|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'The Rumble Spot'?
(a) A dance club.
(b) A low gravity bar.
(c) A pool.
(d) A diner.
2. What was a popular fashion from LA that Titus and Violet discuss?
(a) Dressing like someone in an elderly home.
(b) Dressing like someone in the military.
(c) Dressing like someone in another country.
(d) Dressing like someone in a hospital.
3. Where does Violet take Titus to see when she is finished speaking with the doctor?
(a) A place that used to be a courtyard.
(b) A place that used to be a morgue.
(c) A place that used to be a basketball court.
(d) A place that used to be a lake.
4. What word does the feed suggest for Violet's spine?
5. Where does Violet attend school?
(a) She is home schooled.
(b) North High.
(c) West High.
(d) East High.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Violet convinced things will be different?
2. What does Violet admit to Titus in 'The Others in Mal'?
3. What do all the teenagers get back at the end of 'Release'?
4. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
5. Why can't Titus discover where he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
2. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
3. Why is Titus uneasy around Violet?
4. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
5. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
6. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
7. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
8. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
9. Explain Titus' anger at Violet.
10. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)