|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
2. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
3. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
4. Who makes the decision for the group to leave at once, even though Sting isn't glowing too brightly?
5. ___________ tells the Lord and Lady that Gandalf fell into a Shadow and did not leave Moria.
6. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
7. Who says they do not trust Lady Galadriel and her words?
8. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
9. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
10. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(a) Held captive
11. The Fellowship take few ______________ because their journey does not involve war, but secrecy.
12. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Spirit shadow
(b) Whole group of orcs
(c) Hunting eagle
13. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
14. What decorates the new sheath for Aragorn's sword, as given to him by Lady Galadriel?
(a) The promise of the Ring
15. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(d) Dark force
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
2. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
3. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
4. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
5. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)