|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(c) Held captive
2. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Whole group of orcs
(b) Spirit shadow
(c) Hunting eagle
3. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
4. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
5. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
2. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
3. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
4. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
5. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
2. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
3. Who are some of the people who are attending the Council meeting in Rivendell?
4. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
5. What is being described in the book Gandalf reads when they are in the Chamber of Records?
6. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
7. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
8. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
9. What does Aragorn say when Frodo states that Aragorn is the rightful heir and that he should have the ring?
10. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)