|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl believe the face resembles?
(a) A potato.
(b) A blank canvas.
(c) A grid.
(d) A balloon.
2. What do all the teenagers get back at the end of 'Release'?
(a) Their feeds.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) Their credits.
(d) Their sanity.
3. What is 'The Rumble Spot'?
(a) A diner.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A pool.
(d) A low gravity bar.
4. What is the first thing Titus feels when he wakes in 'Awake'?
(a) He cannot feel the feed.
(b) He has no credits.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He has a headache.
5. How does Titus' father speak?
(a) In Latin.
(b) Like the teenagers.
(c) In French.
(d) Like a businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Link taller than everyone else?
2. Who employs "everyone in the world" according to Titus?
3. What does Titus think Link's body slams with the girls show?
4. What does Violet admit to Titus in 'The Others in Mal'?
5. What is represented by the advertisements on page 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Already in the story to this point, it is clear that Titus and Violet are beginning to have a relationship. Describe how the author has already implied this in the novel.
2. Why is Titus so lonely?
3. Titus is freely willing to trade mega corporations his personal information and allow them to control him if it means he gets everything he wants. Does this seem to be a good deal to you?
4. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
5. Explain what Violet means by the days at the hospital being salad days.
6. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
7. Explain the text within these chapters that is in italics. What are they, and what is your impression, thus far, of a feed?
8. Violet is supposing, in 'Normal', that things will be different, because they have been through something dramatic. Do you think most teenagers would change after something like this?
9. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
10. Describe Titus' father.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)