|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
2. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
3. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
4. What does one of Sean's friends sign to him when Frannie walks in?
5. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
2. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
3. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
4. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
5. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
6. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
7. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
8. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
9. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
10. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
Essay Topic 2
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)