|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
2. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(a) Gandalf's disappearance
(c) Dark Riders
(d) The Hobbit's journey
3. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Throw it into the fire
(b) Chant on it
(c) Hit it with his wand
(d) Put it on
4. ____________ tricked the Elven Smiths into teaching him their secrets, according to Elrond.
(c) The Witch King
5. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
2. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
3. Who were the protectors of the Hobbits for an evening?
4. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
5. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)