|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(b) The Love You Save.
(c) Hand Jive.
(d) I'll Be There.
2. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
3. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
(a) They are afraid of slipping on the ice.
(b) They hope Rayray and the new boy will catch up with them.
(c) They are sharing a candy bar.
(d) They want to talk.
4. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That she must have scratched a lot.
(b) That they could be nail scars.
(c) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(d) That it must have hurt a lot.
5. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A candy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep is the snow on the ground as Franni and Samantha walk home in chapter sixteen?
2. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
3. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
4. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
5. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
2. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
3. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
4. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
5. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
6. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
7. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
8. What does Frannie say about the new boy hurting Trevor's feelings and what that proves?
9. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
10. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)