|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
2. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
3. Where is Strider taking the Hobbits, though he takes a slightly different path than they start out taking?
(a) Minas Morgol
(b) The Shire
4. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
5. Gimli realizes the room the travelers are in is the Chamber of ___________.
(a) The King
(b) The Queen
(c) His Father
Short Answer Questions
1. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
2. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
3. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
4. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
5. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)