|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
(a) It can shop for you.
(b) It can drive you anywhere.
(c) It knows everything you want.
(d) It can help heal you.
2. What do the teenagers find to occupy their time?
(a) They shoot hypodermic needle tips at the doctors.
(b) They shoot hypodermic needle tips at one another.
(c) They shoot hypodermic needle tips at the wall.
(d) They play pool.
3. Where does Violet take Titus to see when she is finished speaking with the doctor?
(a) A place that used to be a morgue.
(b) A place that used to be a lake.
(c) A place that used to be a courtyard.
(d) A place that used to be a basketball court.
4. How many walls does the room have?
5. What begins going wild the moment the teenagers step off the ship?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The panhandlers.
(c) The billboards.
(d) The feeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the feed suggest for Violet's spine?
2. Why is Link taller than everyone else?
3. What does Violet's father do for a living?
4. What does Violet offer Titus in this chapter?
5. What is the poem on page 94 about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
2. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
3. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
4. Discuss the conversation in 'Dead Language' about writing, and what the conversation implies.
5. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
6. Violet is supposing, in 'Normal', that things will be different, because they have been through something dramatic. Do you think most teenagers would change after something like this?
7. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
8. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
9. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
10. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)