|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
2. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
3. When the group gets to the edge of the city, which traveler is told he has to be blindfolded?
4. Frodo asks where the ___________ is, but the Hobbits do not understand of what he is talking.
(a) Pale King
5. Frodo sees in the distance the Pillars of the Kings, _____________, as Aragorn reveals to him.
6. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(d) Dark force
7. Where do the scouts believe the Black Riders have gone since their horses drowned in the river?
(a) Minas Tirith
(c) Minas Mogol
(d) The Shire
8. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
9. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
10. Who tells the rest of the travelers that he is on his way to his homeland?
11. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
12. What has the Lady and her maidens made specially for the travelers in the Fellowship to wear?
13. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
14. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(c) Held captive
15. Lady Galadriel tells the travelers: "Your Quest stands upon the edge of a _______, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
2. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
3. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
4. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
5. Who used to rule the lands in the Mines of Moria, where the travelers must first go on their journey?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)