|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
2. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
3. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
4. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Willow
(b) Old Man Oak
(c) Old Man
(d) Old Willow
5. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her hair
(c) Her grace
(d) Her singing
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
2. Who is the friend of Fatty Bolger who helps to prepare Frodo's new home for him before he arrives?
3. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
4. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
5. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frodo do with his home Bag End when he is making preparations to leave the land of Hobbits?
2. Who celebrates Frodo's 50th birthday with him with a small celebration before he goes off?
3. Describe the wife of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry. What does she look like and by what is she surrounded?
4. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
5. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
6. What has Gandalf found out about the ring Bilbo had, and which Gandalf had persuaded Bilbo to leave with Frodo?
7. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
8. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
9. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
10. Why do the other Hobbits think Frodo is strange and as odd after Bilbo leaves the Shire?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)