|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
2. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
3. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
(a) Her grace
(b) Her husband
(c) Her singing
(d) Her hair
4. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
5. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
6. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
(c) Keep their secrets.
(d) Leave on time
7. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(c) Light a fire
(d) Use their swords
8. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(a) Bag End
9. Whose field are the Hobbits going to cross through, even though Frodo is hesitant to do so?
10. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
11. What does Frodo quickly and easily hand over to Tom without hesitation?
(a) His map
(b) His sword
(c) The Ring
(d) A cloak
12. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
13. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
14. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
(a) Perrigrin Took
(b) Sam Gamgee
(c) Merry Brandybuck
15. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
2. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
3. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
4. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
5. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)