|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
(a) Parks and swings.
(b) A giant with a marker.
(c) Gangs .
(d) Hatred and violence.
2. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
(a) It's storming.
(b) It's hot.
(c) It's raining.
(d) It's snowing.
3. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) He's younger.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) His school is for students with special needs.
(d) He's older.
4. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
(a) That she wished something new would happen.
(b) The year she'd missed a month of school.
(c) That she hopes no one new shows up to their class.
(d) That she wishes it would stop raining so much.
5. Who does Frannie's father work for?
(a) Interdevelopment Corporation.
(b) Interstate Moving.
(c) Indiana Department of Education.
(d) Inner City Teachers Coalition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
2. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
3. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
4. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
5. What grade is Frannie in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
2. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
3. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
4. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
5. What do Sean, Frannie and Mama do on Saturday morning?
6. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
7. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
8. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
9. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
10. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)