|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
2. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) A falling rock
(b) It is pushed by an orc
(c) The bridge breaks
(d) Gandalf pushes it
3. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
4. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
5. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
2. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
3. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
4. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
5. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gandalf believe will help them as they head to the Mines of Moria?
2. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
3. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
4. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
5. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
6. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
7. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
8. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
9. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
10. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)