|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
(b) Start her homework.
(c) Wash her hands.
(d) Mash the potatoes.
2. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(a) Sandwiches and soup.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
3. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(b) See if Maribel asks for help.
(c) Walk away without doing anything.
(d) Help her up.
4. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he has nowhere else to go.
(b) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
(c) That he hasn't yet decided.
(d) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
5. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
(b) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(c) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(d) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
2. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
3. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
4. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
5. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
2. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
3. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
4. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
5. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
6. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
7. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
8. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
9. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
10. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)