|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
2. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
3. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
4. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Ignore him
(b) Hold him down
(c) Keep him by the fire
(d) Hug him
5. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
2. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
3. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
4. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
5. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
2. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
3. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
4. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
5. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
6. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
7. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
8. Who are some of the people who are attending the Council meeting in Rivendell?
9. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
10. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)