|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(a) Light a fire
(b) Use their swords
2. Which companion does Frodo sense a change in as they are walking along on their journey?
3. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
4. Who says that he can see ahead and understands the danger but that he knows he can not turn back from the task?
5. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
2. Who is the friend of Fatty Bolger who helps to prepare Frodo's new home for him before he arrives?
3. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
4. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
5. Who told Frodo he should always bring his trusted friends with him on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes with the Hobbits to see them off on their journey as they leave Crickhollow?
2. Who knew about Bilbo's magic trick before he did it in front of the guests at the party he throws?
3. What happens when Pippin yells at the trees to let them through on their journey?
4. When Sam is walking around to look for the ponies, he hears a splash. What happened?
5. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
6. What does Frodo do in order to save his friends from their terrible fate?
7. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
8. What is Gildor's reaction to the fact that Gandalf has not arrived as promised yet?
9. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
10. What does Frodo regret as he comes upon his 50th birthday, the same age Bilbo was when Bilbo left for a great adventure?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)