|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the girls at college?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To fulfill their sexual function.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of those.
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(a) The ability to be impassioned.
(b) The ability to reason.
3. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
(a) Women weren't smart enough to comprehend information that didn't involve the home.
(b) Women were divorced from the nature of the world outside the home.
(c) None of these.
(d) Women didn't care for this kind of information.
4. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) Early marriage.
(b) Sexual degradation.
(c) All of these.
(d) Marital subservience.
5. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to defy conventional educators.
(b) They have to challenge authority.
(c) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
(d) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
2. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
3. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
4. What was considered 'real' life?
5. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)