|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
2. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
3. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
4. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
5. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
2. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
3. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
4. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
5. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
6. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
7. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
8. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
9. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
10. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sean? What is he like? What are his challenges? How does he face these?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the various members of Frannie's family, including her parents and grandmother. Which family member is she closest to? Why? What is her relationship with the other members of the family?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)