|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
(a) Desire to get the best clean.
(b) Fear of exposure to deadly bacteria.
(c) Guilt over the hidden dirt.
(d) None of these.
2. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
(a) Six years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
3. Why is the "Career Woman" not a good market to sell to?
(a) She doesn't care about promotions.
(b) She isn't interested and has housekeepers.
(c) She has no time to shop.
(d) She is harder to sell to.
4. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
5. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(b) In getting married before graduating college.
(c) In getting a career.
(d) In traveling the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
2. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
3. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
4. What weren't these feminists called?
5. What requires increased glamorization every year?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)