|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Hobbits are sitting around the campfire, who do they realize is coming towards them in high numbers?
(a) Dark Riders
(b) High Elves
2. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
3. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
4. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) Winding Road
(b) River Bed
(c) Green Path
(d) Old Forest
5. Tom's wife tells the Hobbits that she is the daughter of the _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
2. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
3. What is filling the earthenware vessels that are scattered around the feet of Tom's wife?
4. Which companion does Frodo sense a change in as they are walking along on their journey?
5. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)