|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
(a) Piece of jewelry
(d) Pair of shoes
2. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
3. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
4. What is the name of Tom's wife, the woman who is sitting in a large chair when the Hobbits arrive?
(c) Golden Girl
5. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) Green Path
(b) River Bed
(c) Winding Road
(d) Old Forest
Short Answer Questions
1. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
2. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
3. Who enters the room with Butterbur after there is a knock on the door of the Hobbits' room?
4. Who says that he can see ahead and understands the danger but that he knows he can not turn back from the task?
5. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
2. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
3. What is the magic trick Bilbo has decided to play on the people at the party he is planning?
4. What does Frodo dream about during his first night's sleep at Crickhollow?
5. Who comes with the Hobbits to see them off on their journey as they leave Crickhollow?
6. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
7. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
8. Why does Frodo not want to cut through Farmer Maggot's land as they are traveling to Crickhollow?
9. Describe the wife of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry. What does she look like and by what is she surrounded?
10. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)