|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
2. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
3. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
4. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
5. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
2. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
3. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
4. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
5. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
6. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
7. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
8. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
9. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
10. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
Essay Topic 1
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
Essay Topic 2
What does Samantha come to believe about the new boy? Why does she believe this? What is the effect on Samantha when she realizes he isn't what she'd hoped for? What does Frannie say about Samantha's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
What is the reaction of the class when the new boy first arrives? Why do they react in this way? What happens to make him become more accepted?
This section contains 1,485 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)