|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Link taller than everyone else?
(a) He is genetically diseased.
(b) He is part of a secret experiment.
(c) He is older.
(d) He is wearing platform shoes.
2. Where does Violet take Titus to see when she is finished speaking with the doctor?
(a) A place that used to be a lake.
(b) A place that used to be a basketball court.
(c) A place that used to be a courtyard.
(d) A place that used to be a morgue.
3. How many people did the old man touch?
4. What begins going wild the moment the teenagers step off the ship?
(a) The billboards.
(b) The feeds.
(c) The prostitutes.
(d) The panhandlers.
5. Why do Quendy and Loga go off to the bathroom at the beginning of 'The Nose Grid'?
(a) Their clothing is old.
(b) Hairstyles have changed.
(c) They want to gossip.
(d) They need to use the facilities.
6. Where does Titus note people used to carry computers?
(a) Inside their lungs.
(b) On their backs.
(c) Outside the body.
(d) In their pockets.
7. What does Titus 'dream' about in 'Nudging'?
(a) That his parents are monitoring his feed.
(b) That the police are monitoring his feed.
(c) That he is being nudged by Violet.
(d) That he is being nudged by the hacker.
8. Who is the girl on the moon with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) No one.
(d) Her friends.
9. Who yells at the group for playing their game?
(a) A doctor.
(c) Link's father.
(d) Quendy's mom.
10. How many parties has Violet been to?
(b) A hundred.
(d) Not many.
11. What does the police officer tell the teens?
(a) They are permanently damaged.
(b) They are all dying.
(c) They will never be online.
(d) They will be offline for a while.
12. What word does the feed suggest for Violet's spine?
13. What does Titus realize about the painting?
(a) There is a man on the bicycle.
(b) There is no one in the boat.
(c) There is no one in the car.
(d) There is someone in the plane.
14. Where do the teenagers go to have fun at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The moon.
(c) The arcade.
(d) The moon of Venus.
15. What does Titus know Violet is watching when she is first noticed paying attention to them?
(a) Their stupidity.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their happiness.
(d) Their grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is stuck in the teenagers' heads?
2. How many walls does the room have?
3. What does Titus think of the girl by the end of 'The Nose Grid'?
4. What does Titus notice at the end of 'Undervalued Truffle'?
5. What does the President's speech indicate on page 85?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)