|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo hear in the distance as they cry for help for their friends?
2. What path do the Hobbits take, even though they have no idea how far down the River they might be?
(b) Stone flow
3. The group begins to realize that the __________ is being chosen for them, so they follow it.
4. What do Sam and Frodo do in order to try to get the tree to release Merry and Pippin?
(b) Use their swords
(d) Light a fire
5. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
(a) Old Man Oak
(b) Old Man Willow
(c) Old Willow
(d) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the evil spirit to fall into the fire pit below the steps and the bridge?
2. Which of the travelers heads back to Crickhollow with the pony, not continuing on the journey?
3. The Riders decide to flee the area because they realize ___________ is not there.
4. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
5. What does Sam throw at the person who taunts them about keeping company with Strider?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)