|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
(a) A Hershey bar.
(b) A box of cookies.
(c) A soda.
(d) An order of fries.
2. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
(a) A string from a yo-yo.
(b) The chain he's wearing around his neck.
(c) Red licorice.
(d) A piece of copper wire.
3. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(a) Hamburgers and fries.
(b) Sandwiches and soup.
4. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Shiny platform boots.
(d) Dark blue high heels.
5. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
(b) Start her homework.
(c) Mash the potatoes.
(d) Wash her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
2. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
3. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
4. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
5. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
2. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
3. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
4. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
5. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
6. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
7. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
8. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
9. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
10. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)