Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
2. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
3. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
4. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
5. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
2. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
3. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
4. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
5. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
8. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
9. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
10. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Samantha? What is her relationship to Frannie? Who is Maribel? What is her relationship to Frannie? Compare Samantha and Maribel. Which character is most likable? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Frannie says that Sean taught her to speak and that she grew up "in his world of words." How might Frannie's life have been different without Sean's influence? Would her life have been better? Why or why not?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)