|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he has nowhere else to go.
(b) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
(c) That he hasn't yet decided.
(d) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
2. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
3. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
(a) They are sharing a candy bar.
(b) They are afraid of slipping on the ice.
(c) They want to talk.
(d) They hope Rayray and the new boy will catch up with them.
4. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he started to cry.
(c) When he hurt Trevor.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
5. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Look for new graffiti.
(b) All the above.
(c) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(d) Beat the new boy at pinball.
6. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(b) Sandwiches and soup.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
7. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(b) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
(c) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(d) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
8. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A laundromat.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A gas station.
9. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(b) Dark blue high heels.
(c) Shiny platform boots.
(d) Tennis shoes.
10. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
(a) That the new baby will be a welcome change to the family.
(b) That there shouldn't be another baby.
(c) That she's still the baby for a little while longer.
(d) That there should be many more babies .
11. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Jesus loves me, this I know.
(b) I'll Be There.
(d) Hand Jive.
12. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) A toy.
(b) Money for an after-school snack
(c) Her backpack.
(d) A book.
13. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(b) Sitting on God's lap.
(c) The new boy.
(d) Living on the other side of the highway.
14. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
(a) Coconut and lavendar.
(b) Pineapple and roses.
(c) Onions and peppermint.
(d) Lilies and liniment.
15. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(a) Rabbit fur.
(d) The hood from her jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
2. How deep is the snow on the ground as Franni and Samantha walk home in chapter sixteen?
3. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
4. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
5. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)