|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Frannie get home from school?
(a) About four o'clock.
(b) About three o'clock.
(c) About four-thirty.
(d) About two-thirty.
2. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
(a) The new boy.
(b) Maribel Tanks.
3. What color is the rec center?
(b) A lot of different colors.
4. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) On the swings.
(b) Next to a large tree.
(c) Near the fence.
(d) On the slide.
5. What does he do with what he pulls from his pocket?
(a) Puts it in the trash.
(b) Gives it to Ms. Johnson.
(c) Shakes Ms. Johnson's hand.
(d) Drops it on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Frannie start school a month late one year?
2. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
3. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
4. Who does Frannie's father work for?
5. Who does Frannie and Daddy pass as they are leaving their building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
2. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
3. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
4. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
5. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
6. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
7. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
8. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
9. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
10. What does Frannie remember about the baby that didn't "thrive", and what is another memory of someone using that word?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)