|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
2. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
3. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
4. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
5. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
2. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
3. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
4. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
5. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
8. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
9. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
10. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Sean? What is he like? What are his challenges? How does he face these?
Essay Topic 2
Frannie and Sean play a game in which one says a word and the other describes how that word sounds. How did this game come into being? Why is it important to both of them? Frannie says Sean is better at it than she. How can this be true considering that Sean doesn't hear sounds?
Essay Topic 3
Samantha asks Frannie why she rushed to help Trevor up after he fell in the school yard. What is Samantha's response and what does she mean by this? Why is Frannie skeptical that this could really be Frannie's motivation? Is Frannie right?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)