|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
2. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
3. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
4. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
5. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
6. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
7. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(b) The promise of the Ring
8. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
9. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
10. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
11. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
12. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
13. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
14. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
15. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
2. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
3. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
4. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
5. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)