|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
2. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
3. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
(b) Piece of bread
4. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
(a) Her grace
(b) Her husband
(c) Her singing
(d) Her hair
5. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He never really left
(b) He is a king
(c) He is coming back soon
(d) He's dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
2. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
3. Who enters the room with Butterbur after there is a knock on the door of the Hobbits' room?
4. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
5. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Strider take the Hobbits in another direction to Weathertop as they leave Bree to continue their journey?
2. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
3. What are the travelers given by the Elves in order to help their journey?
4. What has Gandalf found out about the ring Bilbo had, and which Gandalf had persuaded Bilbo to leave with Frodo?
5. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
6. In the last stage of their journey, what two directions are the travelers trying to choose between?
7. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
8. Why don't the travelers in the Fellowship worry when they get through the door away from the Orcs?
9. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
10. Who celebrates Frodo's 50th birthday with him with a small celebration before he goes off?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)