|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
2. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
(a) Minas Tirith
3. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
(d) Tom Bombadil
4. What does Frodo quickly and easily hand over to Tom without hesitation?
(a) His sword
(b) His map
(c) A cloak
(d) The Ring
5. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
6. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(a) The other Hobbits
(b) The Shire
(d) His food untouched
7. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
8. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(a) High Elves
(d) Dark Riders
9. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Black Fog
(c) Dark Greens
10. What color is the dress of the woman with the long golden hair in Tom's house?
11. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
12. What do the Hobbits encounter once they have ridden over the hills and past the Downs?
(b) Stone fence
(d) Thick fog
13. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
(d) icy grip
14. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(a) Bag End
15. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
Short Answer Questions
1. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
2. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
3. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
4. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)