|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
2. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
3. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
4. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
5. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
2. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
3. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
4. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
5. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
8. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
9. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
10. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
Essay Topic 1
Sean says that he would like to live in a world where every window had a bridge to somewhere else. What does he mean by this? Why does he say he'd be willing to be the first to cross? Would you be willing to be the first?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Frannie's relationship with the new boy changes over the course of the book. Why does it change? Samantha's thoughts about the new boy also change over the course of the book. Are the changes similar? Are they prompted by the same thing?
Essay Topic 3
Frannie is very worried about her mother's health and she angrily says that she's not sharing her room as a way to express her worry. Is her reaction realistic? What are some other ways Frannie expresses her concern?
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)