|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
(a) A cute couple.
(b) Stupid and Stupider.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jesus.
(d) Flip and Flop.
2. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
(a) There's too much smog to see the sky.
(b) There are dark clouds.
(c) It's clear and crisp.
(d) It's already dark with no stars.
3. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
4. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
(a) She grasps his arm with her other hand as well.
(b) She knows she's too big to hold hands but lets him.
(c) She lets herself fall back so that he catches her.
(d) She pulls away.
5. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) He doesn't remember.
(b) His father was deaf.
(c) He attended the Daffodil school.
(d) His mother was deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
2. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
3. What does Mama say about the poem when Frannie tells her about it?
4. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
5. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about how quickly she's growing up?
2. What does Frannie discover when the new boy's father walks into the rec center and what are the reactions of Frannie and Trevor.
3. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
4. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
5. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
6. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
7. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
8. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
9. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
10. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)