|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frodo decides to sell Bag End to ____________ when he moves away from his home.
(a) Sam Gamgee
(c) Perrigrin Took
(d) Merry Brandybuck
2. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
(a) A dream
(b) Their cries
(d) The trees
3. What color is the dress of the woman with the long golden hair in Tom's house?
4. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
5. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(c) Black Fog
(d) Dark Greens
Short Answer Questions
1. Bilbo realized the ring had many strange habits, growing smaller and larger at will and seemed to have its own _______.
2. What do the Hobbits encounter once they have ridden over the hills and past the Downs?
3. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
4. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
5. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)