Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
5. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
Essay Topic 1
The many identities of Aragorn makes the reader wonder who he really is at various points of the story.
Part 1: Why do think Aragorn takes on so many identities?
Part 2: What does Aragorn's ever-changing identity say about him and about his place in the world?
Part 3: Would it be better for Aragorn to only have one identity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Frodo and others seem to have the power to see the future and to begin to make decisions based on what they think might happen.
Part 1: Why is prophesy important in this story?
Part 2: How does prophesy affect the lives of the characters? Cite specific examples.
Part 3: Do you think prophesy should affect one's decisions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Ring of Sauron poisons all men who seek it and it becomes the only thing that stands in the way of Good winning over Evil.
Part 1: What does the Ring of Sauron symbolize in this book?
Part 2: Why are people in this book so affected by this Ring?
Part 3: Do you think you would want to have this Ring in your possession? Why or why not?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)