|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(b) Put on the ring
2. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
3. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
4. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(a) The Witch King
5. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
2. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
3. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
4. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
5. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
2. What does Frodo reply to the man at the gate of Bree when he asks about Frodo's business?
3. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
4. What does Frodo do in order to distract himself from putting on the Ring in the tavern?
5. Describe what Sam, Merry, and Pippin look like in the Barrows-Wight cave?
6. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
7. What do the other Hobbits know about the ring that Frodo carries with him?
8. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
9. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
10. What does Frodo dream about during his first night's sleep at Crickhollow?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)