|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet's father no longer do?
2. What does Titus think Violet might be talking about as she mentions things she wants to do?
3. What does Titus dream about?
4. Why does Titus get angry with his father?
5. What does the nurse say about Violet in this hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what has happened to Jefferson Park, and why Violet and Titus' father argue about this.
2. Describe Violet's father.
3. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
4. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
5. Describe the sea as Titus and Violet view it, and what is shows about the world Titus lives in.
6. Describe the dilemma Titus experiences as he tries to buy an upcar.
7. Explain what Violet tells Titus about Central America, and what he hears on the radio.
8. Describe what Quendy has done to her body, and why.
9. Describe Titus and Violet's fight about the state of America, and why it made Titus feel stupid.
10. Describe what Titus is experiencing at the end of 'A Day in the Country'.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, there are several examples of teenage relationships. Choose one of the following pairs, and analyze the relationship. Is it a friendship, or a romance, or both? What is the relationship based on? Is it mutual, or primarily one sided? Do you think it is indicative of modern teenage relationship? Why or why not?
1. Violet and Titus.
2. Titus and Quendy
3. Titus and Link
4. Link and Calista
Essay Topic 2
In "Feed", many of the teens completely lose their individuality as the feed pushes them to conform to a specific marketing profile. This is symbolized at the end of the novel, when hipsters are hit with Nostalgic Feedback. Explain what Nostalgic Feedback is, and what it does. Next, explain how people like Quendy and Loga completely lose their own identities when they conform to the marketing concept. Finally, explain Violet's point, that there is a spiral between people and marketers that makes everything and everyone more basic and simple. What does she mean by this?
Essay Topic 3
One of the background themes in the novel is the difference in social class between Violet and Titus. Describe the social class of each character, and compare and contrast them. What are similarities and differences? How do the social class differences affect their relationship? Does social class play a role in Violet's death? How?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)