|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus do at the end of 'Awake'?
(a) Leaves the hospital.
(b) Opens his eyes.
(c) Closes his eyes.
(d) Jumps from a window.
2. What does Violet admit to Titus in 'The Others in Mal'?
(a) That her feed is damaged.
(b) That she doesn't have a feed.
(c) That she doesn't have a father.
(d) That she doesn't like his friends.
3. What does the President's speech indicate on page 85?
(a) That the moon is dying.
(b) The the American people are dying.
(c) That the lesions are caused by corporations.
(d) That the American people are out of work.
4. What does Violet ask Titus if he can do?
(a) Speak French.
(c) Do algebra.
5. Why is Violet convinced things will be different?
(a) They will be drinking.
(b) She has a new feed.
(c) She has new friends.
(d) They have been through a large event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus realize about the painting?
2. What does the girl note she wants her lesions to look like?
3. What does Titus claim you need in space?
4. Who tells the girls what is happening in the story?
5. What does Violet offer Titus in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why the girls help Quendy with her hair, and why Titus finds this important.
2. Describe what life was like, according to Titus, before the feed, and what this means to him.
3. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
4. Why is Titus so lonely?
5. What does Violet imply when she notes that Titus is the only one of his group that is able to use metaphors?
6. Describe what the girl does with her juice at the end of 'Juice', and why this is significant.
7. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
8. Loga was not touched by the hacker. How do you think she feels?
9. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
10. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)