|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(c) Precious stones
(d) Food and drink
2. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(d) The Witch King
3. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He's dead
(b) He is a king
(c) He is coming back soon
(d) He never really left
4. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
5. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
6. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(c) Stone flow
7. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
(c) icy grip
8. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
9. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
10. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
11. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
12. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
13. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Oak
(b) Old Man Willow
(c) Old Willow
(d) Old Man
14. To where is Frodo going to move in order to be safer than he is is in Bag End?
15. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
2. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
3. Tom's wife sees Frodo as an _________ friend by the light in his eyes and the gladness in his voice.
4. Which companion does Frodo sense a change in as they are walking along on their journey?
5. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)