|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's storming.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's hot.
2. What grade is Frannie in?
3. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
(a) That they would call him Jesus.
(b) That they would teach him to fit in.
(c) That they wouldn't notice that he's white.
(d) That they would be nice.
4. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They don't react at all.
(b) They become very quiet.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They catch their breaths.
5. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) Sean picked the name.
(b) After Frannie's father's sister.
(c) After her mother's favorite flower.
(d) After her mother's great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
2. Why is Trevor absent on the second day after the new boy arrives?
3. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
4. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
5. What is Daddy's answer when he's asked to name the prettiest place he's ever seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
2. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
3. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
4. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
5. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
6. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
7. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
8. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
9. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
10. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)