|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
2. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
3. What is Frannie's real first name?
4. What are the three things Sean does very well?
5. What is Daddy's answer when he's asked to name the prettiest place he's ever seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
2. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
3. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
4. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
5. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
8. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
9. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
10. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List one of the major themes of this book? Give at least three examples of theme in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lila? How many other children have died in Frannie's family? What is the impact on the family?
Essay Topic 3
When Trevor is picking on the new boy about being white, the boy counters, saying that Trevor obviously has a white father who lives on the other side of the highway. Was the new boy right to strike Trevor in a way that was so hurtful? Why or why not?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)