|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
2. Who was the person who was supposed to destroy the One Ring and keep it out of Sauron's hands?
3. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
4. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
5. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
6. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
7. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
8. The company reaches the last stage of their journey where they must decide whether to go to __________ or Gondor.
9. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
10. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
11. Lady Galadriel shares that she sees a ______________ about Gandalf as the travelers are counted by the Lord.
(a) Dark shadow
(b) Grey mist
(c) Fiery eye
12. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
13. Lord _____________ greets everyone, telling Gimli he is happy that he is there and hopes this is a sign their differences can be mended.
14. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
15. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
3. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
4. _____________ feels the direction they are taking will hasten their path and keep them out of sight.
5. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)