Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus 'dream' about in 'Nudging'?
(a) That the police are monitoring his feed.
(b) That his parents are monitoring his feed.
(c) That he is being nudged by Violet.
(d) That he is being nudged by the hacker.
2. How does Titus' father speak?
(a) Like a businessman.
(b) Like the teenagers.
(c) In Latin.
(d) In French.
3. What does Titus think of the girl by the end of 'The Nose Grid'?
(a) He thinks she is stuck up.
(b) He thinks she is stupid.
(c) He thinks she is selfish.
(d) He thinks she is amazing.
4. What are the frat boys wearing at the club that Titus expresses interest in?
(a) Tachyon shorts.
(b) Latex shoes.
(c) Rubber suits.
(d) Plastic birds.
5. When Loga comes to visit, what does she do as she talks to her friends?
(a) Listens to music and hums along.
(b) Draws pictures.
(c) Chats to the people back home.
(d) Watches a television show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Titus discover where he is?
2. Where does Titus note people used to carry computers?
3. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
4. What are the people protesting on the moon saying about the feed?
5. What does the President's speech indicate on page 85?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
2. Explain why Titus goes back to Violet's following the visit with her father.
3. Describe Violet's experience as she received FeedTech's response.
4. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
5. Explain why Violet wants to try to resist the feed.
6. Explain why Titus enjoys Violet so much.
7. Explain what Violet tells Titus about Central America, and what he hears on the radio.
8. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
9. Explain Violet's father's anger at Titus.
10. Describe what the girl does with her juice at the end of 'Juice', and why this is significant.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)