|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) A falling rock
(b) The bridge breaks
(c) It is pushed by an orc
(d) Gandalf pushes it
2. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
3. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
4. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
5. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
Short Answer Questions
1. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
2. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
3. _____________ feels the direction they are taking will hasten their path and keep them out of sight.
4. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
5. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
2. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
3. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
4. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
5. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
6. What does Gandalf believe will help them as they head to the Mines of Moria?
7. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
8. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
9. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
10. Why don't the travelers in the Fellowship worry when they get through the door away from the Orcs?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)