|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
2. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(a) The Baggins hobits
3. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
4. What kind of meal is being prepared for the Hobbits by Merry and Fatty?
5. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Willow
(b) Old Willow
(c) Old Man
(d) Old Man Oak
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
2. Which companion does Frodo sense a change in as they are walking along on their journey?
3. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
4. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
5. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)