|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
5. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
Essay Topic 1
At many points of the journey, the innocence of the Hobbits seems to almost get them into trouble.
Part 1: Why is innocence a good thing to have when you are in trouble?
Part 2: Why might being innocent hurt you when you are in a troublesome situation?
Part 3: Would you rather be innocent in the face of danger or not? Why?
Essay Topic 2
When Frodo offers the ring to Galadriel, she is tempted to take it, but resists.
Part 1: Why do you think Frodo offered the ring to Galadriel?
Part 2: Why would Galadriel have wanted to take the ring for herself?
Part 3: Why does Galadriel finally resist the ring? What might have happened had she not resisted?
Essay Topic 3
The note from Gandalf reminds Frodo to choose people he trusts as he sets out on his journey.
Part 1: Why is it important to trust the people you are with when heading out on a dangerous journey?
Part 2: Doesn't bringing along those whom you trust put them in harm's way? Why do you think Frodo's friends don't think of that and refuse to come with him?
Part 3: How do you think trust will help the Fellowship as they set out on their journey?
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)