|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) Walk away without doing anything.
(b) Help her up.
(c) See if Maribel asks for help.
2. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) Time zones .
(b) African countries.
(c) How to read longitudes .
(d) Weather in other parts of the world.
3. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In school.
(b) In chuch.
(c) In books.
(d) In their hearts.
4. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
(a) Pineapple and roses.
(b) Coconut and lavendar.
(c) Lilies and liniment.
(d) Onions and peppermint.
5. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
(a) Frannie's mother.
(c) The doorman.
(d) Samantha's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
2. What does Samantha say to the new boy when he comes running up to them?
3. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
4. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
5. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
2. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
3. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
4. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
5. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
6. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
7. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
8. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
9. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
10. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)