|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
2. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Throw it into the fire
(b) Chant on it
(c) Hit it with his wand
(d) Put it on
3. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) Old Forest
(b) Green Path
(c) Winding Road
(d) River Bed
4. Who were the protectors of the Hobbits for an evening?
5. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the goldsmiths who made the rings of power in the first place?
2. What will Gandalf be providing the Baggins' party when he comes into Hobbiton?
3. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
4. What does Frodo see walking on its fingers towards the hilt of a sword laying across the necks of Frodo's friends?
5. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)