|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
(a) Across town.
(b) Near Samantha's house.
(c) Across the street from the school.
(d) Around the corner from their house.
2. Why is the class cheering that morning?
(a) They are getting a free period .
(b) They will have tacos for lunch.
(c) They're going to be allowed to go outside.
(d) They're getting a new student.
3. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) She wouldn't fit in because she doesn't have nice clothes.
(b) They are different religions.
(c) She isn't good enough or bad enough.
(d) The two families have had a falling out.
4. What does Samantha say is the shortest verse in the Bible?
(a) Jesus wept.
(c) And then He died.
(d) The water turned to wine.
5. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Butter and water.
(b) Salt and water.
(c) Water and cheese.
(d) Water and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
2. Who does Frannie's father work for?
3. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
4. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
5. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
2. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
3. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
4. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
5. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
6. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
7. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
8. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
9. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
10. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)