|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
2. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
3. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
4. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Put it on
(b) Throw it into the fire
(c) Hit it with his wand
(d) Chant on it
5. Who is NOT as the birthday party for Frodo on his 50th birthday?
6. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
7. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(a) The Hobbit's journey
(c) Dark Riders
(d) Gandalf's disappearance
8. What is the job title of Gaffer Gamgee, father of Sam Gamgee?
9. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(a) Food and drink
(b) Precious stones
10. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
11. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(b) Dark Riders
(c) High Elves
12. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(c) Bag End
13. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
(a) Sam's dad
(d) An Elf
14. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) Old Forest
(b) Green Path
(c) Winding Road
(d) River Bed
15. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
2. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
3. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
4. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
5. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)