|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She doesn't care about promotions.
(b) She is harder to sell to.
(c) She has no time to shop.
(d) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
2. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Early marriage.
(b) Marital subservience.
(c) Sexual degradation.
(d) All of these.
3. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
(a) A reasonable human being.
(b) A man hater.
(c) None of these.
(d) A bitter wife.
4. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(b) Sexual repression.
(c) Sexual appetite.
(d) Sexual oppression.
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) Their clients.
(b) The women themselves.
(c) The manipulators.
(d) The manipulators and their clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
2. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
3. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
4. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
5. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)