|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
(a) Cleaning products.
(c) Her mother's cooking.
(d) Lilacs and coconuts.
2. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Dark blue high heels.
(d) Shiny platform boots.
3. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Trevor loves Maribel.
(b) Black Power.
(c) NY Knicks.
(d) Names of all his friends.
4. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
5. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he hurt Trevor.
(b) When he walked away from the fight.
(c) When he was eating candy.
(d) When he started to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
2. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
3. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
4. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
5. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
2. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
3. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
4. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
5. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
6. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
7. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
8. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
9. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
10. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)