|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sign for Jesus?
(a) Both hand stretched out as if nailed to the cross.
(b) Both hands together as if in prayer.
(c) Hands folded together with two fingers pointed up.
(d) The middle finger touching the opposite palm.
2. How deep is the snow on the ground as Franni and Samantha walk home in chapter sixteen?
(a) It's all melted.
(b) About a foot.
(c) About eight inches.
(d) Just past Frannie's ankles.
3. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Jesus loves me, this I know.
(b) Hand Jive.
(d) I'll Be There.
4. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) I'll Be There.
(b) The Love You Save.
(c) Hand Jive.
5. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She rolls her eyes.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She walks out of the room.
(d) She slams a book onto her desk.
6. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(a) The hood from her jacket.
(b) Rabbit fur.
7. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
(a) They want to talk.
(b) They are sharing a candy bar.
(c) They are afraid of slipping on the ice.
(d) They hope Rayray and the new boy will catch up with them.
8. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
(a) Says 'no thank you'.
(b) Lets him.
(c) Laughs and pushes him inside first.
(d) She takes the door and allows him to go first.
9. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he has nowhere else to go.
(b) That he hasn't yet decided.
(c) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
(d) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
10. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A thing with feathers.
(b) A bridge to something new.
(c) A piece of time
(d) Something to cherish.
11. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Shiny platform boots.
(d) Dark blue high heels.
12. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
(a) Frannie's first grade school picture.
(b) A drawing Frannie made in art class.
(c) The photo of Lila.
(d) A painting of Jesus and some children .
13. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
(d) He makes the Black Power sign.
14. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
(a) We all wear clothes.
(b) We were all babies once.
(c) We all walk in snow.
(d) We all attend Price School.
15. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Names of all his friends.
(b) NY Knicks.
(c) Black Power.
(d) Trevor loves Maribel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
2. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
3. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
4. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
5. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)