|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Hobbits to feel their spirits renewed as they continue on to Crickhollow?
(a) A pale golden fluid
(b) The straight path
(d) Tom Bombadil
2. Who were the protectors of the Hobbits for an evening?
3. Who has been heading West in large groups, leaving Middle Earth for some reason?
4. What does Gandalf do to the ring to see if it is indeed the most powerful ring created?
(a) Chant on it
(b) Hit it with his wand
(c) Throw it into the fire
(d) Put it on
5. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
(a) Winding Road
(b) River Bed
(c) Old Forest
(d) Green Path
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Elves leave behind for the Hobbits when they woke up?
2. Sam feels the reasons for him joining Frodo are more important than seeing ___________ and having adventures.
3. What do the Hobbits hear that causes them to be less jovial as they walk?
4. Who sees a black shadow first as the Hobbits are traveling across the river?
5. __________ has prepared six ponies, food, drink, and clothing for the journey and won't take no for an answer.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)