Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
5. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the journey begins with the travels of Bilbo seeking to try new things and new adventures.
Part 1: Why are journeys so important?
Part 2: Why do you think Bilbo is such a wanderer?
Part 3: Why does Frodo also feel called to travel as Bilbo did?
Essay Topic 2
When Frodo offers the ring to Galadriel, she is tempted to take it, but resists.
Part 1: Why do you think Frodo offered the ring to Galadriel?
Part 2: Why would Galadriel have wanted to take the ring for herself?
Part 3: Why does Galadriel finally resist the ring? What might have happened had she not resisted?
Essay Topic 3
The many groups of characters in this story seem to give the reader different facets of humankind in general.
Part 1: Why are the Elves seen as being the fairest of all creatures? What or who might they symbolize in the modern world?
Part 2: Why are the Elves and Dwarves at odds with each other? What other cultures might they represent?
Part 3: Why do you think Tolkien portrayed the race of men as being weak?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)