|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
(d) Minas Morgol
2. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
3. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(b) Pale King
4. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
5. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
6. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
7. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
8. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(d) Dark force
9. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(a) Each other
10. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
11. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
12. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Keep him by the fire
(b) Ignore him
(c) Hug him
(d) Hold him down
13. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
14. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
15. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Spirit shadow
(b) Hunting eagle
(d) Whole group of orcs
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
2. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
3. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
4. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
5. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)