|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
2. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
3. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(b) Orc blood
(d) Green beryl
4. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
(a) Dark shadow
(b) Fiery eye
(d) Grey mist
5. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
6. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
7. How many rings were hidden away from Sauron and have never been touched by him?
8. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(a) The promise of the Ring
9. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
10. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
11. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
12. What does Aragorn feel on him, which makes it difficult for him to sleep during Frodo's watch?
13. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
14. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
15. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
(b) House of Elrond
(c) The Shire
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
2. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
3. Who receives a silver brooch set with a clear green stone which was given to Galadriel by Celeborn?
4. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
5. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)