|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) After her mother's great-grandmother.
(b) Sean picked the name.
(c) After her mother's favorite flower.
(d) After Frannie's father's sister.
2. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
3. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
4. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A cleaner's .
(b) An auto supply store.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A grocery store.
5. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very old.
(b) He's black.
(c) He's very young.
(d) He's very tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to ask the new boy's name?
2. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
3. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
4. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
5. What grade is Frannie in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
2. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
3. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
4. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
5. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
6. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
7. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
8. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
9. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
10. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)