|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl believe the face resembles?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A grid.
(c) A potato.
(d) A blank canvas.
2. What do all the teenagers get back at the end of 'Release'?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their credits.
(c) Their feeds.
(d) Their sanity.
3. What does Titus say when Violet asks what they should do?
(a) They should find their friends.
(b) They should sleep.
(c) They should find a doctor.
(d) He doesn't know.
4. Where does Titus discover they are in 'College Try'?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A psychiatric institution.
(c) A police station.
(d) A hospital.
5. Where does Titus note people used to carry computers?
(a) In their pockets.
(b) On their backs.
(c) Inside their lungs.
(d) Outside the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a salad day, according to Violet?
2. What does Titus hope to do on the moon?
3. What message does Titus receive as he attempts to connect to the feed?
4. What is Titus' mother always busy with?
5. What does Violet ask Titus if he can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
2. Explain the protests about the moon.
3. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
4. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
5. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
6. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
7. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
8. What does Violet imply when she notes that Titus is the only one of his group that is able to use metaphors?
9. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
10. Discuss the conversation in 'Dead Language' about writing, and what the conversation implies.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)