|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is rumored to have had many adventures with strange groups of people, even Dwarves and Elves?
2. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
3. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
(a) an arm
(b) a warg
(c) a badger
(d) an orc
4. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
5. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
6. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(a) The Baggins hobits
7. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
8. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
(a) Be turned
(b) Be recognized
(c) Be seen
(d) Be heard
9. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
10. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
11. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
12. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Black Fog
(d) Dark Greens
13. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
14. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
15. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
2. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
3. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
4. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
5. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)