|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
2. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(a) The promise of the Ring
3. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
4. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
5. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
2. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
3. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
4. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
5. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
2. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
3. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
4. What does Aragorn reveal to the Elves about the demise of Gandalf?
5. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
6. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
7. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
8. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
9. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
10. What is being described in the book Gandalf reads when they are in the Chamber of Records?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)