|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In their hearts.
(b) In school.
(c) In chuch.
(d) In books.
2. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
3. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
(a) That she had on gloves.
(b) That she already did.
(c) That she doesn't want to.
(d) That she'll do it now.
4. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She sits down and begins to pray.
(b) She turns off the radio.
(c) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(d) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
5. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A purple turtleneck.
(b) A blue dress.
(c) Blue jeans.
(d) Black shirt and skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
2. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
3. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
4. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
5. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
2. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
3. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
4. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
5. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
6. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
7. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
8. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
9. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
10. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)