|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
(b) Lilacs and coconuts.
(c) Cleaning products.
(d) Her mother's cooking.
2. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) See if Maribel asks for help.
(b) Help her up.
(c) Walk away without doing anything.
3. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) Smoothed down.
(b) In long curls.
(c) In an afro.
(d) In cornrows.
4. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(c) Sandwiches and soup.
(d) Hamburgers and fries.
5. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he walked away from the fight.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he hurt Trevor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
2. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
3. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
4. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
5. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
2. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
3. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
4. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
5. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
6. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
7. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
8. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
9. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
10. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)