|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
2. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
3. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
4. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
5. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
Essay Topic 1
Frannie is very worried about her mother's health and she angrily says that she's not sharing her room as a way to express her worry. Is her reaction realistic? What are some other ways Frannie expresses her concern?
Essay Topic 2
Frannie and Sean play a game in which one says a word and the other describes how that word sounds. How did this game come into being? Why is it important to both of them? Frannie says Sean is better at it than she. How can this be true considering that Sean doesn't hear sounds?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)