|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Gandalf tells Frodo that Rangers are men of the Race of __________ from the West.
3. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(b) Big Men
4. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
(a) An Elf
(d) Sam's dad
5. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
2. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
3. Who told Frodo he should always bring his trusted friends with him on his journey?
4. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
5. How many Dark Riders end up chasing Frodo as he makes his way to Rivendell?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)