|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
(a) To raise children.
(b) All of these.
(c) To be a good wife.
(d) To buy more things for the house.
2. What was really difficult to sell?
(a) Sterling silver.
(b) Gold plated dishes.
3. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was shown as being disdainful.
(b) She was portrayed as evil.
(c) She was shown as being a bad person.
(d) She was denied the ability to have children.
4. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
(a) How to Get Married Fast!
(b) The Quick Chick.
(c) How To Date.
(d) The Slick Chick.
5. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(b) They desire change in government.
(c) They pay attention to political parties.
(d) It concerns their home and husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
3. What became a dirty word?
4. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
5. What year was the survey published for electrical appliances?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)