|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom's wife, the woman who is sitting in a large chair when the Hobbits arrive?
(a) Golden Girl
2. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
3. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) Winding Road
(b) Old Forest
(c) Green Path
(d) River Bed
4. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
5. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
2. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
3. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
4. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frodo regret as he comes upon his 50th birthday, the same age Bilbo was when Bilbo left for a great adventure?
2. What is the magic trick Bilbo has decided to play on the people at the party he is planning?
3. Describe what Sam, Merry, and Pippin look like in the Barrows-Wight cave?
4. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
5. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
6. What does Pippin reveal to Frodo that actually makes Frodo a bit upset to learn?
7. Why does Frodo not want to cut through Farmer Maggot's land as they are traveling to Crickhollow?
8. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
9. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
10. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)