|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Link want to do before they go to the club?
(a) Go into mal.
(b) Get drunk.
(d) Have sex.
2. What are people protesting, according to the feed, in terms of America?
(a) They are protesting American annexation of the moon.
(b) They are protesting American oil pollution.
(c) They are protesting American corporations.
(d) They are protesting American laws.
3. What message does Titus receive as he attempts to connect to the feed?
(a) That his feednet needs an upgrade.
(b) That his feednet is operating normally.
(c) That he is disconnected from the feednet.
(d) That his feednet is damaged.
4. Who is Smell Factor?
(a) Titus' sister.
(b) Titus' brother.
(c) Titus' friend.
(d) Violet's brother.
5. Where does Titus discover they are in 'College Try'?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A psychiatric institution.
(d) A police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the frat boys wearing at the club that Titus expresses interest in?
2. What do all the teenagers get back at the end of 'Release'?
3. What are the people protesting on the moon saying about the feed?
4. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
5. What is the first thing Titus feels when he wakes in 'Awake'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Titus so lonely?
2. Why does Titus claim the moon is boring and 'sucky'?
3. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
4. Already in the story to this point, it is clear that Titus and Violet are beginning to have a relationship. Describe how the author has already implied this in the novel.
5. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
6. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
7. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
8. Describe Titus' father.
9. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
10. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)