|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
2. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About three.
(b) About five.
(c) About seven.
(d) About nine.
3. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In their hearts.
(b) In books.
(c) In chuch.
(d) In school.
4. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
5. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Jesus loves me, this I know.
(c) Hand Jive.
(d) I'll Be There.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
2. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
3. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
4. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
5. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reactions of Trevor and Frannie after Ms. Johnson reads the poem about hope being a thing with feathers?
2. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
3. What does Frannie think she might do on the Saturday she's planning to go to the rec center, and why does she hope Samantha might go with her?
4. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
5. What does Frannie say about her mother's rule regarding sugar and what does she do to break that rule? What are the consequences?
6. Describe the scene on Saturday morning when Frannie and Sean first get out of bed.
7. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
8. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
9. Describe the conversation that takes place after Sean arrives home from school.
10. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)