|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
2. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
3. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
4. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
5. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
2. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
3. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
4. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
5. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
6. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
7. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
8. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
9. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
10. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does Samantha come to believe about the new boy? Why does she believe this? What is the effect on Samantha when she realizes he isn't what she'd hoped for? What does Frannie say about Samantha's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)