|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus know Violet is watching when she is first noticed paying attention to them?
2. What is Marty's skill?
3. What is the poem on page 94 about?
4. What does Violet admit to Titus in 'The Others in Mal'?
5. Who was the only one not attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
2. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
3. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
4. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
5. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
6. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
7. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
8. Explain the text within these chapters that is in italics. What are they, and what is your impression, thus far, of a feed?
9. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
10. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, there are several examples of teenage relationships. Choose one of the following pairs, and analyze the relationship. Is it a friendship, or a romance, or both? What is the relationship based on? Is it mutual, or primarily one sided? Do you think it is indicative of modern teenage relationship? Why or why not?
1. Violet and Titus.
2. Titus and Quendy
3. Titus and Link
4. Link and Calista
Essay Topic 2
Throughout "Feed", symbolism is used to represent things in modern society. Discuss the use of and meaning of malfunctioning, lesions, and the feed. What do these symbolize from modern society, and why did the author choose to include them?
Essay Topic 3
"Feed" has been labeled by some as an ironic satire. How does the author use satire to make points in the novel? How does he use irony? Do you feel this method is successful, in this case? Why or why not? Overall, what do you think Anderson is saying about our relationship to technology, media, and consumerism? Does his use of satire allow this point to be made convincingly? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)