|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
2. Who did Gandalf want to go to for advice, though something always stopped him from doing so?
3. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(c) Use their swords
(d) Light a fire
4. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
5. Who is rumored to have had many adventures with strange groups of people, even Dwarves and Elves?
6. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
7. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
8. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(b) The Baggins hobits
9. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(a) Food and drink
(d) Precious stones
10. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
(c) Police officer
(d) No one
11. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
12. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(b) His food untouched
(c) The other Hobbits
(d) The Shire
13. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
14. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
15. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(c) Dark Greens
(d) Black Fog
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam, Merry, and Pippin have on their heads as Frodo turns to face them?
2. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
3. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
4. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
5. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)