|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Starts to run.
(b) Waves to some friends.
(c) Pushes Sean.
(d) Catches snowflakes.
2. What are the three things Sean does very well?
(a) Play basketball, do science and make macaroni and cheese.
(b) Play football, do geography and sign.
(c) Play basketball, do math and season chicken.
(d) Play baseball, do math and fry chicken.
3. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just before third period.
(b) Just after lunchtime.
(c) Just before lunchtime.
(d) Just as the class begins.
4. What time does Frannie get home from school?
(a) About four-thirty.
(b) About four o'clock.
(c) About three o'clock.
(d) About two-thirty.
5. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(a) Jump rope.
(b) Down, down baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maribel say her mama was mad about the new boy's purchase the previous day?
2. What happens when Frannie touches the surface of the tiny creek with her boot?
3. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
4. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
5. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
2. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
3. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
4. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
5. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
6. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
7. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
8. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
9. How was Trevor injured?
10. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)