|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet ask Titus if he can do?
(c) Speak French.
(d) Do algebra.
2. How many walls does the room have?
3. What does the police officer tell the teens?
(a) They will never be online.
(b) They will be offline for a while.
(c) They are permanently damaged.
(d) They are all dying.
4. What does Titus know Violet is watching when she is first noticed paying attention to them?
(a) Their stupidity.
(b) Their happiness.
(c) Their grace.
(d) Their intelligence.
5. Where does everything from the feed go?
(a) To school systems.
(b) To the corporations.
(c) To parents.
(d) To the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Loga comes to visit, what does she do as she talks to her friends?
2. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
3. What does Marty call Link often in the first chapter?
4. What have people begun to see on their skin in 'Impact'?
5. Why does Loga go to the bathroom while visiting her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
2. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
3. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
4. Describe Titus' father.
5. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
6. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
7. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
8. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
9. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
10. Explain the protests about the moon.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)