|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They become very quiet.
(b) They catch their breaths.
(c) They don't react at all.
(d) They laugh.
2. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
(a) At a white school.
(b) At a special-needs school.
(c) At a private school.
(d) At a church.
3. Why is the class cheering that morning?
(a) They're going to be allowed to go outside.
(b) They are getting a free period .
(c) They will have tacos for lunch.
(d) They're getting a new student.
4. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
(a) Because he's rich.
(b) Because he's white.
(c) Because he's not very smart.
(d) Because he's poor.
5. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
(a) Eating cereal.
(b) Cleaning the bathroom.
(c) Watching her mother sleep.
(d) Talking on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Frannie start school a month late one year?
2. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
3. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
4. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
5. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
2. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
3. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
4. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
5. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
6. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
7. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
8. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
9. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
10. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)