|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
2. What does he do with what he pulls from his pocket?
3. What does Frannie draw on her paper after learning that Trevor was absent?
4. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
5. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
2. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
3. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
4. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
5. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
6. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
7. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
8. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
9. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
10. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lila? How many other children have died in Frannie's family? What is the impact on the family?
Essay Topic 2
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)