Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
2. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
3. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
4. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
5. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
The many identities of Aragorn makes the reader wonder who he really is at various points of the story.
Part 1: Why do think Aragorn takes on so many identities?
Part 2: What does Aragorn's ever-changing identity say about him and about his place in the world?
Part 3: Would it be better for Aragorn to only have one identity? Why or why not?
The sword of Elendil was broken and shattered as it cut the ring from Sauron, but those broken pieces symbolize more than just a broken piece of metal.
Part 1: Why do you think the sword of Elendil broke when it struck Sauron?
Part 2: What is the symbolism of the sword breaking into pieces? How are these broken pieces affecting the world?
Part 3: What does putting the pieces back together say about the hope of men?
Frodo and others seem to have the power to see the future and to begin to make decisions based on what they think might happen.
Part 1: Why is prophesy important in this story?
Part 2: How does prophesy affect the lives of the characters? Cite specific examples.
Part 3: Do you think prophesy should affect one's decisions? Why or why not?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)