|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
2. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
3. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
4. What does Frodo quickly and easily hand over to Tom without hesitation?
(a) His map
(b) A cloak
(c) The Ring
(d) His sword
5. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
2. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
3. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
4. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
5. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the other Hobbits think Frodo is strange and as odd after Bilbo leaves the Shire?
2. What does Butterbur give to the Hobbits when they are at the Inn?
3. Who celebrates Frodo's 50th birthday with him with a small celebration before he goes off?
4. Who is in Frodo's house when they arrive during the night?
5. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
6. What did Farmer Maggot tell the dark man, cloaked and hooded, when he asked about Baggins?
7. What kind of party is Bilbo Baggins planning at the beginning of the "Fellowship of the Ring"?
8. Who comes with the Hobbits to see them off on their journey as they leave Crickhollow?
9. What does Fatty Bolger do when the Black Riders come into Crickhollow?
10. What is in the Barrows-Wight cave in which Frodo realizes he is imprisoned?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)