|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse say about Violet in this hospital?
2. What does Violet send Titus?
3. What does Titus do with Link and Marty?
4. What does Violet pretend she is buying for Titus?
5. What does Quendy say about Violet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
2. List as many items as you can from Violet's 'to do' list.
3. Describe what Titus is experiencing at the end of 'A Day in the Country'.
4. Explain the discomfort between Titus and Violet as they are lying on the grass outside her home.
5. Describe Titus' dream in 'Nudging Again'?
6. Describe Violet's father.
7. Explain what happens when Violet sends the advertisements she received from her shopping trip to Titus.
8. Describe the sea as Titus and Violet view it, and what is shows about the world Titus lives in.
9. Explain what Quendy means when she chastises Titus in '86.5%'
10. What does Violet tell Titus in the upcar on the way to her house, and why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titus' world in the novel is in an environmental crisis. Using details from the book, discuss the world Titus leaves in. What has happened to the sun, air, clouds, and oceans? Why are domes needed? Why do they need suits to play near the water? What is covering the domes? What killed people in Central America? What is happening to the people themselves? Why is no one making an effort to change this?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used throughout the novel. Locate four examples of foreshadowing, and discuss how they are used to indicate things to come. Be sure to explain not only the situation, but also how the author uses foreshadowing to add dramatic tension and anticipation.
Essay Topic 3
Violet's father feels very differently about the world than other individuals. Discuss Violet's father. Why is he different than other parents? What is his primary goal? Why does he home school Violet? What effect does this have on her? What is his passion? Why does he choose to speak as he does? Who does he blame at the end of the novel for the death of his daughter, and why?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)