|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
2. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The idea that they were not alone.
(b) Women's husbands.
(c) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
3. What should an education do?
(a) Increase mental capacity.
(b) Help people to figure out what it is they want from life.
(c) None of these.
(d) Broaden outlook on the world.
4. What is stressed in a functional education?
(b) I don't know.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
(b) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(c) Beatification procedures.
(d) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
2. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
3. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
4. What was not a part of women's worlds?
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)