|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
2. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) A falling rock
(b) The bridge breaks
(c) It is pushed by an orc
(d) Gandalf pushes it
3. Where is Strider taking the Hobbits, though he takes a slightly different path than they start out taking?
(a) Minas Morgol
(b) The Shire
4. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(a) Stone flow
5. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(b) Dark force
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
2. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
3. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
4. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
5. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)