|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
2. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
3. Where does Gandalf go to meet Bilbo after he has disappeared?
(a) Bag End
4. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(b) Put on the ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam, Merry, and Pippin have on their heads as Frodo turns to face them?
2. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
3. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
4. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
5. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
2. Who is in Frodo's house when they arrive during the night?
3. How do the Hobbits plan to go to Crickhollow in order to reach Frodo's new home?
4. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
5. What do the other Hobbits know about the ring that Frodo carries with him?
6. What does Frodo regret as he comes upon his 50th birthday, the same age Bilbo was when Bilbo left for a great adventure?
7. Why does Strider take the Hobbits in another direction to Weathertop as they leave Bree to continue their journey?
8. What does Pippin reveal to Frodo that actually makes Frodo a bit upset to learn?
9. What does Frodo do in order to distract himself from putting on the Ring in the tavern?
10. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)