|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
(a) Making pancakes for Sean.
(b) Frying bacon for breakfast.
(c) Frying chicken for dinner.
(d) Making a cake for their father's birthday.
2. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
(a) Walking into the classroom.
(b) Leaning against the fence.
(c) Sitting on the ground
(d) Making threatening gestures.
3. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
(a) Because it gives him a sense of power.
(b) Because he can and kids would cheer.
(c) He doesn't say that.
(d) Because he's so angry.
4. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About three.
(b) About nine.
(c) About five.
(d) About seven.
5. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) Black shirt and skirt.
(b) A purple turtleneck.
(c) Blue jeans.
(d) A blue dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
2. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
3. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
4. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
5. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
2. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
3. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
4. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
5. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
6. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
7. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
8. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
9. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
10. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)