|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word Samantha uses to describe the new boy showing up at their school?
2. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
(a) The date.
(b) Her wish for something new to happen.
(c) The day's assignments.
(d) Her brother's name.
3. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
(a) Watching her mother sleep.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Cleaning the bathroom.
(d) Eating cereal.
4. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since Christmas.
(b) Since kindergarten.
(c) Since first grade.
(d) Since the first of the school year.
5. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They don't react at all.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They catch their breaths.
(d) They become very quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
2. What time does Frannie get home from school?
3. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
4. Which street does Samantha take when the girls reach the corner where they go separate ways?
5. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
2. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
3. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
4. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
5. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
6. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
7. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
8. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
9. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
10. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)