|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book Gandalf reads from relates the history of the fall of the Dwarves to the __________.
2. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
(a) Black Fog
(b) Dark Greens
3. Legolas spots an evil spirit, or a ____________, that is coming up behind the orcs on the bridge.
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
2. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
3. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
4. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
5. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)