|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
2. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
(a) It's already dark with no stars.
(b) There's too much smog to see the sky.
(c) It's clear and crisp.
(d) There are dark clouds.
3. When do Frannie's mom and dad begin attending church?
(a) They've always attended.
(b) After Lila's death.
(c) When they married.
(d) After they discovered that Sean was deaf.
4. What does one of Sean's friends sign to him when Frannie walks in?
(a) Babysitting time.
(b) Your sister's here.
(c) She's cute.
(d) Who's that girl?
5. What does the boy say is the reason he and his family left their home on the other side of the highway?
(a) That he'd wanted to know how blacks lived.
(b) That they couldn't afford to live there.
(c) That he hated the school.
(d) That it was difficult for his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Frannie get home from school?
2. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
3. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
4. What does Mama say about the poem when Frannie tells her about it?
5. What does the boy pull from his pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
2. How was Trevor injured?
3. What are the scars on Frannie's hands, where did they come from and what does her mother do to them sometimes?
4. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
5. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
6. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
7. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
8. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
9. What does Frannie say about miracles and what is the miracle that happens in her own life?
10. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)