|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(b) That they could be nail scars.
(c) That it must have hurt a lot.
(d) That she must have scratched a lot.
2. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
3. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
(a) Blue pajamas.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) Shorts and a tank top.
4. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(b) All the above.
(c) Look for new graffiti.
(d) Beat the new boy at pinball.
5. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(b) Sandwiches and soup.
(d) Hamburgers and fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
2. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
3. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
4. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
5. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
2. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
3. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
4. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
5. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
6. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
7. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
8. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
9. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
10. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)