|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
(a) Be turned
(b) Be heard
(c) Be seen
(d) Be recognized
2. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
3. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
4. What is the name of Tom's wife, the woman who is sitting in a large chair when the Hobbits arrive?
(b) Golden Girl
5. Who is rumored to have had many adventures with strange groups of people, even Dwarves and Elves?
6. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
7. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
8. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
9. Who has been heading West in large groups, leaving Middle Earth for some reason?
10. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
11. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
12. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
13. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
14. What does Frodo quickly and easily hand over to Tom without hesitation?
(a) His sword
(b) The Ring
(c) His map
(d) A cloak
15. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
2. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
3. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
4. Which companion does Frodo sense a change in as they are walking along on their journey?
5. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)