|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
2. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
3. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(b) Light a fire
(d) Use their swords
4. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
5. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
2. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
3. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
4. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
5. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
2. Who takes Frodo up on their horse when they realize just how ill Frodo is from the stabbing by the Morgol blade?
3. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
4. Describe the wife of Tom Bombadil, Goldberry. What does she look like and by what is she surrounded?
5. How does Gandalf eventually open up the door to the Mines of Moria?
6. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
7. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
8. What does Strider come back with when he goes out to scout out a bridge that they might have to cross?
9. Describe what Sam, Merry, and Pippin look like in the Barrows-Wight cave?
10. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)