|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) She simply nods.
(b) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(c) That she hopes it's soon.
(d) That it always has before.
2. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(b) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
(c) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(d) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
3. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
(b) That he hasn't yet decided.
(c) That he has nowhere else to go.
(d) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
4. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
(b) All three girls.
5. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
(b) She sits down and begins to pray.
(c) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(d) She turns off the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign for Jesus?
2. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
3. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
4. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
5. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Frannie writes on her paper as part of her assignment in chapter eighteen?
2. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
3. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
4. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
5. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
6. What does Sean explain to Frannie about the bridges and what they mean for his ability to talk to hearing girls?
7. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
8. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
9. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
10. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)