|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Dark Greens
(c) Black Fog
2. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
(a) Keep their secrets.
(b) Leave on time
3. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
4. Who says that he can see ahead and understands the danger but that he knows he can not turn back from the task?
5. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
6. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) A plant
(b) A piece of gold
(c) Key to Bag End
(d) The ring
7. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
8. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
9. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
10. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
11. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(b) The Witch King
12. What is the job title of Gaffer Gamgee, father of Sam Gamgee?
13. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
14. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
15. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
2. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
3. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
4. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
5. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)