|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
(a) It's practicality.
(b) Its use.
(c) Its therapy.
(d) Its truth.
2. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Being like her mother.
(b) Having children.
(c) Marrying a man like her father.
(d) Becoming a career woman.
3. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) All of these.
(b) They never grow up.
(c) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
(d) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
4. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
5. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To reproduce and be happy.
(b) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(c) Where their role in society was.
(d) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
3. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
4. Why couldn't Betty read a word of the science that had once almost been her life's calling?
5. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)