|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet ask Titus if he can do?
(a) Do algebra.
(c) Speak French.
2. What does the girl believe the face resembles?
(a) A grid.
(b) A potato.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A blank canvas.
3. What do the teenagers find to occupy their time?
(a) They shoot hypodermic needle tips at the doctors.
(b) They shoot hypodermic needle tips at one another.
(c) They play pool.
(d) They shoot hypodermic needle tips at the wall.
4. When Loga comes to visit, what does she do as she talks to her friends?
(a) Watches a television show.
(b) Chats to the people back home.
(c) Listens to music and hums along.
(d) Draws pictures.
5. Why can Violet's parents not come to get her, according to Violet?
(a) They abandoned her.
(b) They are not home.
(c) They are deceased.
(d) They are busy with jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one wall have a picture of?
2. Why do Link and Marty pull Titus into the bedroom?
3. How does Titus feel about who receives the feed information?
4. What does Titus hope to do on the moon?
5. What does Link claim is not an organ?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
2. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
3. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
4. Already in the story to this point, it is clear that Titus and Violet are beginning to have a relationship. Describe how the author has already implied this in the novel.
5. What does Violet imply when she notes that Titus is the only one of his group that is able to use metaphors?
6. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
7. Explain the text within these chapters that is in italics. What are they, and what is your impression, thus far, of a feed?
8. Explain the protests about the moon.
9. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
10. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)