|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
(a) That there should be many more babies .
(b) That there shouldn't be another baby.
(c) That the new baby will be a welcome change to the family.
(d) That she's still the baby for a little while longer.
2. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) That she hopes it's soon.
(b) She simply nods.
(c) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(d) That it always has before.
3. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A thing with feathers.
(b) A piece of time
(c) A bridge to something new.
(d) Something to cherish.
4. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He makes the Black Power sign.
(b) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(c) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
(d) He laughs.
5. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
(a) A painting of Jesus and some children .
(b) The photo of Lila.
(c) A drawing Frannie made in art class.
(d) Frannie's first grade school picture.
6. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
(a) A soda.
(b) A box of cookies.
(c) An order of fries.
(d) A Hershey bar.
7. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(b) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(c) Because the boy said hello first.
(d) Because the boy pushed her.
8. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In their hearts.
(b) In chuch.
(c) In books.
(d) In school.
9. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) The Love You Save.
(b) Hand Jive.
(d) I'll Be There.
10. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
(a) Lets him.
(b) Says 'no thank you'.
(c) She takes the door and allows him to go first.
(d) Laughs and pushes him inside first.
11. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) Black shirt and skirt.
(d) A purple turtleneck.
12. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
(b) Peanut butter and jelly.
(c) Pretzels and cheese.
(d) Pickles and salt.
13. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
(a) Making threatening gestures.
(b) Leaning against the fence.
(c) Sitting on the ground
(d) Walking into the classroom.
14. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy.
(c) Her backpack.
(d) Money for an after-school snack
15. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
(a) Looking out the window.
(b) Reading a comic book.
(d) Scratching his name into his desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
2. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
3. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
4. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
5. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)