|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
2. What does Marty suggest as an alternative to being drunk?
3. Where does Titus discover they are in 'College Try'?
4. Where do the teens go in order to have fun in low gravity?
5. What is Marty's skill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discomfort between Titus and Violet as they are lying on the grass outside her home.
2. Describe Titus and Violet's fight about the state of America, and why it made Titus feel stupid.
3. Explain what Quendy means when she chastises Titus in '86.5%'
4. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
5. Explain why Violet wants to try to resist the feed.
6. Explain the protests about the moon.
7. Describe Titus' dream in 'Nudging Again'?
8. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
9. Describe how Titus first sees the young woman.
10. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
Essay Topic 1
Violet and Quendy are two of the females in the novel, and are very different from one another. Their differences explain much about the characters, and their lives in the novel. Choose one of the following topics to discuss.
1) Compare and contrast Violet and Quendy. How are they the same? How are they different? Include examples from the book.
2) Why do you think Quendy and Violet are so drastically different from one another? Be sure to include information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
"Feed" has been labeled by some as an ironic satire. How does the author use satire to make points in the novel? How does he use irony? Do you feel this method is successful, in this case? Why or why not? Overall, what do you think Anderson is saying about our relationship to technology, media, and consumerism? Does his use of satire allow this point to be made convincingly? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
One of the background themes in the novel is the difference in social class between Violet and Titus. Describe the social class of each character, and compare and contrast them. What are similarities and differences? How do the social class differences affect their relationship? Does social class play a role in Violet's death? How?
This section contains 2,336 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)