|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
(a) The doorman.
(b) Samantha's father.
(c) Frannie's mother.
2. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A purple turtleneck.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) Black shirt and skirt.
(d) A blue dress.
3. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
(a) Walking into the classroom.
(b) Leaning against the fence.
(c) Sitting on the ground
(d) Making threatening gestures.
4. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She sits down and begins to pray.
(b) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(c) She turns off the radio.
(d) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
5. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he hurt Trevor.
(b) When he walked away from the fight.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he was eating candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
2. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
3. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
4. How deep is the snow on the ground as Franni and Samantha walk home in chapter sixteen?
5. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
2. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
3. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
4. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
5. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
6. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
7. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
8. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
9. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
10. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)