|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who yells at the trees to let the group through as they are traveling?
2. Who is the man that rescues the Hobbits from the scary adventure with the tree?
(a) Tom Bombadil
3. Merry and Pippin decide to lie down at the foot of a large ___________ tree when they become sleepy.
4. Who bangs on Frodo's door in order to wake him up before they head on their journey?
5. What is the name of the spy for the Black Riders who sells the Hobbits and Strider a sickly pony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes off to cool his feet in the river, nearly drowning when he is pulled in by a root?
2. What does the man call the tree that is holding Merry and Pippin?
3. Who runs up and down the streets, screaming about the Black Riders and their presence?
4. What is the dangerous place the Hobbits see that tells them that they have nearly reached the edge of the Old Forest?
5. What has saved Frodo from death when he was hit by the large cave troll?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)