|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
2. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
3. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
4. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
5. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
2. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
3. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
4. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
5. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
6. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
7. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
8. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
9. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
10. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important scene of the story? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Samantha asks Frannie why she rushed to help Trevor up after he fell in the school yard. What is Samantha's response and what does she mean by this? Why is Frannie skeptical that this could really be Frannie's motivation? Is Frannie right?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)