|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying products for the home and family.
(b) By buying things to help her marriage.
(c) All of these.
(d) By buying things that made her feel good.
2. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(a) Deficient female anatomy.
(c) Penis envy.
3. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
(b) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
(c) They have to challenge authority.
(d) They have to defy conventional educators.
4. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
(a) Unsex herself.
(b) Deny womanhood.
(c) Defy God.
(d) Never mate.
5. What was not a part of women's worlds?
(a) Charming and keeping a man.
(b) Home care.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what would Martha take refuge?
2. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
3. What was really difficult to sell?
4. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
5. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)