|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
(a) A dream
(b) The trees
(c) Their cries
2. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(b) Dark Riders
(d) High Elves
3. How many men have fallen under Sauron's control, causing them to be Ringwraiths?
4. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(a) Bag End
5. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
2. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
3. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
4. In what town do Frodo, Merry, Sam, and Pippin arrive at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)