|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Sexual Sell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the union member get labeled as?
(a) A feminist sympathizer.
(b) None of these.
(c) All of these.
(d) An anarchist.
2. Why does an educator have to be daring to suggest non-conformity in regards to sex based education?
(a) They have to challenge the conventional image of femininity.
(b) They have to disagree with the leading psychologists and psychotherapists.
(c) They have to defy conventional educators.
(d) They have to challenge authority.
3. Why are the girls at college?
(a) To get an education.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) To fulfill their sexual function.
(d) Both of those.
4. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) Women's husbands.
(b) The idea that they were not alone.
(c) The answer to the nameless problem.
(d) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
5. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
(a) That he was the leading word on the subject.
(b) That his deductions about the female psyche were complete.
(c) That his word was law and answered all questions.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
2. What is stressed in a functional education?
3. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
4. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
5. How many signatures did Susan Anthony collect?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)