|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
(a) Spirit shadow
(b) Whole group of orcs
(d) Hunting eagle
2. What did Strider tell the Hobbits to do for Frodo after he was stabbed by a Morgol blade?
(a) Keep him by the fire
(b) Hug him
(c) Hold him down
(d) Ignore him
3. What is the word Gandalf finally uses in order to solve the riddle of the doors and to open them?
4. What is the name of the only person who can make the decision whether to go East or to go West on the journey?
5. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
(d) The Witch King
6. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(a) Minas Mogol
(b) Minas Tirith
(c) The Shire
7. What does Sam do when Lady Galadriel stares at him as she speaks to the others?
(b) Closes his eyes
8. What is the bloodthirsty and larger type of wolf that the travelers have to fight?
(b) Black Riders
9. All of the travelers, before they leave, drink from the Cup of _____________.
10. How many people does Elrond believe should be in the Fellowship of the Ring?
11. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
12. Who does Strider say has been following them for days, watching them and their movements?
13. Who is grabbed by the foot with a large tentacle as the travelers make their way inside the mines?
14. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
15. The Elves warn the travelers that ________ are coming, but they can rest for the night with them.
(c) Black Riders
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
2. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
3. __________ sends scouts in all directions to gather word about the Black Riders.
4. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
5. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)