|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet ask Titus if he can do?
(a) Do algebra.
(b) Speak French.
2. What does Violet's father do for a living?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a programmer.
(d) He is deceased.
3. How does Titus' father speak?
(a) Like a businessman.
(b) In Latin.
(c) Like the teenagers.
(d) In French.
4. Why do Quendy and Loga go off to the bathroom at the beginning of 'The Nose Grid'?
(a) Their clothing is old.
(b) They want to gossip.
(c) They need to use the facilities.
(d) Hairstyles have changed.
5. What show do the girls love?
(a) Oh! Thing!
(b) Oh! Wow! Thing!
(c) Oh! God! Thing!
(d) Oh! Thing! Cool!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus say about how his head feels?
2. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
3. Who tells the girls what is happening in the story?
4. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
5. What is the poem on page 94 about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
2. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
3. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
4. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
5. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
6. Describe Titus' father.
7. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
8. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
9. Explain the girl's theory of the face grid.
10. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)