|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Never mate.
(b) Defy God.
(c) Deny womanhood.
(d) Unsex herself.
2. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
(a) The ideologies of the superego live in the past.
(b) They are plagued with their knowledge of a past.
(c) They are more concerned about the future.
(d) They are able to blow things too far out of proportion.
3. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
(a) They don't know who they are, and their role in the world.
(b) They never grow up.
(c) All of these.
(d) They have nothing to be impassioned about.
4. What kind of pharmaceuticals were women taking?
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) Mood elevators.
5. What became a dirty word?
(a) Free thinking woman.
(b) Opinionated woman.
(c) Career woman.
(d) Working woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
2. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
3. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
4. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
5. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)