|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
2. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
3. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
4. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Hold him down
(b) Ignore him
(c) Hug him
(d) Keep him by the fire
5. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
2. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
3. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
4. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
5. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frodo awakes in a comfortable bed, what does Gandalf tell him?
2. How does Lord Celeborn greet Gimli when he arrives in Lothlorien?
3. What does Sam share with Frodo that he has seen, though he's not sure it was a dream or not?
4. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
5. Who is given the task of deciding which way the journey much continue?
6. What does Aragorn suggest in order to make the blindfolding fair for those who are traveling?
7. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
8. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
9. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
10. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)