|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
2. Who is rumored to have had many adventures with strange groups of people, even Dwarves and Elves?
3. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
4. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
(c) An Elf
(d) Sam's dad
5. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
2. What does Frodo quickly and easily hand over to Tom without hesitation?
3. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
4. An __________________ grabs Frodo's arm as he passes out as he calls for his friends.
5. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)