|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
(b) All of these.
(c) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
(d) Women were considered inferior.
2. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was denied the ability to have children.
(b) She was portrayed as evil.
(c) She was shown as being disdainful.
(d) She was shown as being a bad person.
3. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
(a) Being like her mother.
(b) Becoming a career woman.
(c) Marrying a man like her father.
(d) Having children.
4. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Getting married and having kids.
(b) Enrolling in university.
(c) Having children.
(d) Deciding what one wants to be.
5. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
2. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
3. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
4. The younger generation was consumed with the only aspiration of ____________________.
5. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)