|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet's father do for a living?
(a) He is deceased.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a programmer.
2. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
(a) A black dot.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A lesion.
(d) A pimple.
3. What does Titus claim you need in space?
(a) Lots of alcohol.
(d) The sound of friends.
4. Where does everything from the feed go?
(a) To the doctors.
(b) To the corporations.
(c) To parents.
(d) To school systems.
5. What are people protesting, according to the feed, in terms of America?
(a) They are protesting American corporations.
(b) They are protesting American laws.
(c) They are protesting American oil pollution.
(d) They are protesting American annexation of the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus notice at the end of 'Undervalued Truffle'?
2. What is Titus' mother always busy with?
3. What does the girl at the snack bar play with in anti-gravity?
4. What does the police officer tell the teens?
5. Why is Violet convinced things will be different?
Short Essay Questions
1. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
2. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
3. What does Violet imply when she notes that Titus is the only one of his group that is able to use metaphors?
4. Why is Titus so lonely?
5. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
6. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
7. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
8. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
9. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
10. Explain the protests about the moon.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)