|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
2. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
3. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) Key to Bag End
(b) The ring
(c) A piece of gold
(d) A plant
4. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
5. What does Strider find on the bridge that he takes to be a good sign of their progress on the journey?
(a) Green beryl
(b) Orc blood
Short Answer Questions
1. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
2. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
3. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
4. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
5. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)