Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus 'dream' about in 'Nudging'?
2. How does Titus' father speak?
3. What does Titus think of the girl by the end of 'The Nose Grid'?
4. What are the frat boys wearing at the club that Titus expresses interest in?
5. When Loga comes to visit, what does she do as she talks to her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
2. Explain why Titus goes back to Violet's following the visit with her father.
3. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
4. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
5. Explain why Violet wants to try to resist the feed.
6. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
7. Explain what Violet tells Titus about Central America, and what he hears on the radio.
8. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
9. Explain Violet's father's anger at Titus.
10. Describe what the girl does with her juice at the end of 'Juice', and why this is significant.
One of the background themes in the novel is the difference in social class between Violet and Titus. Describe the social class of each character, and compare and contrast them. What are similarities and differences? How do the social class differences affect their relationship? Does social class play a role in Violet's death? How?
Violet's character is unique in the novel, in that she is a traditionalist, whereas Titus is not. Compare and contrast Violet's character with those of Titus and his friends. How is she similar? How is she different? What are these differences? Why do you think such differences exist? What does this say about the effect of the feed and of social class on the characters in the book?
Titus' world in the novel is in an environmental crisis. Using details from the book, discuss the world Titus leaves in. What has happened to the sun, air, clouds, and oceans? Why are domes needed? Why do they need suits to play near the water? What is covering the domes? What killed people in Central America? What is happening to the people themselves? Why is no one making an effort to change this?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)