|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frodo imprisoned in when he finally wakes up from being passed out?
(a) Barrow-Wights Cave
(c) Weathertop Castle
(d) Spider Cave
2. What do the Hobbits take with them to arm themselves against danger?
(c) Long swords
(d) Small daggers
3. Who tells the others at the council that his people have been holding back the enemy and keeping them at bay?
4. What does Frodo quickly and easily hand over to Tom without hesitation?
(a) His sword
(b) His map
(c) A cloak
(d) The Ring
5. The Hobbits are so absorbed in the storytelling of Tom Bombadil that they forget to ___________.
(c) Leave on time
(d) Keep their secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
2. Who is the dark stranger asking Sam's father about as the Hobbits overhear the conversation?
3. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
4. The Elves warn the travelers that ________ are coming, but they can rest for the night with them.
5. Who turns back on the journey at first as he has forgotten to say goodbye to Goldberry?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)