|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
2. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
3. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
4. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
5. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
2. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
3. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
4. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
5. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
6. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
7. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
8. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
9. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
10. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List one of the major themes of this book? Give at least three examples of theme in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
Essay Topic 3
Samantha asks Frannie why she rushed to help Trevor up after he fell in the school yard. What is Samantha's response and what does she mean by this? Why is Frannie skeptical that this could really be Frannie's motivation? Is Frannie right?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)