|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
2. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
3. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
4. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
5. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
2. How was Trevor injured?
3. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
4. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
5. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
6. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
7. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
8. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
9. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
10. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the various members of Frannie's family, including her parents and grandmother. Which family member is she closest to? Why? What is her relationship with the other members of the family?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)