|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
(a) Police officer
(b) No one
2. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
3. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
4. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
5. Who says that he can see ahead and understands the danger but that he knows he can not turn back from the task?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
2. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
3. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
4. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
5. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in Frodo's house when they arrive during the night?
2. What does Frodo reply to the man at the gate of Bree when he asks about Frodo's business?
3. When Sam is walking around to look for the ponies, he hears a splash. What happened?
4. What does Sam tell Frodo about trusting the stranger, Strider?
5. What does Frodo do in order to distract himself from putting on the Ring in the tavern?
6. When does Frodo tell Gandalf he will leave the Shire and his Hobbit life?
7. What happens to Merry and Pippin when they lay down in the forest of trees?
8. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
9. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
10. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)