Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus 'dream' about in 'Nudging'?
2. How does Titus' father speak?
3. What does Titus think of the girl by the end of 'The Nose Grid'?
4. What are the frat boys wearing at the club that Titus expresses interest in?
5. When Loga comes to visit, what does she do as she talks to her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
2. Explain why Titus goes back to Violet's following the visit with her father.
3. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
4. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
5. Explain why Violet wants to try to resist the feed.
6. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
7. Explain what Violet tells Titus about Central America, and what he hears on the radio.
8. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
9. Explain Violet's father's anger at Titus.
10. Describe what the girl does with her juice at the end of 'Juice', and why this is significant.
Essay Topic 1
"Feed" has been labeled by some as an ironic satire. How does the author use satire to make points in the novel? How does he use irony? Do you feel this method is successful, in this case? Why or why not? Overall, what do you think Anderson is saying about our relationship to technology, media, and consumerism? Does his use of satire allow this point to be made convincingly? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel, Titus makes a full character transformation. Using details from the book, describe how Titus' character changes throughout the novel. How does he appear at the beginning of the novel? What are his primary concerns? What does he feel when Violet begins to go into mal, and begins to decline in health? What are his concerns at the end of the novel? Why do you think he has changed so drastically?
Essay Topic 3
Titus' world in the novel is in an environmental crisis. Using details from the book, discuss the world Titus leaves in. What has happened to the sun, air, clouds, and oceans? Why are domes needed? Why do they need suits to play near the water? What is covering the domes? What killed people in Central America? What is happening to the people themselves? Why is no one making an effort to change this?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)