|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(b) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(c) Cling to their husbands.
(d) Cling more to their children.
2. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(b) All of these.
(c) All relations between men and women.
3. What sparked the White House's interest?
(a) A rise in political instability.
(b) A rise in violent crime.
(c) Muscular deterioration.
(d) A rise in juvinile delinquency.
4. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
(a) The Putnam Jackson Childrens Center in Boston.
(b) The Jackson James Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
(c) The Jackson James Center in Boston.
(d) The James Jackson Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
5. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(b) It was compared to the life career women felt.
(c) None of these.
(d) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
2. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
3. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
4. What was wrong with children?
5. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)