|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The overemphasis on femininity.
(b) The undervaluation of femininity.
(c) The availability of work to women.
(d) The availability of an education to women.
2. What do Freud's writings give more credit?
(a) To the pre-pubescent expression of sexual interest.
(b) None of these.
(c) To the expression of infantile sexual interest.
(d) To the mature expression of sexual interest.
3. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
(b) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
(c) Desire to get the best clean.
(d) None of these.
4. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
(a) "The art of good homemaking".
(b) "The art of being a great housewife".
(c) "To be an independent buyer".
(d) "To shop unscrupulously".
5. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) Women were considered inferior.
(b) All of these.
(c) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
(d) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
2. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
3. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
4. In what would Martha take refuge?
5. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)