|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frannie and Daddy pass as they are leaving their building?
(a) A little boy bouncing a ball .
(b) A mother pushing a stroller with twins inside.
(c) An old man looking for the key to his mailbox.
(d) The weekend doorman.
2. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) On the swings.
(b) Near the fence.
(c) On the slide.
(d) Next to a large tree.
3. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
(a) A cry of pain.
(b) A sob.
(c) A giggle.
(d) A sigh.
4. What does Mama call the library?
(a) A waste of space.
(b) Day care center.
(c) The book place.
(d) A magical place.
5. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
2. What does Frannie's father have when he arrives at home?
3. When does the new boy walk into the class?
4. What does one of Sean's friends sign to him when Frannie walks in?
5. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
2. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
3. What are the reactions of Samantha and Maribel when the new boy signs to answer the question posed by Trevor and Rayray?
4. What does Frannie say about her grandmother, her church attendance and her Bible?
5. What are some of the things Frannie says she would ask Jesus if she met Him?
6. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
7. Describe what Frannie sees at the corner of North Conduit and Eastbay Road.
8. What does Frannie say about Sean's ability to dance and how she sometimes wished she could live in silence.
9. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
10. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)