|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(a) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Sandwiches and soup.
2. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Names of all his friends.
(b) Trevor loves Maribel.
(c) Black Power.
(d) NY Knicks.
3. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
(a) Red licorice.
(b) The chain he's wearing around his neck.
(c) A piece of copper wire.
(d) A string from a yo-yo.
4. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
(a) In Sean's lap.
(b) In her grandmother's lap.
(c) On the coffee table facing her grandmother.
(d) On the arm of the couch.
5. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) That it always has before.
(b) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(c) She simply nods.
(d) That she hopes it's soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
2. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
3. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
4. What is the sign for Jesus?
5. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
2. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
3. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
4. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
5. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
6. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
7. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
8. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
9. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
10. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)