|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
2. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(a) High Elves
(b) Dark Riders
3. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
4. Which companion does Frodo sense a change in as they are walking along on their journey?
5. Tom's wife sees Frodo as an _________ friend by the light in his eyes and the gladness in his voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
2. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
3. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)