|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie's father have when he arrives at home?
2. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(a) Frannie is actually older.
(b) Three and a hald.
(d) Two and a half.
3. What happens when Frannie touches the surface of the tiny creek with her boot?
(a) She slips and almost falls in.
(b) The ice cracks.
(c) Her shoe gets wet.
(d) The ripples spread out and fade away.
4. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Starts to run.
(b) Waves to some friends.
(c) Pushes Sean.
(d) Catches snowflakes.
5. Where is the church Frannie's parents attend?
(a) Near Samantha's house.
(b) Across town.
(c) Around the corner from their house.
(d) Across the street from the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the rec center?
2. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
3. Who does Frannie's father work for?
4. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
5. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's reaction to the news that her mother is expecting another baby?
2. What did Frannie's parents begin doing after Lila's death and what is the significance of this action?
3. What does Frannie say about her memories of the year she'd started school a month late?
4. What's Frannie's reaction to Trevor's injury?
5. What is the game Sean and Frannie sometimes play about sounds and give one example of their game.
6. How does Frannie describe the new boy's voice on his first morning in the class room, and why does the class react to it?
7. What does Frannie say about Trevor's appearance and what this means about his ethnicity?
8. What does Frannie say is the sign for "believe" and why does she think it's appropriate?
9. Why does Frannie sit down near Maribel and what does she think about Maribel?
10. What does Frannie say about her hair and her mother's one attempt to change it?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)