|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Frannie in?
2. What is Rayray's real name?
(a) Raymond Reyson..
(b) Gary Gray.
3. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) He doesn't remember.
(b) His mother was deaf.
(c) He attended the Daffodil school.
(d) His father was deaf.
4. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
(a) She asks where he saw them.
(b) That everyone says that.
(c) That Sean is beautiful and she isn't.
(d) She says they aren't really brother and sister.
5. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie note about the front of her turtleneck sweater?
2. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
3. What is Frannie's real first name?
4. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
5. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
2. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
3. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
4. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
5. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
6. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
7. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
8. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
9. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
10. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)