|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
2. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
3. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
4. What's the news Daddy shares that explains why Mama is tired?
5. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
2. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
3. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
4. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
5. What does Frannie remember about the baby that didn't "thrive", and what is another memory of someone using that word?
6. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
7. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
8. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
9. What are the scars on Frannie's hands, where did they come from and what does her mother do to them sometimes?
10. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frannie and Sean play a game in which one says a word and the other describes how that word sounds. How did this game come into being? Why is it important to both of them? Frannie says Sean is better at it than she. How can this be true considering that Sean doesn't hear sounds?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sean? What is he like? What are his challenges? How does he face these?
Essay Topic 3
What are the major differences between Samantha's family and Frannie's family? Are these differences important to the girls' friendship? Are they friends despite these differences or because of them?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)