|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(d) The Baggins hobits
2. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
3. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(a) Use their swords
(b) Light a fire
4. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(c) Put on the ring
6. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
(a) Dancing Bull
(d) Prancing Pony
7. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
8. What do Sam, Merry, and Pippin have on their heads as Frodo turns to face them?
9. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
10. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
(a) an orc
(b) a badger
(c) an arm
(d) a warg
11. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
(a) Be heard
(b) Be seen
(c) Be recognized
(d) Be turned
12. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
13. How old is Bilbo Baggins going to be on his birthday that he's about to celebrate?
14. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
15. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
2. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
3. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
4. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
5. Who is the friend of Fatty Bolger who helps to prepare Frodo's new home for him before he arrives?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)