|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
2. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(a) Green beryl
(b) Orc blood
3. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
4. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(c) Dark force
5. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(c) Big Men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
2. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
3. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
4. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
5. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
2. What does Aragorn say when Frodo states that Aragorn is the rightful heir and that he should have the ring?
3. What is in the small wooden box that Sam receives from Lady Galadriel?
4. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
5. Who are some of the people who are attending the Council meeting in Rivendell?
6. What does Gandalf believe will help them as they head to the Mines of Moria?
7. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
8. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
9. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
10. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)