|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very young.
(b) He's black.
(c) He's very old.
(d) He's very tall.
2. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He signs all the time.
(c) He'd seen her signing with Sean.
(d) Trevor told him Frannie's brother is deaf.
3. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
(a) That she won't tell him.
(b) That she plans to tell him after supper.
(c) That she's already told him.
(d) That she plans to tell him as soon as he gets home.
4. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) A fire place.
(b) An old-fashioned counter .
(c) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
(d) A stack of boxes.
5. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just before third period.
(b) Just after lunchtime.
(c) Just before lunchtime.
(d) Just as the class begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frannie's father work for?
2. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
3. What grade is Frannie in?
4. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
5. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
2. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
3. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
4. Describe the conversation between Sean and Frannie as they begin cooking dinner.
5. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
6. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
7. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
8. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
9. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
10. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)