|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Lila and two others.
(b) Lila and one other.
(c) Lila and three others.
(d) Just Lila.
2. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
(a) That she'll find out who the new boy really is.
(b) That she'll talk to her grandmother about it.
(c) That she'll talk to Sean about it.
(d) That she'll go to church more and listen to her grandmother.
3. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
(a) To wash dishes and put them away.
(b) To clean up the living room and her bedroom.
(c) To get her homework finished.
(d) To dry the dishes and wipe everything down.
4. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since first grade.
(b) Since kindergarten.
(c) Since Christmas.
(d) Since the first of the school year.
5. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That it makes her a good teacher.
(b) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(c) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rayray's real name?
2. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
3. Where does the new boy sit?
4. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
5. What does Mama call the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
2. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
3. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
4. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
5. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
6. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
7. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
8. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
9. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
10. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)