|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) Something to cherish.
(b) A bridge to something new.
(c) A piece of time
(d) A thing with feathers.
2. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Shiny platform boots.
(b) Dark blue high heels.
(d) Tennis shoes.
3. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) Black shirt and skirt.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A purple turtleneck.
4. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
(b) Watch cartoons.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) Go sledding.
5. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
(a) Takes his knife.
(b) Turns his head away from the window.
(c) Takes the comic book.
(d) Takes his pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
2. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
3. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
4. What had the class studied in geography that day?
5. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
2. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
3. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
4. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
5. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
6. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
7. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
8. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
9. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
10. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)