|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
2. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
3. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
4. What is Frodo imprisoned in when he finally wakes up from being passed out?
(a) Weathertop Castle
(c) Barrow-Wights Cave
(d) Spider Cave
5. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
2. Who sees a black shadow first as the Hobbits are traveling across the river?
3. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. What do the Hobbits encounter once they have ridden over the hills and past the Downs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the magic trick Bilbo has decided to play on the people at the party he is planning?
2. What does Pippin reveal to Frodo that actually makes Frodo a bit upset to learn?
3. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
4. What does Frodo dream about during his first night's sleep at Crickhollow?
5. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
6. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
7. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
8. Describe what Sam, Merry, and Pippin look like in the Barrows-Wight cave?
9. What does Frodo regret as he comes upon his 50th birthday, the same age Bilbo was when Bilbo left for a great adventure?
10. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)