Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
2. Who has been heading West in large groups, leaving Middle Earth for some reason?
3. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(b) Food and drink
(d) Precious stones
4. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
(c) Pair of shoes
(d) Piece of jewelry
5. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
(a) Her singing
(b) Her grace
(c) Her husband
(d) Her hair
6. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
7. What do the Hobbits encounter once they have ridden over the hills and past the Downs?
(a) Stone fence
(d) Thick fog
8. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He is coming back soon
(b) He never really left
(c) He's dead
(d) He is a king
9. Tom's wife sees Frodo as an _________ friend by the light in his eyes and the gladness in his voice.
10. Merry has strange dreams of _____________ when he is sleeping at Tom Bombadil's house.
11. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
12. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
13. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
(b) Piece of bread
14. What does Frodo celebrate every year since the leaving of Bilbo?
(a) Bilbo's birthday
(b) Ring Day
(c) Gandalf's birthday
15. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Dark Greens
(c) Black Fog
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
2. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
3. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
4. What does Bilbo slip on his finger in order to play a trick on the party guests?
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)