|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(b) The Love You Save.
(c) I'll Be There.
(d) Hand Jive.
2. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he hurt Trevor.
(b) When he started to cry.
(c) When he was eating candy.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
3. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
(b) Watch cartoons.
(c) Go sledding.
(d) Go to the park.
4. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he has nowhere else to go.
(b) That he hasn't yet decided.
(c) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
(d) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
5. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That it must have hurt a lot.
(b) That they could be nail scars.
(c) That she must have scratched a lot.
(d) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
6. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A thing with feathers.
(b) A piece of time
(c) Something to cherish.
(d) A bridge to something new.
7. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(c) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
(d) He makes the Black Power sign.
8. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
9. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
(a) An order of fries.
(b) A soda.
(c) A Hershey bar.
(d) A box of cookies.
10. What's Maribel's reaction when Ms. Johnson tells her to stop looking out the window?
(a) She walks out of the room.
(b) She slams a book onto her desk.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She rolls her eyes.
11. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Beat the new boy at pinball.
(b) Look for new graffiti.
(c) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(d) All the above.
12. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Get people to not be afraid of him.
(b) Find a new place to live.
(c) Scare people.
(d) Find someone who'll take him to school.
13. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) Time zones .
(b) Weather in other parts of the world.
(c) African countries.
(d) How to read longitudes .
14. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
(a) They are sharing a candy bar.
(b) They want to talk.
(c) They are afraid of slipping on the ice.
(d) They hope Rayray and the new boy will catch up with them.
15. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) Money for an after-school snack
(b) A book.
(c) A toy.
(d) Her backpack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
2. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
3. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
4. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
5. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)