|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(a) Stone flow
2. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
3. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
(a) The Witch King
4. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
5. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
2. When the Hobbits and Strider awake, they find the beds have been _______________, though they did not sleep in them.
3. Gandalf tries to keep the orcs back with spells and incantations, but a ________________ stops him.
4. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
5. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)