|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus hope to do on the moon?
(a) Hook up with an guy.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Go into mal.
(d) Hook up with a girl.
2. Where are Quendy's parents with the teenagers have their party?
(a) Development meeting.
(b) Swimming party.
(c) Dance party.
(d) Choking party.
3. How does Titus' father speak?
(a) Like a businessman.
(b) In French.
(c) Like the teenagers.
(d) In Latin.
4. What was a popular fashion from LA that Titus and Violet discuss?
(a) Dressing like someone in the military.
(b) Dressing like someone in a hospital.
(c) Dressing like someone in an elderly home.
(d) Dressing like someone in another country.
5. What does Link want to do before they go to the club?
(a) Get drunk.
(c) Go into mal.
(d) Have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
2. What is Marty's skill?
3. What does Violet start to do when she sits next to Titus after going to the bathroom in the hospital?
4. What are people protesting, according to the feed, in terms of America?
5. Who did Titus used to date?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
2. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
3. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
4. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
5. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
6. Explain the protests about the moon.
7. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
8. What does Violet imply when she notes that Titus is the only one of his group that is able to use metaphors?
9. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
10. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)