|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
2. How many guests are invited to the party for Frodo and for Bilbo?
3. What is the job title of Gaffer Gamgee, father of Sam Gamgee?
4. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
5. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
6. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
7. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
8. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
9. What do Sam, Merry, and Pippin have on their heads as Frodo turns to face them?
10. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
11. Where does Gandalf go to meet Bilbo after he has disappeared?
(b) Bag End
12. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
13. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
(b) Merry Brandybuck
(c) Sam Gamgee
(d) Perrigrin Took
14. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
15. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(c) Stone flow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
2. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
3. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
4. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
5. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)