|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he hurt Trevor.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
2. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Start her homework.
(b) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
(c) Wash her hands.
(d) Mash the potatoes.
3. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
4. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) Walk away without doing anything.
(b) Help her up.
(c) See if Maribel asks for help.
5. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
(a) Big baby.
(b) You'll hurt the baby.
(c) You'll hurt Mama.
(d) You're too old for that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign for Jesus?
2. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
3. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
4. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
5. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
2. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
3. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
4. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
5. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
6. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
7. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
8. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
9. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
10. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)