Book 1: Chapter 1
• Bilbo Baggins is planning his 111th birthday party at the Shire.
• Bilbo is planning to trick the guests - only he, Gandalf, and Frodo know about it.
• Bilbo is leaving the Shire to spend his days in the Wild Country to finish his book.
• Gandalf tells Bilbo to leave his ring with Frodo.
• Gandalf tells Frodo to keep the ring a secret.
Book 1: Chapter 2
• Frodo continues to honor Bilbo's birthday and is also not aging.
• Gandalf tells Frodo what he has learned of the ring.
• Gandalf throws the ring into the fire to test it.
• Gandalf speaks of finding Gollum with the help of Aragorn.
• Galdalf says the ring must be destroyed in Mount Doom.
• Frodo leaves the Shire with his friend Sam Gamgee.
Book 1: Chapter 3
• Gandalf is pushing Frodo to leave.
• The Elves come to talk to Frodo.
• Pippin tells them of the dark riders...
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)