|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
(a) American women shouldn't attatch to children and husband.
(b) American women have outgrown the housewife role.
(c) American women shouldn't be educated.
(d) American women should stay at home.
2. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Four times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Two times.
3. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) That she will no longer be feminine.
(b) All of these.
(c) That no man will want her.
(d) That most men will be married in college.
4. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
(b) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
(c) Delinquent behavior.
(d) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
5. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
(a) All of these.
(d) All relations between men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
2. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
3. What sparked the White House's interest?
4. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
5. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)