|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they're alright.
(d) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
2. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Hand Jive.
(c) I'll Be There.
(d) Jesus loves me, this I know.
3. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
(a) Go sledding.
(b) Go to the park.
(c) Watch cartoons.
4. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
(b) That he hasn't yet decided.
(c) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
(d) That he has nowhere else to go.
5. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She rolls her eyes.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She slams a book onto her desk.
(d) She walks out of the room.
6. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Shiny platform boots.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Dark blue high heels.
7. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
(a) Reading a comic book.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Scratching his name into his desk.
8. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
(a) That she's still the baby for a little while longer.
(b) That there shouldn't be another baby.
(c) That the new baby will be a welcome change to the family.
(d) That there should be many more babies .
9. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She sits down and begins to pray.
(b) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(c) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
(d) She turns off the radio.
10. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
11. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
12. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
(a) Takes his knife.
(b) Takes his pencil.
(c) Turns his head away from the window.
(d) Takes the comic book.
13. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because the boy pushed her.
(b) Because the boy said hello first.
(c) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(d) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
14. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In books.
(b) In their hearts.
(c) In school.
(d) In chuch.
15. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(b) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
(c) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(d) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
2. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
3. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
4. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
5. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)