Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Sexual Solipsism of Sigmund Freud.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
(a) As much as ten hours a day.
(b) As much as twelve hours a day.
(c) Nine hours a day.
(d) Eight hours a day.
2. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Too much education.
(b) Their inability to work.
(c) Their ability to work.
(d) Too little education.
3. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
(b) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(c) Being childless and alone.
(d) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
4. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
(b) Women had become too comfortable.
(c) Women had lost their self identity.
(d) Women longed for careers.
5. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(b) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
(c) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
2. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
3. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
4. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
5. What weren't these feminists called?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)