|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(a) His food untouched
(b) The other Hobbits
(d) The Shire
2. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) Key to Bag End
(b) A piece of gold
(c) The ring
(d) A plant
3. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
(c) Tom Bombadil
4. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
5. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Merry has strange dreams of _____________ when he is sleeping at Tom Bombadil's house.
2. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
3. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
4. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
5. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
2. What does Frodo do in order to save his friends from their terrible fate?
3. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
4. Who celebrates Frodo's 50th birthday with him with a small celebration before he goes off?
5. When Sam is walking around to look for the ponies, he hears a splash. What happened?
6. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
7. What does Sam tell Frodo about trusting the stranger, Strider?
8. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
9. What is the magic trick Bilbo has decided to play on the people at the party he is planning?
10. When does Frodo tell Gandalf he will leave the Shire and his Hobbit life?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)