|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
2. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
3. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
4. What grade is Frannie in?
5. Which street does Samantha take when the girls reach the corner where they go separate ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
2. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
3. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
4. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
5. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
8. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
9. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
10. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Samantha come to believe about the new boy? Why does she believe this? What is the effect on Samantha when she realizes he isn't what she'd hoped for? What does Frannie say about Samantha's reaction?
Essay Topic 2
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)