|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
2. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(b) Each other
3. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
4. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(a) Big Men
5. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
2. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
3. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
4. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
5. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
2. What does Aragorn say when Frodo states that Aragorn is the rightful heir and that he should have the ring?
3. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
4. What is being described in the book Gandalf reads when they are in the Chamber of Records?
5. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
6. What does Frodo decide will be best for the Ring and for his quest?
7. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
8. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
9. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
10. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)