|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(a) The Queen
(b) His Father
(d) The King
2. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
3. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
4. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
5. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
6. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
7. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) A falling rock
(b) The bridge breaks
(c) It is pushed by an orc
(d) Gandalf pushes it
8. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
9. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Spirit shadow
(b) Whole group of orcs
(d) Hunting eagle
10. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
11. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(b) The promise of the Ring
12. What color does Frodo's sword Sting glow when orcs are near?
13. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
14. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
15. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(c) Pale King
Short Answer Questions
1. Boromir tells Frodo that his people are very __________ and would not let the ring take them over.
2. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
3. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
4. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
5. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)