|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
(a) Making a cake for their father's birthday.
(b) Frying bacon for breakfast.
(c) Making pancakes for Sean.
(d) Frying chicken for dinner.
2. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Find a new place to live.
(b) Find someone who'll take him to school.
(c) Scare people.
(d) Get people to not be afraid of him.
3. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A laundromat.
4. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Still in bed.
(b) Gone to buy muffin mix.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Sitting in the rocker.
5. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because the boy pushed her.
(b) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(c) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(d) Because the boy said hello first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
2. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
3. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
4. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
5. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
2. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
3. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
4. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
5. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
6. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
7. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
8. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
9. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
10. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)