|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(b) Gandalf's disappearance
(c) Dark Riders
(d) The Hobbit's journey
2. Strider tells the Hobbits they will never make it to __________ on their own.
(d) Minas Tirith
3. Who sees a black shadow first as the Hobbits are traveling across the river?
4. Whose appearance causes the Hobbits to all be safe once more, leaving Frodo relieved?
5. Who taught Frodo the verse that he chants as he is trying to save his friends and himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elves do not know the exact reason Frodo is leaving ___________.
2. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
3. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
4. The other Hobbits already know about the ___________ that Frodo has.
5. When the Hobbits hear hoofbeats coming, who do they think it is?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)