|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus realize about the painting?
(a) There is someone in the plane.
(b) There is a man on the bicycle.
(c) There is no one in the car.
(d) There is no one in the boat.
2. How many people did the old man touch?
3. What does Titus claim you need in space?
(b) The sound of friends.
(d) Lots of alcohol.
4. Where is Link?
(a) In another ward.
(c) In jail.
5. What group is responsible for the hacker?
(a) Coalition of the Feed.
(b) Coalition of Pranksters.
(c) Coalition of Corporate America.
(d) Coalition of Pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is stuck in the teenagers' heads?
2. What does Titus hope to do on the moon?
3. What do all the teenagers get back at the end of 'Release'?
4. What does the girl note she wants her lesions to look like?
5. Who yells at the group for playing their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
2. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
3. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
4. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
5. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
6. Already in the story to this point, it is clear that Titus and Violet are beginning to have a relationship. Describe how the author has already implied this in the novel.
7. Why is Titus so lonely?
8. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
9. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
10. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)