|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
2. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
(a) Gandalf pushes it
(b) It is pushed by an orc
(c) A falling rock
(d) The bridge breaks
3. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Oak
(b) Old Man Willow
(c) Old Man
(d) Old Willow
4. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(a) Light a fire
(d) Use their swords
5. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
(c) Dark force
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
2. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
3. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
4. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
5. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)