|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(a) Dark Riders
(b) The Hobbit's journey
(d) Gandalf's disappearance
2. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) The ring
(b) A plant
(c) A piece of gold
(d) Key to Bag End
3. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Hit it with his wand
(b) Put it on
(c) Chant on it
(d) Throw it into the fire
4. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
5. What is Bilbo trying to finish when he goes on this last journey away from Hobbiton?
(a) Pair of shoes
(c) Piece of jewelry
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
2. Frodo tries to talk Sam out of coming with him, saying that the journey is ____________.
3. How old is Bilbo Baggins going to be on his birthday that he's about to celebrate?
4. Which Hobbit is a great friend of the Farmer whose crops they cut through on their journey?
5. Where does Gandalf instruct Bilbo to put the ring which clearly has a hold over him?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)