|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one wall have a picture of?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A plane.
(d) A bicycle.
2. What does Titus hope Violet can see in the light coming from his brain monitor?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His lips.
(c) His smile.
(d) His feed.
3. What word does the feed suggest for Violet's spine?
4. What message does Titus receive as he attempts to connect to the feed?
(a) That he is disconnected from the feednet.
(b) That his feednet needs an upgrade.
(c) That his feednet is operating normally.
(d) That his feednet is damaged.
5. What does Titus say when Violet asks what they should do?
(a) They should find a doctor.
(b) They should sleep.
(c) They should find their friends.
(d) He doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet start to do when she sits next to Titus after going to the bathroom in the hospital?
2. What word does the girl use that no one understands?
3. Why can't Titus discover where he is?
4. What begins going wild the moment the teenagers step off the ship?
5. What does Titus think the best thing about the feed is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think happened in 'Nudging'? Was Titus dreaming, or were the police or the hacker group sifting through his feed?
2. Describe Titus' father.
3. Describe how you perceive the teenagers by this point in the novel.
4. Explain why Calista, Marty, Titus, and Link can get into college parties.
5. At the party, Titus' feed reports that the president is making a speech. Describe the content of the speech, and your reaction to it.
6. Why is Titus so lonely?
7. What does the text of 'Awake' indicate about how much the teenagers rely on the feed?
8. Titus reflects that, without the feed, their "heads felt real empty" (pg. 46). What is your response?
9. Titus mentions they will be offline for a while, so the police can pull off information to use against the hacker. Do you think it would be fair to pull data from a computer in your brain to use, without your express permission?
10. Explain the protests about the moon.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)