|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(c) The promise of the Ring
2. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
3. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
(a) The Shire
(d) House of Elrond
4. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(b) Pale King
5. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
6. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
7. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
8. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
(a) Fiery eye
(c) Grey mist
(d) Dark shadow
9. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(c) Each other
10. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
11. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
12. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
13. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
14. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
(a) Black Riders
15. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
2. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
3. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
4. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
5. The Elves warn the travelers that ________ are coming, but they can rest for the night with them.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)