|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(b) That they could be nail scars.
(c) That it must have hurt a lot.
(d) That she must have scratched a lot.
2. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) Help her up.
(c) Walk away without doing anything.
(d) See if Maribel asks for help.
3. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A bridge to something new.
(b) A piece of time
(c) A thing with feathers.
(d) Something to cherish.
4. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he hurt Trevor.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
5. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(b) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(c) He asks if they're alright.
(d) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
2. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
3. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
4. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
5. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
2. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
3. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
4. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
5. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
6. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
7. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
8. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
9. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
10. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)