|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
2. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
3. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
4. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
5. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
2. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
3. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
4. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
5. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
6. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
7. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
8. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
9. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
10. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frannie is very worried about her mother's health and she angrily says that she's not sharing her room as a way to express her worry. Is her reaction realistic? What are some other ways Frannie expresses her concern?
Essay Topic 2
There is a division among blacks and whites even though segregation has been outlawed. Did this situation exist in the 1970s? What has changed since that time?
Essay Topic 3
Frannie and Sean play a game in which one says a word and the other describes how that word sounds. How did this game come into being? Why is it important to both of them? Frannie says Sean is better at it than she. How can this be true considering that Sean doesn't hear sounds?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)