|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parties has Violet been to?
(a) Not many.
(d) A hundred.
2. What do the police do to the teenagers after they are attacked?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Shut them off.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Arrest them.
3. Who did Titus used to date?
4. Why does Loga go to the bathroom while visiting her friends?
(a) To change her shoes.
(b) To change her makeup.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To change her hair.
5. What does the girl believe the face resembles?
(a) A blank canvas.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A potato.
(d) A grid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a salad day, according to Violet?
2. Who tells the girls what is happening in the story?
3. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
4. What is represented by the advertisements on page 15?
5. Who is the girl on the moon with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
2. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
3. Explain the text within these chapters that is in italics. What are they, and what is your impression, thus far, of a feed?
4. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
5. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
6. Explain the protests about the moon.
7. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
8. Explain why Titus doesn't want to try and cheer Violet up when she cries in the hospital.
9. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
10. Describe how Titus first sees the young woman.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)