|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
(a) No, I'm not deaf.
(b) Are you stupid?
(c) Leave me alone
(d) Why are you so mean?
2. What grade is Frannie in?
3. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
(a) Stupid and Stupider.
(b) Flip and Flop.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jesus.
(d) A cute couple.
4. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
(a) Frannie doesn't remember.
5. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) His father was deaf.
(b) His mother was deaf.
(c) He attended the Daffodil school.
(d) He doesn't remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
2. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
3. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
4. Who is the first to ask the new boy's name?
5. Which street does Samantha take when the girls reach the corner where they go separate ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Trevor injured?
2. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
3. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
4. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
5. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
6. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
7. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
8. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
9. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
10. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)