|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Violet's parents have her freestyle?
2. What happens to Violet's during dinner?
3. Why is Link called 'Link'?
4. What does Titus do with the memories Violet sends?
5. What does the salesperson claim he saw on the tops of the domes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Violet tells Titus about Central America, and what he hears on the radio.
2. Describe Violet's father.
3. What does Violet tell Titus in the upcar on the way to her house, and why is this important?
4. Describe Titus and Violet's fight about the state of America, and why it made Titus feel stupid.
5. Describe what Titus is experiencing at the end of 'A Day in the Country'.
6. Explain what Quendy means when she chastises Titus in '86.5%'
7. Describe what Quendy has done to her body, and why.
8. Explain why Loga and Calista are mean to Violet in 'The Real Thing'.
9. Explain what has happened to Jefferson Park, and why Violet and Titus' father argue about this.
10. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout "Feed", symbolism is used to represent things in modern society. Discuss the use of and meaning of malfunctioning, lesions, and the feed. What do these symbolize from modern society, and why did the author choose to include them?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, two different parenting styles are presented, those of Titus' parents and that of Violet's father. Compare and contrast these styles. How are they similar? How are they different? What effect do they have on the teenagers? Do you think they are partially response for what happens in the novel? Why or why not? What do you think the author is saying about the effect of parental influence on children?
Essay Topic 3
Titus' world in the novel is in an environmental crisis. Using details from the book, discuss the world Titus leaves in. What has happened to the sun, air, clouds, and oceans? Why are domes needed? Why do they need suits to play near the water? What is covering the domes? What killed people in Central America? What is happening to the people themselves? Why is no one making an effort to change this?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)