|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Ranger in the back who rarely talks to anyone when he is at the Inn?
2. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Put it on
(b) Hit it with his wand
(c) Chant on it
(d) Throw it into the fire
3. What is the last name that Frodo gives for himself when asked by the innkeeper?
4. What does Sam run to give his father before they depart on their journey?
(a) A plant
(b) Key to Bag End
(c) A piece of gold
(d) The ring
5. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(b) Dark Riders
(c) Gandalf's disappearance
(d) The Hobbit's journey
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hobbits hear that causes them to be less jovial as they walk?
2. Lothlorien is the fairest of all the ____________ of the Elves, according to Legolas.
3. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
4. Who offers Frodo some good advice, but there will be a price to pay?
5. ___________ says that the Ring belongs to no one and that it has been decided by fate that Frodo carry it.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)