|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
2. What requires increased glamorization every year?
(a) The allure of being a wife.
(b) The occupation of housewife.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) The occupation of motherhood.
3. What did the union member get labeled as?
(a) An anarchist.
(b) All of these.
(c) A feminist sympathizer.
(d) None of these.
4. Why do women participate in politics according to "Women's Home Companion" September 1955?
(a) Politics is a topic for which both parties can share.
(b) It concerns their home and husband.
(c) They pay attention to political parties.
(d) They desire change in government.
5. What had become a trap?
(a) The small-minded image of women.
(b) The disregard of the way women feel.
(c) The home life.
(d) The lack of personal image in women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
2. What is the really crucial role of the housewife?
3. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
4. What should an education do?
5. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)