Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
5. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
Essay Topic 1
Frodo and others seem to have the power to see the future and to begin to make decisions based on what they think might happen.
Part 1: Why is prophesy important in this story?
Part 2: How does prophesy affect the lives of the characters? Cite specific examples.
Part 3: Do you think prophesy should affect one's decisions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Boromir is from the kingdom of Men, but at times he seems to show his weaknesses more than his strengths.
Part 1: Would you have chosen Boromir to be a part of your journey to Mordor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why is Boromir interested in taking the ring for himself?
Part 3: What might have happened had Boromir have taken the ring for himself?
Essay Topic 3
The note from Gandalf reminds Frodo to choose people he trusts as he sets out on his journey.
Part 1: Why is it important to trust the people you are with when heading out on a dangerous journey?
Part 2: Doesn't bringing along those whom you trust put them in harm's way? Why do you think Frodo's friends don't think of that and refuse to come with him?
Part 3: How do you think trust will help the Fellowship as they set out on their journey?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)