|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
2. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
3. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Black Fog
(b) Dark Greens
4. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(a) Use their swords
(b) Light a fire
5. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Willow
(b) Old Man
(c) Old Willow
(d) Old Man Oak
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
2. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
3. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)