|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) Marital fulfillment.
(b) None of these.
(c) Personal fulfillment.
2. What was wrong with children?
(a) They all sleepwalked.
(b) They were going through their lives without passion or direction.
(c) They were following the feminine mystique to the letter.
(d) They lacked fire.
3. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
(a) Noncommitment and vicarious living.
(b) Noncommitment and lack of self.
(c) Lack of self and vicarious living.
(d) Deception and lack of self.
4. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
(c) Sexual promiscuity.
5. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) They turned to their husbands.
(b) Both of these.
(c) They turned to their children.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weren't these feminists called?
2. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
3. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
4. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
5. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)