* The author describes the problem that has no name as being the central problem of the average American housewife.
* This problem is mainly that women feel unfulfilled in their roles as housewives, and long for something more, although they feel that their must be something wrong with them.
* It seemed that every woman, every girl wanted to be a housewife, and that women's main value was considered to be in care giving and domestic chores.
* Femininity was valued in women, and it was considered feminine to be a wife and mother, and the model of this femininity was in the ideology of the suburban housewife.
* Women were told that they would find fulfillment in the role of wife, mother and housekeeper, but they didn't they
* Since women were obviously unhappy, it was determined that there must be a problem.
* Unfortunately, this...
This section contains 3,606 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)