|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
(a) Dancing Bull
(c) Prancing Pony
2. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
3. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(a) The Shire
(b) The other Hobbits
(d) His food untouched
4. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
(a) Be heard
(b) Be recognized
(c) Be seen
(d) Be turned
5. What do the Hobbits hear that causes them to be less jovial as they walk?
(a) Glass breaking
(b) Nothing, absolutely nothing
(c) Moaning wail
6. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
7. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(c) Bag End
8. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
9. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
(b) Police officer
(c) No one
10. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
(a) The trees
(b) Their cries
(d) A dream
11. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man
(b) Old Man Willow
(c) Old Willow
(d) Old Man Oak
12. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
13. Gandalf reminds Frodo he must not use ________ for any reason.
(b) The Ring
(c) The sword
(d) Bilbo's book
14. Who is NOT as the birthday party for Frodo on his 50th birthday?
15. Who has been heading West in large groups, leaving Middle Earth for some reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
2. What is the name of Tom's wife, the woman who is sitting in a large chair when the Hobbits arrive?
3. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)