|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Crisis of Woman's Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Their ability to work.
(b) Their inability to work.
(c) Too little education.
(d) Too much education.
2. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They weren't allowed in the classes.
(b) They didn't want to study it.
(c) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(d) It was considered unfeminine.
3. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The overemphasis on femininity.
(b) The availability of an education to women.
(c) The undervaluation of femininity.
(d) The availability of work to women.
4. What is the important thing for a girl?
(a) To be understood.
(b) To trap a man.
(c) To be popular.
(d) To pursue her identity.
5. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(b) All of these.
(c) They never grow up.
(d) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
2. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
3. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
4. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
5. What had become a trap?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)