|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Oak
(b) Old Willow
(c) Old Man Willow
(d) Old Man
2. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
3. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
4. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
5. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
6. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
7. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
(a) Sam's dad
(d) An Elf
8. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
9. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
10. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
11. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
12. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
(b) Leave on time
(d) Keep their secrets.
13. What does Frodo celebrate every year since the leaving of Bilbo?
(a) Ring Day
(c) Gandalf's birthday
(d) Bilbo's birthday
14. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
15. What is the job title of Gaffer Gamgee, father of Sam Gamgee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
2. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
3. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
4. Who were the protectors of the Hobbits for an evening?
5. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)