Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet begin researching?
2. What does Titus dream about?
3. What does Titus finally do in 'Observe the Remarkable Verdure'?
4. What does Titus 'dream' about in 'Nudging Again'?
5. What happens to Violet at the end of 'Our Duty to the Party'?
Essay Topic 1
Another strong theme in the novel is the marketing of products to teenagers. Throughout the novel, the kids receive banner advertisements for a number of products, and even spend an entire chapter trying to win free Coke. Choose three examples of marketing in the novel, and discuss who is being marketed to, the product, and why that particular audience was chosen in the book. Also, do you think the extreme amount of marketing done in the novel has an affect on the kids? What is it?
Essay Topic 2
Violet and Quendy are two of the females in the novel, and are very different from one another. Their differences explain much about the characters, and their lives in the novel. Choose one of the following topics to discuss.
1) Compare and contrast Violet and Quendy. How are they the same? How are they different? Include examples from the book.
2) Why do you think Quendy and Violet are so drastically different from one another? Be sure to include information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is used throughout the novel. Locate four examples of foreshadowing, and discuss how they are used to indicate things to come. Be sure to explain not only the situation, but also how the author uses foreshadowing to add dramatic tension and anticipation.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)