|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
2. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
3. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
4. What do the Hobbits take with them to arm themselves against danger?
(b) Small daggers
(c) Long swords
5. What does Bilbo slip on his finger in order to play a trick on the party guests?
(b) A piece of string
(d) The Ring
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
2. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
3. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
4. To where is Frodo going to move in order to be safer than he is is in Bag End?
5. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
2. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
3. Why does Strider take the Hobbits in another direction to Weathertop as they leave Bree to continue their journey?
4. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
5. What is Gildor's reaction to the fact that Gandalf has not arrived as promised yet?
6. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
7. Who knew about Bilbo's magic trick before he did it in front of the guests at the party he throws?
8. What does Sam tell Frodo about trusting the stranger, Strider?
9. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
10. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)