|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
2. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
3. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
4. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
5. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(a) Minas Mogol
(c) Minas Tirith
(d) The Shire
6. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
7. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
8. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(d) Closes his eyes
9. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
10. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(d) The promise of the Ring
11. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
12. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
13. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
(a) The Shire
(b) House of Elrond
14. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(b) Orc blood
(c) Green beryl
15. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
2. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
3. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
4. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
5. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)