|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
2. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(a) Closes his eyes
3. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(a) Green beryl
(c) Orc blood
4. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
5. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
6. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
7. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
8. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(b) The King
(c) His Father
(d) The Queen
9. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(c) Big Men
10. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
11. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
12. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
13. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
14. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
15. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
2. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
3. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
4. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
5. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)