|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
2. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
3. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
4. Whose field are the Hobbits going to cross through, even though Frodo is hesitant to do so?
5. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
6. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
(d) Piece of bread
7. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(a) The Hobbit's journey
(c) Dark Riders
(d) Gandalf's disappearance
8. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
9. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
10. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(c) High Elves
(d) Dark Riders
11. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
12. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
(a) Keep their secrets.
(d) Leave on time
13. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
14. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
15. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
2. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
3. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
4. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
5. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)