|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
(a) Reading a comic book.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Scratching his name into his desk.
2. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
(a) The doorman.
(b) Samantha's father.
(c) Frannie's mother.
3. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
(a) You'll hurt the baby.
(b) You'll hurt Mama.
(c) You're too old for that.
(d) Big baby.
4. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
(b) Mash the potatoes.
(c) Wash her hands.
(d) Start her homework.
5. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A candy story.
(c) A theater.
(d) A diner.
6. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She walks out of the room.
(b) She slams a book onto her desk.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
7. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
(a) Lilacs and coconuts.
(c) Cleaning products.
(d) Her mother's cooking.
8. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) In cornrows.
(b) Smoothed down.
(c) In an afro.
(d) In long curls.
9. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That it must have hurt a lot.
(b) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(c) That they could be nail scars.
(d) That she must have scratched a lot.
10. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(a) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
(c) Only that his father was very strong.
(d) That he cried when they took him.
11. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
(a) Pretzels and cheese.
(c) Peanut butter and jelly.
(d) Pickles and salt.
12. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In school.
(b) In chuch.
(c) In books.
(d) In their hearts.
13. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
(a) Laughs and pushes him inside first.
(b) Lets him.
(c) She takes the door and allows him to go first.
(d) Says 'no thank you'.
14. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(a) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Sandwiches and soup.
15. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
2. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
3. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
4. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
5. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)