|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he hurt Trevor.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
2. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
(a) The fear of the coming changes.
(b) A foot kick at her.
(c) The fear that something will happen to the baby.
(d) The fear that something will happen to Mama.
3. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Trevor loves Maribel.
(b) Names of all his friends.
(c) Black Power.
(d) NY Knicks.
4. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(a) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
(c) That he cried when they took him.
(d) Only that his father was very strong.
5. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Sitting in the rocker.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Still in bed.
(d) Gone to buy groceries.
6. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
(a) Watch cartoons.
(b) Go sledding.
(d) Go to the park.
7. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
8. What does Samantha say to the new boy when he comes running up to them?
(a) Why were you mean to Trevor.
(b) Hey yourself.
(c) What's your problem.
9. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Look for new graffiti.
(b) All the above.
(c) Beat the new boy at pinball.
(d) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
10. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A candy story.
(c) A diner.
(d) A theater.
11. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
(a) That it doesn't exist.
(b) That she's never seen it happen.
(c) That you have to find a way to work through it.
(d) That it happens to everyone.
12. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
(a) The doorman.
(c) Samantha's father.
(d) Frannie's mother.
13. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
(a) Takes his pencil.
(b) Turns his head away from the window.
(c) Takes the comic book.
(d) Takes his knife.
14. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) Lionel Richey.
(c) Smokey Robinson.
(d) Isaac Hayes.
15. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
(c) All three girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the class studied in geography that day?
2. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
3. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
4. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
5. What is the sign for Jesus?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)