|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
(b) House of Elrond
(d) The Shire
2. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
3. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
4. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(b) Hunting eagle
(c) Spirit shadow
(d) Whole group of orcs
5. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) Gandalf pushes it
(b) It is pushed by an orc
(c) The bridge breaks
(d) A falling rock
6. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
7. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
8. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
9. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
10. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
11. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
12. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(d) Pale King
13. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(b) Dark force
14. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
(a) Fiery eye
(b) Dark shadow
(d) Grey mist
15. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
2. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
3. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
4. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
5. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)