|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
2. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
3. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
4. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
5. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the social setting for the story. What are the attitudes of blacks and whites toward each other? What are the attitudes of most people toward people with disabilities, such as deafness?
Essay Topic 2
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Frannie's relationship with the new boy changes over the course of the book. Why does it change? Samantha's thoughts about the new boy also change over the course of the book. Are the changes similar? Are they prompted by the same thing?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)