|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
2. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(b) High Elves
(c) Dark Riders
3. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) River Bed
(b) Winding Road
(c) Old Forest
(d) Green Path
4. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
5. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
6. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
7. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) Key to Bag End
(b) The ring
(c) A piece of gold
(d) A plant
8. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(d) Put on the ring
9. Tom tells the Hobbits he is the oldest one there and that he can remember the first ______________.
10. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
11. Who told Frodo he should always bring his trusted friends with him on his journey?
12. Tom's wife sees Frodo as an _________ friend by the light in his eyes and the gladness in his voice.
13. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Hit it with his wand
(b) Put it on
(c) Throw it into the fire
(d) Chant on it
14. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
15. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He is coming back soon
(b) He never really left
(c) He is a king
(d) He's dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo slip on his finger in order to play a trick on the party guests?
2. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
3. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
4. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
5. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)