|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl believe the face resembles?
(a) A potato.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A blank canvas.
(d) A grid.
2. What does Violet admit to Titus in 'The Others in Mal'?
(a) That her feed is damaged.
(b) That she doesn't like his friends.
(c) That she doesn't have a father.
(d) That she doesn't have a feed.
3. Where does Titus' father go after his visit?
(a) Back home.
(b) To the night club.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To the hospital.
4. What group is responsible for the hacker?
(a) Coalition of Pranksters.
(b) Coalition of Pity.
(c) Coalition of the Feed.
(d) Coalition of Corporate America.
5. What does the President's speech indicate on page 85?
(a) The the American people are dying.
(b) That the moon is dying.
(c) That the American people are out of work.
(d) That the lesions are caused by corporations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at the group for playing their game?
2. What does Marty call Link often in the first chapter?
3. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
4. What does Violet start to do when she sits next to Titus after going to the bathroom in the hospital?
5. Where does Violet take Titus to see when she is finished speaking with the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation in 'Dead Language' about writing, and what the conversation implies.
2. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
3. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
4. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
5. Explain the girl's theory of the face grid.
6. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
7. Explain the protests about the moon.
8. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
9. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
10. Violet is supposing, in 'Normal', that things will be different, because they have been through something dramatic. Do you think most teenagers would change after something like this?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)