|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
2. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
3. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
4. What time does Mama get up on Saturday?
5. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
2. How was Trevor injured?
3. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
4. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
5. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
6. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
7. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
8. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
9. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
10. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sean? What is he like? What are his challenges? How does he face these?
Essay Topic 3
When Trevor is picking on the new boy about being white, the boy counters, saying that Trevor obviously has a white father who lives on the other side of the highway. Was the new boy right to strike Trevor in a way that was so hurtful? Why or why not?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)