|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
(a) Noncommitment and vicarious living.
(b) Noncommitment and lack of self.
(c) Deception and lack of self.
(d) Lack of self and vicarious living.
2. What weren't these feminists called?
(a) Penis enviers.
(d) Sex starved.
3. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
(a) All of these.
(b) That no man will want her.
(c) That she will no longer be feminine.
(d) That most men will be married in college.
4. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
(a) The James Jackson Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
(b) The Jackson James Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
(c) The Jackson James Center in Boston.
(d) The Putnam Jackson Childrens Center in Boston.
5. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
3. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
4. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
5. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)