|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha say is the shortest verse in the Bible?
(b) And then He died.
(c) The water turned to wine.
(d) Jesus wept.
2. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(a) Jump rope.
(b) Down, down baby.
3. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
(a) He'd seen her signing with Sean.
(b) He signs all the time.
(c) Trevor told him Frannie's brother is deaf.
(d) He doesn't know.
4. Where does the new boy sit?
(a) Just in front of Frannie.
(b) Near the front.
(c) Near the back.
(d) Next to Frannie.
5. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He'd share information about blacks.
(b) He'd buy a fancy car.
(c) He'd get to know people.
(d) He doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
2. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
3. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
4. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
5. What is Rayray's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
2. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
3. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
4. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
5. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
6. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
7. What does Frannie remember about the baby that didn't "thrive", and what is another memory of someone using that word?
8. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
9. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
10. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)