|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Get people to not be afraid of him.
(b) Find someone who'll take him to school.
(c) Scare people.
(d) Find a new place to live.
2. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(c) Shiny platform boots.
(d) Dark blue high heels.
3. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(b) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(c) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
(d) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
4. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Mash the potatoes.
(b) Wash her hands.
(c) Start her homework.
(d) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
5. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) All the above.
(b) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(c) Look for new graffiti.
(d) Beat the new boy at pinball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
2. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
3. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
4. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
5. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
2. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
3. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
4. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
5. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
6. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
7. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
8. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
9. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
10. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)