|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
2. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
3. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
4. _____________ feels the direction they are taking will hasten their path and keep them out of sight.
5. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(d) Closes his eyes
6. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
7. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(b) Hunting eagle
(c) Spirit shadow
(d) Whole group of orcs
8. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
9. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(a) The promise of the Ring
10. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
11. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
12. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(a) The Queen
(b) His Father
(d) The King
13. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
14. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
15. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
2. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
3. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
4. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
5. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)