|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very old.
(b) He's black.
(c) He's very young.
(d) He's very tall.
2. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) A fire place.
(b) A stack of boxes.
(c) An old-fashioned counter .
(d) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
3. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
(a) A giant with a marker.
(b) Parks and swings.
(c) Gangs .
(d) Hatred and violence.
4. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) He's older.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) He's younger.
(d) His school is for students with special needs.
5. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) After her mother's great-grandmother.
(b) After Frannie's father's sister.
(c) Sean picked the name.
(d) After her mother's favorite flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
2. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
3. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
4. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
5. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy say when Frannie asks what it was like to live on the other side of the highway.
2. What does the new boy say about Trevor's need to be mean to others. What does Trevor do in chapter eighteen that's mean to Frannie and what is the reaction?
3. What is Frannie's response when Samantha asks why Frannie helped Trevor up?
4. What is Frannie's response when Samantha says that Rayray was right when he said Jesus would not come to Price School?
5. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
6. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
7. Describe the conversation that takes place when the new boy catches up with Frannie and Samantha as they're walking home from school in chapter twenty-one.
8. Describe what had happened when Frannie was at Samantha's for dinner and asked for chicken.
9. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
10. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)