|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
2. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
3. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(d) Dark force
4. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(a) Each other
5. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
6. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(a) Pale King
7. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
8. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
9. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(d) Closes his eyes
10. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
11. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
12. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
13. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
14. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
15. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Keep him by the fire
(b) Hug him
(c) Hold him down
(d) Ignore him
Short Answer Questions
1. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
2. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
3. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
4. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
5. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)