|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells the Hobbits that the heart of Old Man Willow is _____________.
2. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(d) The Baggins hobits
3. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
4. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
5. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
2. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
3. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
4. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
5. Where does Gandalf go to meet Bilbo after he has disappeared?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)