|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Still in bed.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Gone to buy muffin mix.
(d) Sitting in the rocker.
2. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(b) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
(c) That he cried when they took him.
(d) Only that his father was very strong.
3. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
(a) Because he's so angry.
(b) Because he can and kids would cheer.
(c) He doesn't say that.
(d) Because it gives him a sense of power.
4. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they're alright.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(d) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
5. What is the sign for Jesus?
(a) Both hand stretched out as if nailed to the cross.
(b) Hands folded together with two fingers pointed up.
(c) Both hands together as if in prayer.
(d) The middle finger touching the opposite palm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
2. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
3. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
4. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
5. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
2. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
3. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
4. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
5. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
6. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
7. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
8. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
9. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
10. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)