|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police officer tell the teens?
(a) They will never be online.
(b) They will be offline for a while.
(c) They are all dying.
(d) They are permanently damaged.
2. What is a salad day, according to Violet?
(a) A happy day.
(b) A tiring day.
(c) A sad day.
(d) A lonely day.
3. What does Violet start to do when she sits next to Titus after going to the bathroom in the hospital?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She sings.
(d) She reads.
4. What do the teenagers order that gives them headaches?
(a) Nutrient IVs.
(c) Caffeine IVs.
5. What benefit does Titus note to having the feed?
(a) Everyone is super smart.
(b) Everyone is lazy.
(c) Everyone has knowledge.
(d) Everyone knows everything.
6. What begins going wild the moment the teenagers step off the ship?
(a) The feeds.
(b) The panhandlers.
(c) The billboards.
(d) The prostitutes.
7. What does Titus hope to do on the moon?
(a) Hook up with a girl.
(b) Go into mal.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Hook up with an guy.
8. What word does the feed suggest for Violet's spine?
9. Who is the girl on the moon with?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her mother.
10. Who is Smell Factor?
(a) Titus' sister.
(b) Violet's brother.
(c) Titus' friend.
(d) Titus' brother.
11. What does Titus do at the end of 'Awake'?
(a) Jumps from a window.
(b) Closes his eyes.
(c) Opens his eyes.
(d) Leaves the hospital.
12. Where does Violet attend school?
(a) West High.
(b) East High.
(c) North High.
(d) She is home schooled.
13. Why is Violet convinced things will be different?
(a) She has new friends.
(b) She has a new feed.
(c) They will be drinking.
(d) They have been through a large event.
14. What is the poem on page 94 about?
(a) The world before the forests died.
(b) The world after the colonization of Mars.
(c) The world before the ocean died.
(d) The world before the feed came.
15. Where does Titus note people used to carry computers?
(a) Inside their lungs.
(b) In their pockets.
(c) Outside the body.
(d) On their backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Violet's parents not come to get her, according to Violet?
2. What does Violet offer Titus in this chapter?
3. What does Titus think of the girl by the end of 'The Nose Grid'?
4. What does Titus recognize he is lying on?
5. What word does the girl use that no one understands?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)