|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A theater.
(b) A laundromat.
(c) A diner.
(d) A candy story.
2. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
(a) He writes it on a piece of paper.
(b) He tells Frannie to tell her.
(c) He signs it.
(d) He doesn't respond at all.
3. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Sitting in the rocker.
(c) Still in bed.
(d) Gone to buy muffin mix.
4. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
(a) The principal steps into the hall.
(b) Rayray starts to dance.
(c) The bell rings.
(d) Trevor rushes past.
5. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(b) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
(c) He makes the Black Power sign.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
2. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
3. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
4. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
5. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
2. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
3. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
4. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
5. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
6. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
7. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
8. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
9. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
10. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)