Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
(a) She hadn't wanted to see him lose.
(b) It was hot and stinky in there.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) She'd wanted to catch up with the new boy.
2. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Water and cheese.
(b) Salt and water.
(c) Butter and water.
(d) Water and milk.
3. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
(a) In an afro.
(b) In a bun.
(c) In braids.
4. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
(a) A giant with a marker.
(b) Parks and swings.
(c) Gangs .
(d) Hatred and violence.
5. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Lila and three others.
(b) Lila and two others.
(c) Just Lila.
(d) Lila and one other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Trevor absent on the second day after the new boy arrives?
2. What does Samantha's father do?
3. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
4. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
5. What does the boy say is the reason he and his family left their home on the other side of the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument that happens between the new boy and Trevor that makes Trevor so angry?
2. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
3. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
4. What does Rayray say about no longer being afraid of Trevor after he swings at the new boy?
5. Describe the one fight Frannie says she's had.
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What does Frannie mean when she says "Mr. Hungry is here?"
8. Describe what happens when Trevor begins harassing the new boy again on Monday.
9. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
10. What does Frannie decide to write about and what is her opening sentence?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)