|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
(b) Food and drink
(d) Precious stones
2. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Chant on it
(b) Throw it into the fire
(c) Hit it with his wand
(d) Put it on
3. What do the Hobbits hear that causes them to be less jovial as they walk?
(a) Nothing, absolutely nothing
(b) Glass breaking
(c) Moaning wail
4. Who is NOT as the birthday party for Frodo on his 50th birthday?
5. Gandalf reminds Frodo he must not use ________ for any reason.
(a) The sword
(b) Bilbo's book
(d) The Ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
2. What is Pippin's relation to Frodo, according to the story?
3. Who is worried about Gandalf's lateness?
4. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
5. Who told Frodo he should always bring his trusted friends with him on his journey?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)