|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
2. What do Sam, Merry, and Pippin have on their heads as Frodo turns to face them?
3. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
4. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
5. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He never really left
(b) He's dead
(c) He is coming back soon
(d) He is a king
Short Answer Questions
1. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
2. Who says that he can see ahead and understands the danger but that he knows he can not turn back from the task?
3. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
4. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
5. To where is Frodo going to move in order to be safer than he is is in Bag End?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
2. Who is in Frodo's house when they arrive during the night?
3. Why do the other Hobbits think Frodo is strange and as odd after Bilbo leaves the Shire?
4. What does Goldberry say to the Hobbits as they are leaving Tom's house?
5. What does Tom reply when Frodo asks him how he heard their cries for help?
6. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
7. What does Frodo do in order to distract himself from putting on the Ring in the tavern?
8. What has Gandalf found out about the ring Bilbo had, and which Gandalf had persuaded Bilbo to leave with Frodo?
9. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
10. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)