|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(a) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(b) Testing their own powers in the world.
(d) All of these.
2. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) He wanted to open the doors for women.
(b) All of these.
(c) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(d) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
3. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Deciding what one wants to be.
(b) Having children.
(c) Getting married and having kids.
(d) Enrolling in university.
4. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(a) Mood elevators.
(c) Sleeping pills.
5. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(b) To reproduce and be happy.
(c) Where their role in society was.
(d) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
2. What was not a part of women's worlds?
3. What did the union member get labeled as?
4. What became a dirty word?
5. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)