|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
2. What is another name for the Wanderers about whom the Hobbits have begun to hear?
3. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
4. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
5. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
6. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Willow
(b) Old Man Willow
(c) Old Man
(d) Old Man Oak
7. Who is the friend of Fatty Bolger who helps to prepare Frodo's new home for him before he arrives?
8. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(b) Dark Greens
(d) Black Fog
9. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
10. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
11. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
12. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(b) The Witch King
13. Goldberry also tells Frodo that the travelers must keep to their ___________ as they are traveling.
14. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
15. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
2. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
3. Who is NOT as the birthday party for Frodo on his 50th birthday?
4. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
5. To where is Frodo going to move in order to be safer than he is is in Bag End?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)