|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
2. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
3. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
4. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
5. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
6. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
7. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
(b) The Shire
(c) House of Elrond
8. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
9. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(a) Each other
10. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
11. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(c) The promise of the Ring
12. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
13. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
14. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(c) Held captive
15. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
2. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
3. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
4. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
5. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)