|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
2. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
3. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Willow
(b) Old Man Oak
(c) Old Man
(d) Old Man Willow
4. Who enters the room with Butterbur after there is a knock on the door of the Hobbits' room?
5. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(c) Dark force
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
3. Legolas was able to kill the _____________, which confuses others in the Fellowship.
4. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
5. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)