|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam advises Frodo not to take any aid from Strider because he comes from the __________.
2. What is the name of the Inn where the Hobbits decide to stay, even though Wanderers may be there?
(a) Dancing Bull
(b) Prancing Pony
3. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
4. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Chant on it
(b) Hit it with his wand
(c) Put it on
(d) Throw it into the fire
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
(a) Put on the ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
2. Who questions the Hobbits about the purpose of their trip into the town?
3. Whose field are the Hobbits going to cross through, even though Frodo is hesitant to do so?
4. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
5. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)