|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
2. What color is the dress of the woman with the long golden hair in Tom's house?
3. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
4. Who sees a black shadow first as the Hobbits are traveling across the river?
5. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
6. What does Frodo celebrate every year since the leaving of Bilbo?
(a) Ring Day
(b) Gandalf's birthday
(c) Bilbo's birthday
7. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
8. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
9. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
10. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
11. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
12. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
13. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
14. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(d) The Baggins hobits
15. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(c) Stone flow
Short Answer Questions
1. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
2. Who told Frodo he should always bring his trusted friends with him on his journey?
3. Whose field are the Hobbits going to cross through, even though Frodo is hesitant to do so?
4. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
5. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)