|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
2. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(c) Big Men
3. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
4. _____________ feels the direction they are taking will hasten their path and keep them out of sight.
5. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
2. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
3. The Elves warn the travelers that ________ are coming, but they can rest for the night with them.
4. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
5. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
2. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
3. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
4. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
5. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
6. What does Aragorn reveal to the Elves about the demise of Gandalf?
7. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
8. What does Gandalf believe will help them as they head to the Mines of Moria?
9. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
10. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)