|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Sitting on God's lap.
(c) The new boy.
(d) Living on the other side of the highway.
2. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Dark blue high heels.
(d) Shiny platform boots.
3. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
(a) A piece of copper wire.
(b) A string from a yo-yo.
(c) Red licorice.
(d) The chain he's wearing around his neck.
4. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
5. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
(a) Everyone begins to shout.
(b) Everyone moves closer .
(c) Everyone turns away.
(d) Everyone gets quiet.
6. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
(a) Turns his head away from the window.
(b) Takes the comic book.
(c) Takes his pencil.
(d) Takes his knife.
7. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Trevor loves Maribel.
(b) NY Knicks.
(c) Black Power.
(d) Names of all his friends.
8. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She walks out of the room.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She slams a book onto her desk.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
9. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
10. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About five.
(b) About seven.
(c) About nine.
(d) About three.
11. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
(b) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(c) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(d) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
12. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
(a) Her mother's cooking.
(c) Cleaning products.
(d) Lilacs and coconuts.
13. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
(a) If she was going to Heaven.
(b) If Lila was okay.
(c) If there would ever be another spring time.
(d) If Sean would find a girlfriend who wasn't deaf.
14. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Mash the potatoes.
(b) Wash her hands.
(c) Start her homework.
(d) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
15. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) Weather in other parts of the world.
(b) African countries.
(c) How to read longitudes .
(d) Time zones .
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
2. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
3. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
4. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
5. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)