|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Boromir's homeland, according to the book?
(b) Minas Morgol
2. What is the plant the Strider uses to help slow the poison process in Frodo's wound?
3. Who climbs a tree in order to get the lay of the land before the travelers enter Lothlorien?
4. What are the only living creatures the travelers see as they set out on their path?
(d) Each other
5. The Elves warn the travelers that ________ are coming, but they can rest for the night with them.
(d) Black Riders
6. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
7. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
(a) Held captive
8. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
9. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
10. Who is NOT one of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring?
11. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
12. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
13. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
14. Who decides that he wants to head out with Frodo on the journey, even though it will be dangerous?
15. Who comes upon Frodo and tells him that he is concerned for Frodo's safety?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
2. Legolas tells the travelers they are _____________ so loudly that they could be easily shot in the dark.
3. Upon the hidden door are the words: "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, _________, and Enter."
4. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
5. Where is Frodo resting, according to the voice he first hears when he asks where he is?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)