|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) Time zones .
(b) Weather in other parts of the world.
(c) African countries.
(d) How to read longitudes .
2. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About nine.
(b) About seven.
(c) About five.
(d) About three.
3. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) A book.
(b) Money for an after-school snack
(c) Her backpack.
(d) A toy.
4. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Still in bed.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Gone to buy groceries.
(d) Sitting in the rocker.
5. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(b) The hood from her jacket.
(d) Rabbit fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
2. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
3. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
4. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
5. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
2. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
3. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
4. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
5. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
6. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
7. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
8. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
9. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
10. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)