|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
2. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
3. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
4. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
5. Where does Gandalf go to meet Bilbo after he has disappeared?
(d) Bag End
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
2. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
3. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
4. Merry has strange dreams of _____________ when he is sleeping at Tom Bombadil's house.
5. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Strider take the Hobbits in another direction to Weathertop as they leave Bree to continue their journey?
2. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
3. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
4. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
5. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
6. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
7. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
8. What does Frodo do in order to save his friends from their terrible fate?
9. Who comes with the Hobbits to see them off on their journey as they leave Crickhollow?
10. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)