Book 1: Chapter 1
* Bilbo Baggins is planning his 111th birthday party at the Shire.
* Bilbo is planning to trick the guests - only he, Gandalf, and Frodo know about it.
* Bilbo is leaving the Shire to spend his days in the Wild Country to finish his book.
* Gandalf tells Bilbo to leave his ring with Frodo.
* Gandalf tells Frodo to keep the ring a secret.
Book 1: Chapter 2
* Frodo continues to honor Bilbo's birthday and is also not aging.
* Gandalf tells Frodo what he has learned of the ring.
* Gandalf throws the ring into the fire to test it.
* Gandalf speaks of finding Gollum with the help of Aragorn.
* Galdalf says the ring must be destroyed in Mount Doom.
* Frodo leaves the Shire with his friend Sam Gamgee.
Book 1: Chapter 3
* Gandalf is pushing Frodo to leave.
* The Elves come to talk to Frodo.
* Pippin tells them of the dark riders...
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)