|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What silent question did women ask themselves?
(a) "What else is there to life?"
(b) "Why am I not content with this world?"
(c) "Is this all?"
(d) "What am I missing?"
2. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The availability of work to women.
(b) The availability of an education to women.
(c) The overemphasis on femininity.
(d) The undervaluation of femininity.
3. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within the walls of their homes.
(b) In their own mind and spirit.
(c) In their own relationships with those around them.
(d) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
4. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) The desire to protect the home.
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) Rearing the child.
5. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(b) All relations between men and women.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't women study physics?
2. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
3. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
4. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
5. What was not a part of women's worlds?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)