|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Living on the other side of the highway.
(b) Sitting on God's lap.
(c) The new boy.
2. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
(a) Can I help?
(b) Why are you up?
(c) What did the doctor say?
(d) What's for dinner?
3. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) Smoothed down.
(b) In an afro.
(c) In long curls.
(d) In cornrows.
4. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
(a) A box of cookies.
(b) A soda.
(c) An order of fries.
(d) A Hershey bar.
5. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That they could be nail scars.
(b) That it must have hurt a lot.
(c) That she must have scratched a lot.
(d) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
6. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
7. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) That it always has before.
(b) That she hopes it's soon.
(c) She simply nods.
(d) She says she doesn't believe it will.
8. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(a) The hood from her jacket.
(d) Rabbit fur.
9. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
(a) Pineapple and roses.
(b) Onions and peppermint.
(c) Coconut and lavendar.
(d) Lilies and liniment.
10. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
(a) The photo of Lila.
(b) A drawing Frannie made in art class.
(c) Frannie's first grade school picture.
(d) A painting of Jesus and some children .
11. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
(a) A foot kick at her.
(b) The fear that something will happen to the baby.
(c) The fear of the coming changes.
(d) The fear that something will happen to Mama.
12. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Sitting in the rocker.
(b) Gone to buy groceries.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Still in bed.
13. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
14. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(a) That he cried when they took him.
(b) Only that his father was very strong.
(d) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
15. What does Samantha say to the new boy when he comes running up to them?
(b) What's your problem.
(c) Why were you mean to Trevor.
(d) Hey yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
2. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
3. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
4. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
5. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)