|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police officer tell the teens?
(a) They will never be online.
(b) They are all dying.
(c) They will be offline for a while.
(d) They are permanently damaged.
2. Why can't Titus discover where he is?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He cannot find a map.
(d) He is missing his Lunar GPS.
3. What begins going wild the moment the teenagers step off the ship?
(a) The panhandlers.
(b) The billboards.
(c) The feeds.
(d) The prostitutes.
4. Where are Quendy's parents with the teenagers have their party?
(a) Swimming party.
(b) Dance party.
(c) Development meeting.
(d) Choking party.
5. Where does Titus discover they are in 'College Try'?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A psychiatric institution.
(d) A police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Link want to do before they go to the club?
2. Who did Titus used to date?
3. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
4. What do all the teenagers get back at the end of 'Release'?
5. Who yells at the group for playing their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
2. Why does Titus claim the moon is boring and 'sucky'?
3. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
4. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
5. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
6. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
7. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
8. Describe Titus' father.
9. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
10. Violet is supposing, in 'Normal', that things will be different, because they have been through something dramatic. Do you think most teenagers would change after something like this?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)