|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
2. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
3. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
4. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) It is pushed by an orc
(b) The bridge breaks
(c) A falling rock
(d) Gandalf pushes it
5. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
2. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
3. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
4. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
5. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)