|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In traveling the world.
(b) In getting married before graduating college.
(c) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(d) In getting a career.
2. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying things to help her marriage.
(b) All of these.
(c) By buying products for the home and family.
(d) By buying things that made her feel good.
3. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
(b) The ability to reason.
(c) The ability to be impassioned.
4. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Four years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six years.
5. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Spinsterhood life.
(b) Married life.
(c) Single life.
(d) Career life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
2. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
3. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
4. What need is deeply set within human nature?
5. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)