|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
(a) Her mother's cooking.
(b) Cleaning products.
(c) Lilacs and coconuts.
2. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) I'll Be There.
(b) Hand Jive.
(c) The Love You Save.
3. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About five.
(b) About three.
(c) About nine.
(d) About seven.
4. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Wash her hands.
(b) Mash the potatoes.
(c) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
(d) Start her homework.
5. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) All the above.
(b) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(c) Beat the new boy at pinball.
(d) Look for new graffiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
2. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
3. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
4. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
5. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
2. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
3. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
4. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
5. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
6. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
7. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
8. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
9. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
10. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)