|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They catch their breaths.
(c) They don't react at all.
(d) They become very quiet.
2. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
(a) There's too much smog to see the sky.
(b) It's already dark with no stars.
(c) There are dark clouds.
(d) It's clear and crisp.
3. Where does the new boy sit?
(a) Near the front.
(b) Just in front of Frannie.
(c) Near the back.
(d) Next to Frannie.
4. What does Mama say when Frannie says that she feels as if the world is slipping away from her?
(a) That she shouldn't feel that way.
(b) That it's growing pains.
(c) That everyone feels that.
(d) That she should pray about it.
5. Why is the class cheering that morning?
(a) They are getting a free period .
(b) They're getting a new student.
(c) They're going to be allowed to go outside.
(d) They will have tacos for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
2. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
3. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
4. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
5. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
2. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
3. What does Frannie remember about the baby that didn't "thrive", and what is another memory of someone using that word?
4. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
5. What does Frannie note about Samantha's manners and what happens at the table to make her take note of them?
6. What does Daddy tell Frannie about her worry over her mother and the new baby?
7. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
8. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
9. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
10. What are the scars on Frannie's hands, where did they come from and what does her mother do to them sometimes?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)