|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are the teens playing at the party?
2. What could happen to Violet if her software malfunctions badly enough?
3. What does Violet pretend she is buying for Titus?
4. What does Titus think Violet might be talking about as she mentions things she wants to do?
5. Why is Link called 'Link'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Titus and Violet's fight about the state of America, and why it made Titus feel stupid.
2. Describe Titus' dream in 'Nudging Again'?
3. Explain what has happened to Jefferson Park, and why Violet and Titus' father argue about this.
4. Explain the discomfort between Titus and Violet as they are lying on the grass outside her home.
5. List as many items as you can from Violet's 'to do' list.
6. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
7. What does Violet say about her idea of what living life is?
8. Explain why Violet wants to try to resist the feed.
9. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
10. Explain what happens when Violet sends the advertisements she received from her shopping trip to Titus.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, there are several examples of teenage relationships. Choose one of the following pairs, and analyze the relationship. Is it a friendship, or a romance, or both? What is the relationship based on? Is it mutual, or primarily one sided? Do you think it is indicative of modern teenage relationship? Why or why not?
1. Violet and Titus.
2. Titus and Quendy
3. Titus and Link
4. Link and Calista
Essay Topic 2
Violet and Quendy are two of the females in the novel, and are very different from one another. Their differences explain much about the characters, and their lives in the novel. Choose one of the following topics to discuss.
1) Compare and contrast Violet and Quendy. How are they the same? How are they different? Include examples from the book.
2) Why do you think Quendy and Violet are so drastically different from one another? Be sure to include information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Violet's father feels very differently about the world than other individuals. Discuss Violet's father. Why is he different than other parents? What is his primary goal? Why does he home school Violet? What effect does this have on her? What is his passion? Why does he choose to speak as he does? Who does he blame at the end of the novel for the death of his daughter, and why?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)