|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
2. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
3. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(a) His Father
(c) The Queen
(d) The King
4. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
5. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
6. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
7. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
8. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
9. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
10. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
11. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(a) Dark force
12. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
13. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(b) Held captive
14. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
(d) The Witch King
15. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
2. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
3. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
4. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
5. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)