|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Hit it with his wand
(b) Put it on
(c) Chant on it
(d) Throw it into the fire
2. What does Bilbo plan to see again once he is out on his journey?
3. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
4. What do the Hobbits hear that causes them to be less jovial as they walk?
(a) Moaning wail
(b) Glass breaking
(c) Nothing, absolutely nothing
5. Gandalf reminds Frodo he must not use ________ for any reason.
(b) Bilbo's book
(c) The Ring
(d) The sword
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
2. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
3. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
4. Frodo believes he was born to have _____________ in his life, just like Bilbo.
5. What does Frodo have a strong urge to do when the Dark Rider comes close?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)