|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The availability of work to women.
(b) The undervaluation of femininity.
(c) The availability of an education to women.
(d) The overemphasis on femininity.
2. In what would Martha take refuge?
(b) The drawing room.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her children.
3. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
(a) None of these.
(b) The Revolution.
(c) The emancipation of American from the British throne.
(d) The movement to free the slaves.
4. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) All of these.
(b) Women were considered inferior.
(c) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
(d) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The allure of being a wife.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The occupation of motherhood.
(d) The occupation of housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
3. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
4. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
5. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)