|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
2. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
3. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
(d) Minas Tirith
4. What do the Hobbits take with them to arm themselves against danger?
(a) Small daggers
(c) Long swords
5. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
6. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
7. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
(b) An Elf
(c) Sam's dad
8. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
9. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
10. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
11. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Put it on
(b) Hit it with his wand
(c) Throw it into the fire
(d) Chant on it
12. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
13. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
14. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
(a) Her hair
(b) Her grace
(c) Her husband
(d) Her singing
15. What do the Hobbits hear that causes them to be less jovial as they walk?
(b) Glass breaking
(c) Moaning wail
(d) Nothing, absolutely nothing
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
2. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
3. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
4. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
5. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)