|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
(a) American women should stay at home.
(b) American women shouldn't attatch to children and husband.
(c) American women shouldn't be educated.
(d) American women have outgrown the housewife role.
2. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
(a) David Levy.
(b) Arnold Green.
(c) Dr. Spock.
(d) Dr. Strecker.
3. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
(a) Deception and lack of self.
(b) Noncommitment and lack of self.
(c) Lack of self and vicarious living.
(d) Noncommitment and vicarious living.
4. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Juvenile delinquency.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Molly coddling their children.
(d) Both of these.
5. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
2. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
3. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
4. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
5. How much greater was the number of disturbed young wives over any other group other than their husbands?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)