|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
2. Who enters the room with Butterbur after there is a knock on the door of the Hobbits' room?
3. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
4. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
5. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
(c) Piece of jewelry
(d) Pair of shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
2. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
3. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
4. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Gandalf found out about the ring Bilbo had, and which Gandalf had persuaded Bilbo to leave with Frodo?
2. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
3. Describe the wife of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry. What does she look like and by what is she surrounded?
4. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
5. What does Goldberry say to the Hobbits as they are leaving Tom's house?
6. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
7. What happens when Pippin yells at the trees to let them through on their journey?
8. Why does Frodo not want to cut through Farmer Maggot's land as they are traveling to Crickhollow?
9. What does Frodo reply to the man at the gate of Bree when he asks about Frodo's business?
10. Who celebrates Frodo's 50th birthday with him with a small celebration before he goes off?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)