|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(d) The promise of the Ring
2. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
3. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
4. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
5. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
6. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Hunting eagle
(b) Whole group of orcs
(c) Spirit shadow
7. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
8. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Hold him down
(b) Hug him
(c) Ignore him
(d) Keep him by the fire
9. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
10. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
11. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
12. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(b) Each other
13. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
14. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
15. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
2. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
3. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
4. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
5. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)