|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
2. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Hold him down
(b) Keep him by the fire
(c) Ignore him
(d) Hug him
3. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
(b) Dark shadow
(c) Fiery eye
(d) Grey mist
4. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
5. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(a) Minas Tirith
(b) The Shire
(d) Minas Mogol
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
2. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
3. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
4. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
5. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aragorn say when Frodo states that Aragorn is the rightful heir and that he should have the ring?
2. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
3. What does Gandalf believe will help them as they head to the Mines of Moria?
4. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
5. Why don't the travelers in the Fellowship worry when they get through the door away from the Orcs?
6. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
7. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
8. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
9. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
10. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)