|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Progressive Dehumanization: The Comfortable Concentration Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the vast majority of men and boys born to mothers enthralled in the mystique?
(a) They were unfit for duty on the front or as husbands.
(b) They never grew up.
(c) They were forever likely to take on neurosis.
(d) All of these.
2. How did Andras Angyal describe this weakness?
(a) A social evasion of growth.
(b) None of these.
(c) A psychotic evasion of growth,
(d) A neurotic evasion of growth.
3. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
(a) Noncommitment and lack of self.
(b) Noncommitment and vicarious living.
(c) Lack of self and vicarious living.
(d) Deception and lack of self.
4. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
5. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
(a) All of these.
(b) Marital subservience.
(c) Early marriage.
(d) Sexual degradation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
2. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
3. Who wrote the famous study in maternal overprotection?
4. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
5. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)