|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a salad day, according to Violet?
(a) A sad day.
(b) A tiring day.
(c) A happy day.
(d) A lonely day.
2. What does Titus say when Violet asks what they should do?
(a) They should find their friends.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) They should sleep.
(d) They should find a doctor.
3. What does Link want to do before they go to the club?
(a) Have sex.
(b) Go into mal.
(d) Get drunk.
4. Why does Loga go to the bathroom while visiting her friends?
(a) To change her makeup.
(b) To change her hair.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To change her shoes.
5. What does Titus claim you need in space?
(a) The sound of friends.
(c) Lots of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Quendy and Loga go off to the bathroom at the beginning of 'The Nose Grid'?
2. What is represented by the advertisements on page 15?
3. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
4. What does Marty call Link often in the first chapter?
5. Who is the girl on the moon with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
2. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
3. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
4. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
5. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
6. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
7. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
8. What does Violet imply when she notes that Titus is the only one of his group that is able to use metaphors?
9. Why does Titus claim the moon is boring and 'sucky'?
10. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)