|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(d) The promise of the Ring
2. The Elves warn the travelers that ________ are coming, but they can rest for the night with them.
(d) Black Riders
3. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
(d) Black Riders
4. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(a) Big Men
5. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
2. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
3. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
4. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
5. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
2. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
3. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
4. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
5. What does Aragorn reveal to the Elves about the demise of Gandalf?
6. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
7. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
8. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
9. What is being described in the book Gandalf reads when they are in the Chamber of Records?
10. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)