|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Spirit shadow
(b) Whole group of orcs
(d) Hunting eagle
2. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
3. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
4. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
5. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
6. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(d) Held captive
7. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
8. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
9. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
10. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
11. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
12. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(a) His Father
(b) The King
(c) The Queen
13. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Keep him by the fire
(b) Ignore him
(c) Hug him
(d) Hold him down
14. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
15. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
2. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
3. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
4. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
5. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)