|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(b) Hand Jive.
(c) I'll Be There.
(d) The Love You Save.
2. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Sitting on God's lap.
(c) The new boy.
(d) Living on the other side of the highway.
3. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Dark blue high heels.
(d) Shiny platform boots.
4. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She apologizes.
(b) She walks out of the room.
(c) She slams a book onto her desk.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
5. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
(b) She turns off the radio.
(c) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(d) She sits down and begins to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
2. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
3. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
4. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
5. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
2. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
3. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
4. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
5. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
6. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
7. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
8. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
9. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
10. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)