|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
2. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
3. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
4. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
5. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a division among blacks and whites even though segregation has been outlawed. Did this situation exist in the 1970s? What has changed since that time?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Samantha? What is her relationship to Frannie? Who is Maribel? What is her relationship to Frannie? Compare Samantha and Maribel. Which character is most likable? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the social setting for the story. What are the attitudes of blacks and whites toward each other? What are the attitudes of most people toward people with disabilities, such as deafness?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)