|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(a) The Witch King
2. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
3. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
4. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
5. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
2. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
3. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
4. To where is Frodo going to move in order to be safer than he is is in Bag End?
5. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
2. What is so special about Frodo turning 33 on the day of Bilbo's large party and suprise?
3. What is Gildor's reaction to the fact that Gandalf has not arrived as promised yet?
4. What does Pippin reveal to Frodo that actually makes Frodo a bit upset to learn?
5. Why does Frodo not want to cut through Farmer Maggot's land as they are traveling to Crickhollow?
6. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
7. What does Frodo do in order to save his friends from their terrible fate?
8. Why does Strider take the Hobbits in another direction to Weathertop as they leave Bree to continue their journey?
9. What do the other Hobbits know about the ring that Frodo carries with him?
10. Who comes with the Hobbits to see them off on their journey as they leave Crickhollow?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)