|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(b) That she hopes it's soon.
(c) She simply nods.
(d) That it always has before.
2. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Names of all his friends.
(b) NY Knicks.
(c) Trevor loves Maribel.
(d) Black Power.
3. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
(b) Reading a comic book.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Scratching his name into his desk.
4. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
5. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Wash her hands.
(b) Mash the potatoes.
(c) Start her homework.
(d) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
2. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
3. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
4. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
5. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
2. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
3. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
4. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
5. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
6. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
7. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
8. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
9. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
10. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)