Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
5. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
Essay Topic 1
Tolkien is known to have been a devoted Christian and his ideas and beliefs are found in his writing.
Part 1: Why do you think the battle between good and evil is so important to Tolkien?
Part 2: Why would Tolkien have written this story and used Christianity as a theme?
Part 3: In what ways do you think Tolkien is supporting Christianity with this story? Cite some examples.
Essay Topic 2
The sword of Elendil was broken and shattered as it cut the ring from Sauron, but those broken pieces symbolize more than just a broken piece of metal.
Part 1: Why do you think the sword of Elendil broke when it struck Sauron?
Part 2: What is the symbolism of the sword breaking into pieces? How are these broken pieces affecting the world?
Part 3: What does putting the pieces back together say about the hope of men?
Essay Topic 3
Frodo seems the most unlikely carrier for the Ring, though he willingly takes up the task.
Part 1: Why do you think Frodo is willing to take the ring to Mount Doom?
Part 2: Which other character might have made a good ringbearer? Why?
Part 3: What makes Frodo the right person to take the ring to Mount Doom?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)