|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Trevor's eyes?
2. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
3. Where does the new boy sit?
4. What time does Frannie get home from school?
5. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
2. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
3. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
4. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
5. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
6. What does Frannie remember about the baby that didn't "thrive", and what is another memory of someone using that word?
7. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
8. How was Trevor injured?
9. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
10. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samantha asks Frannie why she rushed to help Trevor up after he fell in the school yard. What is Samantha's response and what does she mean by this? Why is Frannie skeptical that this could really be Frannie's motivation? Is Frannie right?
Essay Topic 2
Frannie is very worried about her mother's health and she angrily says that she's not sharing her room as a way to express her worry. Is her reaction realistic? What are some other ways Frannie expresses her concern?
Essay Topic 3
List one of the major themes of this book? Give at least three examples of theme in the story.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)