|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news alarms the Elves so much that they decide to stay with Frodo and the others?
(a) The Hobbit's journey
(b) Gandalf's disappearance
(c) Dark Riders
2. Where are the Hobbits headed when they cross the Brandywine River?
(a) Bag End
3. Strider reveals to Frodo that he heard ___________ tell his friends to call him by a different name.
4. Frodo asks Merry if he has ever heard of _________ swimming in the Brandywine.
5. Who becomes separated from the rest of the group as they begin to make their way out of the Downs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Frodo hear when he wakes up in a comfortable bed?
2. ___________ chastises Frodo and tells him he is lucky to be alive considering all the foolish things he has done over the course of the journey.
3. What path will the Hobbits take in order to avoid the Black Riders?
4. Who will stay at Frodo's house to make sure no one knows where they are or that the house falls into disrepair?
5. Gandalf will not tell Frodo where he has been, only that he has been ______________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)