|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Keep him by the fire
(b) Hold him down
(c) Hug him
(d) Ignore him
2. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(a) Minas Mogol
(c) The Shire
(d) Minas Tirith
3. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
4. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
5. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(b) Pale King
6. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
7. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
8. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
9. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Spirit shadow
(b) Hunting eagle
(d) Whole group of orcs
10. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
11. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
12. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
(b) The Witch King
13. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
14. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
15. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
2. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
3. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
4. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
5. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)