|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the girls what is happening in the story?
2. What does Violet ask Titus if he can do?
(a) Do algebra.
(d) Speak French.
3. What benefit does Titus note to having the feed?
(a) Everyone is super smart.
(b) Everyone knows everything.
(c) Everyone is lazy.
(d) Everyone has knowledge.
4. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
(a) It can drive you anywhere.
(b) It can shop for you.
(c) It can help heal you.
(d) It knows everything you want.
5. What show do the girls love?
(a) Oh! God! Thing!
(b) Oh! Wow! Thing!
(c) Oh! Thing! Cool!
(d) Oh! Thing!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titus realize about the painting?
2. What do the police do to the teenagers after they are attacked?
3. What was a popular fashion from LA that Titus and Violet discuss?
4. What does Titus hope to do on the moon?
5. Titus and Violet do what at the end of 'The Garden'?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Titus doesn't tell Violet about his friends going mal, he feels he is protecting her from something. Why is he so bothered by their actions?
2. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
3. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
4. Describe what the girl does with her juice at the end of 'Juice', and why this is significant.
5. Describe how Titus first sees the young woman.
6. Discuss the conversation in 'Dead Language' about writing, and what the conversation implies.
7. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
8. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
9. Titus mentions the lack of need for a picture like the one he sees in the hospital. What does this say about Titus' imagination?
10. Describe what happens when the feed is turned back on.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)