|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the old man touch?
2. What does Violet start to do when she sits next to Titus after going to the bathroom in the hospital?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She sings.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She reads.
3. Who is Smell Factor?
(a) Titus' sister.
(b) Titus' friend.
(c) Titus' brother.
(d) Violet's brother.
4. Where does everything from the feed go?
(a) To the corporations.
(b) To school systems.
(c) To parents.
(d) To the doctors.
5. What does Titus do at the end of 'Awake'?
(a) Opens his eyes.
(b) Closes his eyes.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Jumps from a window.
6. What does Violet's father do for a living?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is deceased.
(c) He is a programmer.
(d) He is a banker.
7. What is the young woman's name?
8. What does Link claim is not an organ?
(a) The fingernail.
(b) The face.
(c) The leg.
(d) The liver.
9. Where is Link?
(a) In another ward.
(c) In jail.
10. What is a salad day, according to Violet?
(a) A tiring day.
(b) A happy day.
(c) A sad day.
(d) A lonely day.
11. What are the frat boys wearing at the club that Titus expresses interest in?
(a) Plastic birds.
(b) Tachyon shorts.
(c) Rubber suits.
(d) Latex shoes.
12. What does Titus notice at the end of 'Undervalued Truffle'?
(a) Everyone is staring at him.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) Everything has changed.
(d) No one is talking.
13. What is 'Nature vs. Nurture'?
(a) A feedcast.
(b) A radio show.
(c) A television show.
(d) A book.
14. What was a popular fashion from LA that Titus and Violet discuss?
(a) Dressing like someone in an elderly home.
(b) Dressing like someone in the military.
(c) Dressing like someone in another country.
(d) Dressing like someone in a hospital.
15. What is represented by the advertisements on page 15?
(a) Billboard ads.
(b) Television ads.
(c) Blurbs from the feed.
(d) Radio ads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marty call Link often in the first chapter?
2. Where do the teenagers go to have fun at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Titus try to do with Link and Marty?
4. What begins going wild the moment the teenagers step off the ship?
5. Why is Calista able to get into parties?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)