|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
2. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
3. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
4. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
5. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
2. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
3. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
4. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
5. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
6. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
7. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
8. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
9. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
10. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
Essay Topic 2
What does Samantha come to believe about the new boy? Why does she believe this? What is the effect on Samantha when she realizes he isn't what she'd hoped for? What does Frannie say about Samantha's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Samantha asks Frannie why she rushed to help Trevor up after he fell in the school yard. What is Samantha's response and what does she mean by this? Why is Frannie skeptical that this could really be Frannie's motivation? Is Frannie right?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)