|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
2. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
3. Where is Strider taking the Hobbits, though he takes a slightly different path than they start out taking?
(b) The Shire
(c) Minas Morgol
4. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
5. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(a) Use their swords
(d) Light a fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
2. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
3. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
4. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
5. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)