|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Fifteen hundred.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were starved to death.
(c) They were forcibly fed.
(d) They were flogged and beaten.
3. What is a compliment to a woman in the act of creation of a child?
(a) Maternal instinct.
(c) The desire to protect the home.
(d) Rearing the child.
4. What need is deeply set within human nature?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) To find the answers to life's most pressing questions.
(c) To have a meaningful place in a group that strives for meaningful social goals.
(d) Both of these.
5. What became a dirty word?
(a) Free thinking woman.
(b) Opinionated woman.
(c) Career woman.
(d) Working woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
2. How is spinsterhood viewed?
3. What was the name of the life adjustment course given to eleven- to thirteen-year-old girls?
4. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
5. What is considered "phallic activity"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)