|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
2. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
3. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
4. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
5. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(b) Each other
Short Answer Questions
1. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
2. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
3. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
4. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
5. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
2. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
3. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
4. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
5. What is being described in the book Gandalf reads when they are in the Chamber of Records?
6. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
7. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
8. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
9. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
10. Why don't the travelers in the Fellowship worry when they get through the door away from the Orcs?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)