|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when ads start coming over the feed at the end of 'Sniffling'?
2. What does FeedTech respond, in terms of Violet's request for financial assistance?
3. What do Violet and her father ask FeedTech for?
4. What does Titus finally do in 'Observe the Remarkable Verdure'?
5. What does Titus do with the memories Violet sends?
Essay Topic 1
The language used by the author in the novel is definitely different than in other novels. What do you think the author was trying to achieve with this language? Do you think the language helps convey the concepts of teenage life, or do you think it detracts from the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, there are several examples of teenage relationships. Choose one of the following pairs, and analyze the relationship. Is it a friendship, or a romance, or both? What is the relationship based on? Is it mutual, or primarily one sided? Do you think it is indicative of modern teenage relationship? Why or why not?
1. Violet and Titus.
2. Titus and Quendy
3. Titus and Link
4. Link and Calista
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is used throughout the novel. Locate four examples of foreshadowing, and discuss how they are used to indicate things to come. Be sure to explain not only the situation, but also how the author uses foreshadowing to add dramatic tension and anticipation.
This section contains 1,648 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)