|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samantha's father do?
2. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
3. Why doesn't Franny's family do business with Maribel's mother?
4. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
5. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
2. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
3. How was Trevor injured?
4. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
5. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
6. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
7. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
8. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
9. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
10. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frannie. What kind of person is she? What are the most important aspects of her life? Why are these important?
Essay Topic 2
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
Essay Topic 3
Frannie and Sean play a game in which one says a word and the other describes how that word sounds. How did this game come into being? Why is it important to both of them? Frannie says Sean is better at it than she. How can this be true considering that Sean doesn't hear sounds?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)