|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'Nature vs. Nurture'?
(a) A television show.
(b) A book.
(c) A radio show.
(d) A feedcast.
2. Who did Titus used to date?
3. How does Titus' father speak?
(a) In Latin.
(b) Like a businessman.
(c) Like the teenagers.
(d) In French.
4. Where do the teenagers go to have fun at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The moon.
(b) The moon of Venus.
(d) The arcade.
5. How many parties has Violet been to?
(a) Not many.
(b) A hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus know Violet is watching when she is first noticed paying attention to them?
2. What does Titus realize about the painting?
3. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
4. What do the girls spend the rest of the hour doing?
5. What does the girl at the snack bar play with in anti-gravity?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
2. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
3. Describe how the teenagers are attacked.
4. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
5. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
6. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
7. Already in the story to this point, it is clear that Titus and Violet are beginning to have a relationship. Describe how the author has already implied this in the novel.
8. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
9. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
10. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)