|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
2. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
(a) The Witch King
3. Gandalf reminds Frodo he must not use ________ for any reason.
(a) The sword
(b) Bilbo's book
(d) The Ring
4. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
5. What is dropped down from the trees for the travelers in order to allow them to enter into Lothlorien?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction does Goldberry tell the Hobbits to travel as they are leaving on their journey?
2. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
3. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
4. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
5. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)