|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
(a) That everyone says that.
(b) She says they aren't really brother and sister.
(c) That Sean is beautiful and she isn't.
(d) She asks where he saw them.
2. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
(a) Because he's poor.
(b) Because he's white.
(c) Because he's rich.
(d) Because he's not very smart.
3. Why is the class cheering that morning?
(a) They will have tacos for lunch.
(b) They are getting a free period .
(c) They're going to be allowed to go outside.
(d) They're getting a new student.
4. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He'd get to know people.
(b) He'd buy a fancy car.
(c) He'd share information about blacks.
(d) He doesn't know.
5. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A cleaner's .
(b) An auto supply store.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A candy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
2. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
3. What does Frannie note about the front of her turtleneck sweater?
4. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
5. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
2. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
3. What does Frannie remember about the baby that didn't "thrive", and what is another memory of someone using that word?
4. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
5. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
6. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
7. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
8. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
9. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
10. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)