|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
2. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
3. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
4. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(c) Put on the ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Strider taking the Hobbits, though he takes a slightly different path than they start out taking?
2. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
3. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
4. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
2. Who knew about Bilbo's magic trick before he did it in front of the guests at the party he throws?
3. What does Frodo do in order to distract himself from putting on the Ring in the tavern?
4. When Sam is walking around to look for the ponies, he hears a splash. What happened?
5. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
6. Describe the wife of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry. What does she look like and by what is she surrounded?
7. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
8. What does Frodo dream about during his first night's sleep at Crickhollow?
9. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
10. What does Frodo reply to the man at the gate of Bree when he asks about Frodo's business?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)