|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
(b) The Baggins hobits
2. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
3. How old is Frodo going to be on his birthday which he shares with Bilbo?
4. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
5. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that he can see ahead and understands the danger but that he knows he can not turn back from the task?
2. Who told Frodo he should always bring his trusted friends with him on his journey?
3. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
4. Frodo's new home was chosen because it can not ______________ from the road.
5. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)