|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
4. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
5. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(c) Pale King
6. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(b) Closes his eyes
7. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
8. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(a) The Queen
(b) The King
(c) His Father
9. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
10. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
11. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
12. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
13. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
14. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Ignore him
(b) Hold him down
(c) Keep him by the fire
(d) Hug him
15. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(c) Big Men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
2. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
3. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
4. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
5. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)