|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
2. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
3. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
4. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
5. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
2. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
3. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
4. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
5. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
6. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
7. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
8. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
9. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
10. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List one of the major themes of this book? Give at least three examples of theme in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What does Samantha come to believe about the new boy? Why does she believe this? What is the effect on Samantha when she realizes he isn't what she'd hoped for? What does Frannie say about Samantha's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)