|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
(d) icy grip
2. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(a) His food untouched
(b) The Shire
(c) The other Hobbits
3. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
4. Whose field are the Hobbits going to cross through, even though Frodo is hesitant to do so?
5. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
(a) Be seen
(b) Be heard
(c) Be turned
(d) Be recognized
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
2. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
3. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
4. What is the name of Tom's wife, the woman who is sitting in a large chair when the Hobbits arrive?
5. What is Frodo imprisoned in when he finally wakes up from being passed out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pippin yells at the trees to let them through on their journey?
2. What does Frodo do in order to save his friends from their terrible fate?
3. What does Tom reply when Frodo asks him how he heard their cries for help?
4. What has Gandalf found out about the ring Bilbo had, and which Gandalf had persuaded Bilbo to leave with Frodo?
5. What do the other Hobbits know about the ring that Frodo carries with him?
6. What happens when Tom takes the ring in his hand after Frodo hands it to him?
7. What is the magic trick Bilbo has decided to play on the people at the party he is planning?
8. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
9. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
10. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)