|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Violet claim they live in a republic?
(a) Because they elect people to vote for them.
(b) Because the corporations own everything.
(c) Because everyone votes on everything.
(d) Because one person runs the country.
2. How long did Violet's father have to save for her to go to the moon?
(a) An hour.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
3. What could happen to Violet if her software malfunctions badly enough?
(a) She could forget how to speak.
(b) She could die.
(c) She could lose her appetite.
(d) She could lose her mind.
4. What does Violet pretend she is buying for Titus?
(c) A dress.
(d) A searchlight.
5. What does the salesperson claim he saw on the tops of the domes?
(a) Mutant humans.
(d) Stray dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Titus get angry with his father?
2. What does Titus dream about?
3. What does the family do with the dishes and table?
4. What has Violet lost?
5. What is wrong with Violet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Titus uneasy around Violet?
2. Explain why Titus is confused as he and Violet sit in her house, and she talks of all the things she wants to do.
3. Describe the dilemma Titus experiences as he tries to buy an upcar.
4. Explain what happens during Spin the Bottle.
5. Explain what happens when Violet sends the advertisements she received from her shopping trip to Titus.
6. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
7. List as many items as you can from Violet's 'to do' list.
8. Describe what Titus is experiencing at the end of 'A Day in the Country'.
9. Explain how Link received his name.
10. What does Violet tell Titus in the upcar on the way to her house, and why is this important?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)