|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) Isaac Hayes.
(c) Lionel Richey.
(d) Smokey Robinson.
2. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
(a) Says she tore it on the fence at school.
(b) Says she wonders how it happened.
(c) Puts her hand in her pocket.
3. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In their hearts.
(b) In books.
(c) In chuch.
(d) In school.
4. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
(a) That she'll do it now.
(b) That she doesn't want to.
(c) That she already did.
(d) That she had on gloves.
5. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(a) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
(b) Only that his father was very strong.
(c) That he cried when they took him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
2. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
3. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
4. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
5. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
2. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the new boy about where he might have learned to sign.
3. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
4. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
5. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
6. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
7. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
8. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
9. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
10. Describe Grandma's attitude about sign language, how she communicates with Sean and what Frannie thinks about it.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)