|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
(a) Jesus wouldn't have the power to stop them.
(b) Jesus could stop them without coming to earth.
(c) Dorothy, Toto.
(d) There have always been hurricanes and tornadoes.
2. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) Next to a large tree.
(b) Near the fence.
(c) On the swings.
(d) On the slide.
3. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His even teeth.
(c) His long legs.
(d) His hair.
4. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) Trevor told him Frannie's brother is deaf.
(c) He'd seen her signing with Sean.
(d) He signs all the time.
5. Who does Frannie's father work for?
(a) Interdevelopment Corporation.
(b) Indiana Department of Education.
(c) Interstate Moving.
(d) Inner City Teachers Coalition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
2. Where is Trevor sitting?
3. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
4. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
5. What color is Samantha's coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
2. What does Frannie say about the new boy's appearance as he looks around the room?
3. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
4. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
5. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
6. What does Frannie say about their parents decision not to have an operation that might have made Sean hear and about what her mother sometimes does to Sean's ears?
7. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
8. What does Frannie say about Trevor's reputation and the way other children felt about him?
9. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
10. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)