|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(a) Bag End
2. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(a) Put on the ring
3. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
4. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(a) Stone flow
5. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(a) The Hobbit's journey
(b) Dark Riders
(d) Gandalf's disappearance
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
2. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
3. What does Frodo celebrate every year since the leaving of Bilbo?
4. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
5. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who knew about Bilbo's magic trick before he did it in front of the guests at the party he throws?
2. What does Frodo regret as he comes upon his 50th birthday, the same age Bilbo was when Bilbo left for a great adventure?
3. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
4. When does Frodo tell Gandalf he will leave the Shire and his Hobbit life?
5. When Sam is walking around to look for the ponies, he hears a splash. What happened?
6. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
7. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
8. What does Pippin reveal to Frodo that actually makes Frodo a bit upset to learn?
9. What does Sam tell Frodo about trusting the stranger, Strider?
10. What has Gandalf found out about the ring Bilbo had, and which Gandalf had persuaded Bilbo to leave with Frodo?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)