|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They catch their breaths.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They don't react at all.
(d) They become very quiet.
2. In the poem Frannie mentions, what is hope like?
(a) A ship.
(d) A bird.
3. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
(a) She'd wanted to catch up with the new boy.
(b) It was hot and stinky in there.
(c) She hadn't wanted to see him lose.
(d) She doesn't say.
4. What does Frannie note about the front of her turtleneck sweater?
(a) It has a small hole.
(b) It has a peace sign.
(c) It's a deep purple color.
(d) She has a stain on it.
5. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
(a) Why are you so mean?
(b) No, I'm not deaf.
(c) Are you stupid?
(d) Leave me alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
2. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
3. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
4. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
5. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
2. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
3. What are the scars on Frannie's hands, where did they come from and what does her mother do to them sometimes?
4. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
5. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
6. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
7. What does Frannie argue when Samantha says that Jesus might have chosen to come to Price at this time because there's a war going on?
8. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
9. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
10. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)