|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Hobbits take with them to arm themselves against danger?
(a) Long swords
(c) Small daggers
2. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
3. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
(a) a badger
(b) a warg
(c) an orc
(d) an arm
4. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
(c) Minas Tirith
5. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
6. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
7. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Oak
(b) Old Willow
(c) Old Man Willow
(d) Old Man
8. What does Bilbo slip on his finger in order to play a trick on the party guests?
(c) A piece of string
(d) The Ring
9. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) A piece of gold
(b) Key to Bag End
(c) A plant
(d) The ring
10. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
11. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He is coming back soon
(b) He is a king
(c) He's dead
(d) He never really left
12. What is Frodo imprisoned in when he finally wakes up from being passed out?
(b) Spider Cave
(c) Weathertop Castle
(d) Barrow-Wights Cave
13. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
14. Who enters the room with Butterbur after there is a knock on the door of the Hobbits' room?
15. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
2. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
3. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
4. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
5. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)