|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the new boy sit?
(a) Near the front.
(b) Next to Frannie.
(c) Near the back.
(d) Just in front of Frannie.
2. Who does Frannie's father work for?
(a) Interdevelopment Corporation.
(b) Indiana Department of Education.
(c) Interstate Moving.
(d) Inner City Teachers Coalition.
3. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
(a) The date.
(b) The day's assignments.
(c) Her wish for something new to happen.
(d) Her brother's name.
4. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) After her mother's great-grandmother.
(b) After her mother's favorite flower.
(c) Sean picked the name.
(d) After Frannie's father's sister.
5. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
(a) To the park.
(b) To buy groceries.
(c) To a burger place for lunch.
(d) To Frannie's grandmother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
2. What is the word Samantha uses to describe the new boy showing up at their school?
3. What does Mama say surreal means?
4. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
5. What happens when Frannie touches the surface of the tiny creek with her boot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
2. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
3. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
4. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
5. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
6. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
7. How was Trevor injured?
8. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
9. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
10. What does Samantha say about believing in something as she and Frannie are walking home together in chapter sixteen?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)