|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
(a) No one.
(c) Frannie and Samantha.
(d) Frannie and the new boy.
2. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) How to read longitudes .
(b) African countries.
(c) Weather in other parts of the world.
(d) Time zones .
3. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(b) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(c) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
(d) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
4. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) She simply nods.
(b) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(c) That it always has before.
(d) That she hopes it's soon.
5. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She slams a book onto her desk.
(b) She walks out of the room.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
6. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
(a) Everyone begins to shout.
(b) Everyone moves closer .
(c) Everyone gets quiet.
(d) Everyone turns away.
7. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In their hearts.
(b) In school.
(c) In chuch.
(d) In books.
8. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Beat the new boy at pinball.
(b) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(c) All the above.
(d) Look for new graffiti.
9. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
(a) Takes the comic book.
(b) Takes his knife.
(c) Turns his head away from the window.
(d) Takes his pencil.
10. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(b) That they could be nail scars.
(c) That she must have scratched a lot.
(d) That it must have hurt a lot.
11. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Shiny platform boots.
(d) Dark blue high heels.
12. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(d) He asks if they're alright.
13. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) In long curls.
(b) In cornrows.
(c) Smoothed down.
(d) In an afro.
14. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
(a) Making a cake for their father's birthday.
(b) Frying bacon for breakfast.
(c) Frying chicken for dinner.
(d) Making pancakes for Sean.
15. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A diner.
(c) A candy story.
(d) A theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
2. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
3. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
4. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
5. What does Samantha say to the new boy when he comes running up to them?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)