|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
2. Who has been heading West in large groups, leaving Middle Earth for some reason?
3. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(b) Food and drink
(d) Precious stones
4. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
(c) Pair of shoes
(d) Piece of jewelry
5. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
(a) Her singing
(b) Her grace
(c) Her husband
(d) Her hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
2. What do the Hobbits encounter once they have ridden over the hills and past the Downs?
3. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
4. Tom's wife sees Frodo as an _________ friend by the light in his eyes and the gladness in his voice.
5. Merry has strange dreams of _____________ when he is sleeping at Tom Bombadil's house.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sam is walking around to look for the ponies, he hears a splash. What happened?
2. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
3. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
4. What does Frodo dream about during his first night's sleep at Crickhollow?
5. Why don't the travelers in the Fellowship worry when they get through the door away from the Orcs?
6. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
7. What does Frodo do in order to save his friends from their terrible fate?
8. What happened to the Ringwraiths when their horses were drowned in the flood?
9. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
10. Where do the travelers decide to stay before they make the decision to go to Gondor or to Moria?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)