Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet begin researching?
2. What does Titus dream about?
3. What does Titus finally do in 'Observe the Remarkable Verdure'?
4. What does Titus 'dream' about in 'Nudging Again'?
5. What happens to Violet at the end of 'Our Duty to the Party'?
Violet and Quendy are two of the females in the novel, and are very different from one another. Their differences explain much about the characters, and their lives in the novel. Choose one of the following topics to discuss.
1) Compare and contrast Violet and Quendy. How are they the same? How are they different? Include examples from the book.
2) Why do you think Quendy and Violet are so drastically different from one another? Be sure to include information from the book.
"Feed" has been labeled by some as an ironic satire. How does the author use satire to make points in the novel? How does he use irony? Do you feel this method is successful, in this case? Why or why not? Overall, what do you think Anderson is saying about our relationship to technology, media, and consumerism? Does his use of satire allow this point to be made convincingly? Why or why not?
Violet's father feels very differently about the world than other individuals. Discuss Violet's father. Why is he different than other parents? What is his primary goal? Why does he home school Violet? What effect does this have on her? What is his passion? Why does he choose to speak as he does? Who does he blame at the end of the novel for the death of his daughter, and why?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)