|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
(b) The straight path
(c) A pale golden fluid
(d) Tom Bombadil
2. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Put it on
(b) Chant on it
(c) Throw it into the fire
(d) Hit it with his wand
3. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
4. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
5. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(d) Stone flow
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom's wife sees Frodo as an _________ friend by the light in his eyes and the gladness in his voice.
2. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
3. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
4. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
5. Who is NOT one of the people that Frodo thought knew about the journey of the ring?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)