|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) It is pushed by an orc
(b) A falling rock
(c) The bridge breaks
(d) Gandalf pushes it
2. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
3. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
4. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(b) Black Fog
(d) Dark Greens
5. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Strider taking the Hobbits, though he takes a slightly different path than they start out taking?
2. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
3. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
4. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
5. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)