|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Marital subservience.
(b) All of these.
(c) Early marriage.
(d) Sexual degradation.
2. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(b) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(c) None of these.
(d) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
3. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(a) All of these.
(d) All relations between men and women.
4. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(b) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(c) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(d) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
5. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
(b) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(c) Beatification procedures.
(d) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem arises in women who marry first and ask questions later?
2. What terrifies the seventeen-year-old girl?
3. What is the first age that the crisis hits?
4. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
5. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)