|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
(a) The other Hobbits
(b) The Shire
(d) His food untouched
2. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
(d) Tom Bombadil
3. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
4. How old is Bilbo Baggins going to be on his birthday that he's about to celebrate?
5. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
6. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
7. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
8. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(c) Precious stones
(d) Food and drink
9. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(b) The Baggins hobits
10. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
11. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
12. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
(a) an orc
(b) an arm
(c) a warg
(d) a badger
13. Who is coming with Biblo as he heads out on his journey?
14. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
15. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
2. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
3. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
4. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
5. What does Frodo compliment when talking to Tom Bombadil's wife?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)