|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Samantha's coat?
2. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
3. What is the name of Frannie's school?
4. What does Mama call the library?
5. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
2. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
3. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
4. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
5. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
6. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
7. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
8. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
9. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
10. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the poem that Frannie likes about hope and feathers. What is Trevor's interpretation of the poem? What is Frannie's mom's interpretation? What is Frannie's interpretation? Which do you believe to be correct? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lila? How many other children have died in Frannie's family? What is the impact on the family?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Sean? What is he like? What are his challenges? How does he face these?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)