|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
2. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
3. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
4. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
5. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the various members of Frannie's family, including her parents and grandmother. Which family member is she closest to? Why? What is her relationship with the other members of the family?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sean? What is he like? What are his challenges? How does he face these?
Essay Topic 3
What does Samantha come to believe about the new boy? Why does she believe this? What is the effect on Samantha when she realizes he isn't what she'd hoped for? What does Frannie say about Samantha's reaction?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)