|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
3. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
(c) The Shire
(d) House of Elrond
4. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
5. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
6. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
7. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
8. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(b) Hunting eagle
(c) Spirit shadow
(d) Whole group of orcs
9. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(b) The promise of the Ring
10. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
11. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
12. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
13. _____________ feels the direction they are taking will hasten their path and keep them out of sight.
14. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
15. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
(a) Dark shadow
(c) Grey mist
(d) Fiery eye
Short Answer Questions
1. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
2. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
3. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
4. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
5. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)