|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Sitting in the rocker.
(b) Still in bed.
(c) Gone to buy groceries.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
2. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
(a) That you have to find a way to work through it.
(b) That it happens to everyone.
(c) That she's never seen it happen.
(d) That it doesn't exist.
3. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) All the above.
(b) Look for new graffiti.
(c) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(d) Beat the new boy at pinball.
4. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) In long curls.
(b) Smoothed down.
(c) In an afro.
(d) In cornrows.
5. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
(a) We all wear clothes.
(b) We all walk in snow.
(c) We were all babies once.
(d) We all attend Price School.
6. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About three.
(b) About nine.
(c) About five.
(d) About seven.
7. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(b) Walk away without doing anything.
(c) Help her up.
(d) See if Maribel asks for help.
8. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
9. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
(a) Everyone turns away.
(b) Everyone gets quiet.
(c) Everyone begins to shout.
(d) Everyone moves closer .
10. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
(a) That there should be many more babies .
(b) That there shouldn't be another baby.
(c) That the new baby will be a welcome change to the family.
(d) That she's still the baby for a little while longer.
11. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Living on the other side of the highway.
(b) Sitting on God's lap.
(d) The new boy.
12. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
(a) Big baby.
(b) You'll hurt the baby.
(c) You're too old for that.
(d) You'll hurt Mama.
13. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they're alright.
(b) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(c) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(d) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
14. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
(a) They are afraid of slipping on the ice.
(b) They hope Rayray and the new boy will catch up with them.
(c) They want to talk.
(d) They are sharing a candy bar.
15. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A diner.
(c) A theater.
(d) A candy story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
2. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
3. What is the sign for Jesus?
4. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
5. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)