|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Titus recognize he is lying on?
(a) A couch.
(b) A hammock.
(c) A floor.
(d) A bed.
2. How does Titus' father speak?
(a) Like the teenagers.
(b) In Latin.
(c) Like a businessman.
(d) In French.
3. What does Quendy have in the middle of her forehead?
(a) A pimple.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A black dot.
(d) A lesion.
4. What does Titus call the man who attacked them?
(a) A jobber.
(b) A unit.
(c) A hacker.
(d) A criminal.
5. Where does everything from the feed go?
(a) To school systems.
(b) To the corporations.
(c) To the doctors.
(d) To parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls spend the rest of the hour doing?
2. What is a salad day, according to Violet?
3. How many walls does the room have?
4. Where does Titus discover they are in 'College Try'?
5. What are the frat boys wearing at the club that Titus expresses interest in?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Titus is speaking of the sale at Weatherbee & Crotch, what does he say, and what does his tone and choice of words convey?
2. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
3. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
4. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
5. Describe the television show "based on a true story" advertised at the end of 'The Nose Grid'.
6. Discuss the conversation in 'Dead Language' about writing, and what the conversation implies.
7. Explain the protests about the moon.
8. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
9. Titus reports that "everyone is supersmart now", because everyone can look anything up instantly. Based on what you have seen in the novel, do you agree that everyone is intelligent?
10. Explain the text within these chapters that is in italics. What are they, and what is your impression, thus far, of a feed?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)