|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
2. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Oak
(b) Old Man
(c) Old Man Willow
(d) Old Willow
3. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
4. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(a) High Elves
(b) Dark Riders
5. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Black Fog
(b) Dark Greens
6. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He's dead
(b) He never really left
(c) He is a king
(d) He is coming back soon
7. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
8. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
(c) icy grip
9. Which of the Hobbits decides to go outside for some air while the others stay in the common room?
10. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
11. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
12. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
13. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
14. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
15. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
(b) Dancing Bull
(d) Prancing Pony
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT as the birthday party for Frodo on his 50th birthday?
2. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
3. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
4. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
5. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)