|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
2. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
(a) Merry Brandybuck
(b) Sam Gamgee
(c) Perrigrin Took
3. What does Frodo celebrate every year since the leaving of Bilbo?
(a) Bilbo's birthday
(b) Gandalf's birthday
(c) Ring Day
4. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
5. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
6. What is the job title of Gaffer Gamgee, father of Sam Gamgee?
7. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
8. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
(a) Minas Tirith
9. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
10. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
11. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
12. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
13. What do Sam, Merry, and Pippin have on their heads as Frodo turns to face them?
14. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
15. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
2. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
3. What is Frodo imprisoned in when he finally wakes up from being passed out?
4. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
5. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)