|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
2. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(d) Dark force
3. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
4. What does Celeborn offer to the travelers to help them speed their journey until they decide which path to follow?
5. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
6. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
7. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Hold him down
(b) Keep him by the fire
(c) Ignore him
(d) Hug him
8. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
9. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
10. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
11. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
12. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
13. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(b) The promise of the Ring
14. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
(a) Black Riders
15. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
2. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
3. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
4. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
5. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)