|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what would Martha take refuge?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) All of these.
(d) Her children.
2. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Married life.
(b) Single life.
(c) Spinsterhood life.
(d) Career life.
3. What did the union member get labeled as?
(a) A feminist sympathizer.
(b) An anarchist.
(c) All of these.
(d) None of these.
4. What is stressed in a functional education?
(a) I don't know.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The undervaluation of femininity.
(b) The availability of an education to women.
(c) The availability of work to women.
(d) The overemphasis on femininity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
2. What was really difficult to sell?
3. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
4. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)