|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ has been actively seeking the One Ring, according to Gandalf.
2. What do most people in Hobbiton now think has happened to Bilbo?
(a) He is a king
(b) He is coming back soon
(c) He's dead
(d) He never really left
3. What does Tom say brought him to Frodo and the others in their time of need?
(a) The trees
(b) A dream
(d) Their cries
4. The ring that Frodo has in his possession is the __________ ring, the one ring to rule them all.
5. Frodo tells Gandalf he did not know that ______________, or men, could be so great.
(c) Big Men
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Great Rings were made, according to Gandalf's research over the years?
2. Frodo dreams of a sea and of a large ___________ tower that he has to climb for some reason.
3. Who meets up with the Hobbits and with Strider, coming off a white horse and with a sound of bells?
4. Before the Fellowship can leave, __________ must have the sword re-forged and made whole again.
5. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)