|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) An old-fashioned counter .
(b) A stack of boxes.
(c) A fire place.
(d) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
2. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) It's storming.
(d) It's hot.
3. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
(a) That she'll talk to her grandmother about it.
(b) That she'll talk to Sean about it.
(c) That she'll go to church more and listen to her grandmother.
(d) That she'll find out who the new boy really is.
4. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
(a) To a burger place for lunch.
(b) To buy groceries.
(c) To Frannie's grandmother's house.
(d) To the park.
5. Where does the new boy sit?
(a) Near the back.
(b) Just in front of Frannie.
(c) Near the front.
(d) Next to Frannie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Frannie's school?
2. What does he do with what he pulls from his pocket?
3. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
4. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
5. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
2. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
3. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
4. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
5. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
6. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
7. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
8. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
9. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
10. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)