|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
(b) Merry Brandybuck
(c) Perrigrin Took
(d) Sam Gamgee
2. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
3. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
(b) Pair of shoes
(d) Piece of jewelry
4. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
5. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is rumored to have had many adventures with strange groups of people, even Dwarves and Elves?
2. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
3. Merry has strange dreams of _____________ when he is sleeping at Tom Bombadil's house.
4. Who enters the room with Butterbur after there is a knock on the door of the Hobbits' room?
5. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
2. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
3. When does Frodo tell Gandalf he will leave the Shire and his Hobbit life?
4. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
5. What happens when Pippin yells at the trees to let them through on their journey?
6. What does Frodo do in order to distract himself from putting on the Ring in the tavern?
7. Describe the wife of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry. What does she look like and by what is she surrounded?
8. Why do the other Hobbits think Frodo is strange and as odd after Bilbo leaves the Shire?
9. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
10. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)