|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(c) Big Men
2. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
3. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(c) Pale King
4. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
5. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
2. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
3. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
4. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
5. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
2. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
3. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
4. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
5. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
6. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
7. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
8. What does Aragorn reveal to the Elves about the demise of Gandalf?
9. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
10. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)