|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) Black shirt and skirt.
(b) A purple turtleneck.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) Blue jeans.
2. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(b) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(c) Because the boy pushed her.
(d) Because the boy said hello first.
3. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A laundromat.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A gas station.
4. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
(a) Making threatening gestures.
(b) Walking into the classroom.
(c) Leaning against the fence.
(d) Sitting on the ground
5. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Scare people.
(b) Find someone who'll take him to school.
(c) Get people to not be afraid of him.
(d) Find a new place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
2. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
3. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
4. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
5. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
2. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
3. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
4. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
5. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
6. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
7. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
8. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
9. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
10. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)