|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(c) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(d) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
2. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) They are more concerned about the future.
(b) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(c) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(d) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
3. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
(b) Women were considered inferior.
(c) All of these.
(d) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
4. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(b) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(c) They never grow up.
(d) All of these.
5. Why couldn't women study physics?
(a) They didn't have the aptitude for it.
(b) They didn't want to study it.
(c) It was considered unfeminine.
(d) They weren't allowed in the classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Freud view his soon-to-be wife?
2. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
3. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
4. In what would Martha take refuge?
5. What is the important thing for a girl?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)