|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
2. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
3. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(b) Green beryl
(d) Orc blood
4. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
5. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(b) Closes his eyes
6. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
7. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
8. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
9. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
10. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(d) Pale King
11. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
12. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
13. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
(a) Minas Morgol
14. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
15. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(b) Minas Tirith
(c) The Shire
(d) Minas Mogol
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
3. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
4. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
5. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)