|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He is a king
(b) He never really left
(c) He's dead
(d) He is coming back soon
2. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
3. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
(a) an arm
(b) an orc
(c) a warg
(d) a badger
4. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
5. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
(d) Minas Tirith
6. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(c) The Witch King
7. Where does Gandalf go to meet Bilbo after he has disappeared?
(b) Bag End
8. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
9. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
10. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(a) The Shire
(b) The other Hobbits
(c) His food untouched
11. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(a) Use their swords
(d) Light a fire
12. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
13. Who is NOT as the birthday party for Frodo on his 50th birthday?
14. What do the Hobbits encounter once they have ridden over the hills and past the Downs?
(a) Stone fence
(c) Thick fog
15. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) Key to Bag End
(b) A piece of gold
(c) A plant
(d) The ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
2. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
3. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
4. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
5. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)