|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
2. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
3. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
4. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
5. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
(b) Minas Morgol
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
2. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
3. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
4. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
5. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
2. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
3. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
4. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
5. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
6. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
7. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
8. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
9. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
10. What does Gandalf believe will help them as they head to the Mines of Moria?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)