Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a dirty word?
(a) Working woman.
(b) Opinionated woman.
(c) Free thinking woman.
(d) Career woman.
2. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The idea that they were not alone.
(b) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(c) Women's husbands.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
3. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is integral.
(b) It is archaic.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is functional.
4. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The occupation of motherhood.
(b) The Feminine Mystique.
(c) The allure of being a wife.
(d) The occupation of housewife.
5. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
(a) They were always dissatisfied with their marital affairs.
(b) They were always envying their neighbors.
(c) They were always frantically busy.
(d) They were all thirty pounds overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
2. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
3. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
4. How did the image of sex change?
5. What did Mrs. Friedan decide to go looking for in this chapter?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)