|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controls the sun in Violet's world?
(a) The rotation of the earth.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The government.
(d) The neighborhood association.
2. What are Titus' parents doing when he gets home?
(a) They are in mal.
(b) They are playing a game.
(c) They are sleeping.
(d) They are fighting.
3. Why does Violet claim they live in a republic?
(a) Because one person runs the country.
(b) Because the corporations own everything.
(c) Because they elect people to vote for them.
(d) Because everyone votes on everything.
4. Where do Titus and Violet go instead of back to the party?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The mall.
(c) His house.
(d) Her house.
5. What does Titus think Violet might be talking about as she mentions things she wants to do?
(a) Buy a house.
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet think Quendy's lesions represent?
2. What does Titus find ironic?
3. What is wrong with Violet?
4. How long did Violet's father have to save for her to go to the moon?
5. What kind of farm do Titus and Violet visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Titus is experiencing at the end of 'A Day in the Country'.
2. Explain the discomfort between Titus and Violet as they are lying on the grass outside her home.
3. Explain what has happened to Jefferson Park, and why Violet and Titus' father argue about this.
4. Explain why Loga and Calista are mean to Violet in 'The Real Thing'.
5. Explain what happens when Violet sends the advertisements she received from her shopping trip to Titus.
6. Explain why Titus is confused as he and Violet sit in her house, and she talks of all the things she wants to do.
7. Why is Titus uneasy around Violet?
8. Describe Titus and Violet's fight about the state of America, and why it made Titus feel stupid.
9. Explain how Link received his name.
10. Explain what happens during Spin the Bottle.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)