|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
2. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
3. What had the class studied in geography that day?
4. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
5. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
2. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
3. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
4. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
5. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
6. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
7. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
8. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
9. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
10. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frannie and Sean play a game in which one says a word and the other describes how that word sounds. How did this game come into being? Why is it important to both of them? Frannie says Sean is better at it than she. How can this be true considering that Sean doesn't hear sounds?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important scene of the story? Why?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)