|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Violet's father have to save for her to go to the moon?
2. What does Violet's father have?
3. What is Violet reading as Titus chats to her?
4. What does Titus wish Violet would be?
5. What does Violet hope she forgets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens during Spin the Bottle.
2. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
3. Explain what happens when Violet sends the advertisements she received from her shopping trip to Titus.
4. What does Violet say about her idea of what living life is?
5. Explain why Loga and Calista are mean to Violet in 'The Real Thing'.
6. Explain what Quendy means when she chastises Titus in '86.5%'
7. List as many items as you can from Violet's 'to do' list.
8. What does Violet chat to Titus about her family, and their feeds?
9. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
10. What does Violet tell Titus in the upcar on the way to her house, and why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, author M.T. Anderson makes reference to many issues currently facing the world, including a reliance on technology, corporate ownership of nearly everything, a dumbing down of society, environmental issues, and others. Choose one of the issues M.T. Anderson discusses in the novel that affects the modern world. What is the issue? How does this issue appear in our own time? How is it portrayed in the novel? What do you think Anderson is trying to say about this issue?
Essay Topic 2
The evil of corporations is another theme that runs throughout the novel. Why are corporations so dangerous in the novel? What do they control? How is information gathered from the feed controlled and distributed? What is it used for? What consequences, both direct and indirect, is corporate power responsible for in the book? What environmental disasters does corporate America contribute to? How does this cause the downfall of the U.S. in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In "Feed", many of the teens completely lose their individuality as the feed pushes them to conform to a specific marketing profile. This is symbolized at the end of the novel, when hipsters are hit with Nostalgic Feedback. Explain what Nostalgic Feedback is, and what it does. Next, explain how people like Quendy and Loga completely lose their own identities when they conform to the marketing concept. Finally, explain Violet's point, that there is a spiral between people and marketers that makes everything and everyone more basic and simple. What does she mean by this?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)