|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
(a) Are you deaf?
(b) Are you stupid?
(c) Talk or I'll hit you!
(d) Why aren't you talking?
2. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
(a) It's already dark with no stars.
(b) It's clear and crisp.
(c) There's too much smog to see the sky.
(d) There are dark clouds.
3. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Jesus Boy.
(b) Can't Talk.
(c) Hey You.
(d) No Name.
4. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
(a) The new boy was with them.
(c) They usually walked a different route.
(d) They were very quiet.
5. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A cleaner's .
(c) A candy store.
(d) An auto supply store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
2. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
3. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
4. What does the boy pull from his pocket?
5. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frannie say some people might see if they looked into her neighborhood and what does she think about her neighborhood?
2. What do Frannie and Samantha say about the fact that the new boy is white and Samantha's idea that he might be Jesus?
3. What is Frannie's mother's interpretation of the poem about hope, and what does Sean say about it?
4. What does Maribel say about the lunch and what is the comparison she makes to another cafeteria?
5. Describe the conversation between Frannie and the girls who are watching Sean play basketball.
6. How was Trevor injured?
7. What does the new boy reveal about himself, where his family had been prior to his arrival at Price, and why he'd moved to Price?
8. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
9. What does the new boy ask when Ms. Johnson tells the class to write about an important day in their lives?
10. Describe the conversation between Samantha and Frannie when Samantha tells Frannie about her dream.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)