|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the girls what is happening in the story?
2. What does Violet admit to Titus in 'The Others in Mal'?
(a) That she doesn't like his friends.
(b) That she doesn't have a father.
(c) That her feed is damaged.
(d) That she doesn't have a feed.
3. What does the police officer tell the teens?
(a) They will never be online.
(b) They will be offline for a while.
(c) They are permanently damaged.
(d) They are all dying.
4. When Loga comes to visit, what does she do as she talks to her friends?
(a) Watches a television show.
(b) Draws pictures.
(c) Chats to the people back home.
(d) Listens to music and hums along.
5. Where does Violet take Titus to see when she is finished speaking with the doctor?
(a) A place that used to be a basketball court.
(b) A place that used to be a morgue.
(c) A place that used to be a lake.
(d) A place that used to be a courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Titus used to date?
2. What does Marty suggest as an alternative to being drunk?
3. What word does the feed suggest for Violet's spine?
4. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
5. What group is responsible for the hacker?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
2. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
3. Explain the protests about the moon.
4. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
5. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
6. Discuss the conversation in 'Dead Language' about writing, and what the conversation implies.
7. Describe how Titus first sees the young woman.
8. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
9. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
10. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)