|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
2. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(c) Bag End
3. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
4. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
5. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
2. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
3. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
4. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
5. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
2. What does Sam tell Frodo about trusting the stranger, Strider?
3. Who celebrates Frodo's 50th birthday with him with a small celebration before he goes off?
4. What do the other Hobbits know about the ring that Frodo carries with him?
5. Describe what Sam, Merry, and Pippin look like in the Barrows-Wight cave?
6. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
7. Why do the other Hobbits think Frodo is strange and as odd after Bilbo leaves the Shire?
8. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
9. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
10. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)