|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
2. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
3. What is the sign for Jesus?
4. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
5. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
Essay Topic 1
When Trevor is picking on the new boy about being white, the boy counters, saying that Trevor obviously has a white father who lives on the other side of the highway. Was the new boy right to strike Trevor in a way that was so hurtful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the social setting for the story. What are the attitudes of blacks and whites toward each other? What are the attitudes of most people toward people with disabilities, such as deafness?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)