|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
2. What is Daddy's answer when he's asked to name the prettiest place he's ever seen?
3. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
4. What does Mama call the library?
5. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Trevor injured?
2. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
3. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
4. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
5. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
6. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
7. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
8. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
9. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
10. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Frannie is very worried about her mother's health and she angrily says that she's not sharing her room as a way to express her worry. Is her reaction realistic? What are some other ways Frannie expresses her concern?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lila? How many other children have died in Frannie's family? What is the impact on the family?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)