|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo celebrate every year since the leaving of Bilbo?
(a) Bilbo's birthday
(c) Ring Day
(d) Gandalf's birthday
2. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
3. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(d) Stone flow
4. What is the job title of Gaffer Gamgee, father of Sam Gamgee?
5. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) Key to Bag End
(b) A piece of gold
(c) The ring
(d) A plant
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandalf reminds Frodo he must not use ________ for any reason.
2. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
3. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
4. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
5. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sam so insistent on joining Frodo on his journey, which is surprising to Frodo?
2. Why don't the travelers in the Fellowship worry when they get through the door away from the Orcs?
3. When Frodo asks Tom who he is, how does Tom describe himself to the Hobbits?
4. What is the rumor of the Elves that the Hobbits are just starting to hear about in their own town?
5. What does Frodo dream about during his first night's sleep at Crickhollow?
6. What do the other Hobbits know about the ring that Frodo carries with him?
7. What does Gandalf reveal about his period of being absent from the journey?
8. What does Frodo reply to the man at the gate of Bree when he asks about Frodo's business?
9. What does Bilbo give to Frodo on his last day in Rivendell?
10. What does Aragorn say when Frodo states that Aragorn is the rightful heir and that he should have the ring?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)