|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
2. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
3. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
4. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
5. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
2. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
3. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
4. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
5. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
Short Essay Questions
1. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
2. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
3. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
4. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
5. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
6. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
7. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
8. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
9. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
10. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)