Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
5. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
Essay Topic 1
The many groups of characters in this story seem to give the reader different facets of humankind in general.
Part 1: Why are the Elves seen as being the fairest of all creatures? What or who might they symbolize in the modern world?
Part 2: Why are the Elves and Dwarves at odds with each other? What other cultures might they represent?
Part 3: Why do you think Tolkien portrayed the race of men as being weak?
Essay Topic 2
At many points of the journey, the innocence of the Hobbits seems to almost get them into trouble.
Part 1: Why is innocence a good thing to have when you are in trouble?
Part 2: Why might being innocent hurt you when you are in a troublesome situation?
Part 3: Would you rather be innocent in the face of danger or not? Why?
Essay Topic 3
One could say that the FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING is the beginning of a mythical story for the characters who are involved, a story which might be told to their children as time passes.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of myth and how does this different from a story?
Part 2: What makes this story mythical in nature?
Part 3: How are the characters in this story mythical? Which qualities make them so?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)