|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
(a) Prancing Pony
(c) Dancing Bull
2. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(a) Bag End
3. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
4. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
5. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
6. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
7. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(c) Food and drink
(d) Precious stones
8. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
9. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
10. Who is rumored to have had many adventures with strange groups of people, even Dwarves and Elves?
11. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
12. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
(a) an orc
(b) a warg
(c) an arm
(d) a badger
13. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
14. What color is the dress of the woman with the long golden hair in Tom's house?
15. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
2. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
3. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)