|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Titus' father speak?
2. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
3. What does Violet tell Titus he cannot see through?
4. What does Titus think of the girl by the end of 'The Nose Grid'?
5. Why can Violet's parents not come to get her, according to Violet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
2. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
3. Why is Titus so lonely?
4. Describe how Titus first sees the young woman.
5. Already in the story to this point, it is clear that Titus and Violet are beginning to have a relationship. Describe how the author has already implied this in the novel.
6. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
7. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
8. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
9. Explain the text within these chapters that is in italics. What are they, and what is your impression, thus far, of a feed?
10. Describe what the girl does with her juice at the end of 'Juice', and why this is significant.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel, Titus makes a full character transformation. Using details from the book, describe how Titus' character changes throughout the novel. How does he appear at the beginning of the novel? What are his primary concerns? What does he feel when Violet begins to go into mal, and begins to decline in health? What are his concerns at the end of the novel? Why do you think he has changed so drastically?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout "Feed", symbolism is used to represent things in modern society. Discuss the use of and meaning of malfunctioning, lesions, and the feed. What do these symbolize from modern society, and why did the author choose to include them?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, there are several examples of teenage relationships. Choose one of the following pairs, and analyze the relationship. Is it a friendship, or a romance, or both? What is the relationship based on? Is it mutual, or primarily one sided? Do you think it is indicative of modern teenage relationship? Why or why not?
1. Violet and Titus.
2. Titus and Quendy
3. Titus and Link
4. Link and Calista
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)