|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were flogged and beaten.
(b) They were starved to death.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were forcibly fed.
2. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
3. What is considered "phallic activity"?
(a) Holding ones' genitals.
(b) All of these.
(c) Things that normally pertain to men.
(d) None of these.
4. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of passivity.
(b) An act of war.
(c) An act of contrition.
(d) An act of rebellion.
5. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting a career.
(b) In traveling the world.
(c) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(d) In getting married before graduating college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What requires increased glamorization every year?
2. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
3. What drains away the needs that cannot really be filled by the home and family?
4. Why are the girls at college?
5. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)