|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
2. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
3. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
4. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
5. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(b) Each other
6. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
7. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
8. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
9. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
10. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
11. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
12. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
13. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
14. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
15. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
2. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
3. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
4. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
5. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)