|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
2. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
3. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
4. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
5. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
2. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
3. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
4. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
5. How was Trevor injured?
6. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
7. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
8. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
9. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
10. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the reaction of the class when the new boy first arrives? Why do they react in this way? What happens to make him become more accepted?
Essay Topic 2
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)