|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
2. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(d) Big Men
3. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(a) Pale King
4. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(a) Minas Mogol
(b) Minas Tirith
(d) The Shire
5. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(c) Green beryl
(d) Orc blood
6. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
7. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Whole group of orcs
(c) Spirit shadow
(d) Hunting eagle
8. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(d) Held captive
9. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
10. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
11. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
(b) The Witch King
12. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
13. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
14. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
15. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
3. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
4. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
5. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)