|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
(a) If Sean would find a girlfriend who wasn't deaf.
(b) If she was going to Heaven.
(c) If Lila was okay.
(d) If there would ever be another spring time.
2. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
(a) Everyone turns away.
(b) Everyone begins to shout.
(c) Everyone gets quiet.
(d) Everyone moves closer .
3. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About three.
(b) About nine.
(c) About seven.
(d) About five.
4. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(b) That she must have scratched a lot.
(c) That they could be nail scars.
(d) That it must have hurt a lot.
5. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In books.
(b) In chuch.
(c) In their hearts.
(d) In school.
6. What's for lunch on Wednesday?
(b) Sandwiches and soup.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
7. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
(a) That you have to find a way to work through it.
(b) That she's never seen it happen.
(c) That it doesn't exist.
(d) That it happens to everyone.
8. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He makes the Black Power sign.
(b) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
9. What is the sign for Jesus?
(a) The middle finger touching the opposite palm.
(b) Both hands together as if in prayer.
(c) Both hand stretched out as if nailed to the cross.
(d) Hands folded together with two fingers pointed up.
10. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
(a) Isaac Hayes.
(b) Smokey Robinson.
(c) Lionel Richey.
(d) Michael Jackson.
11. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) Walk away without doing anything.
(c) See if Maribel asks for help.
(d) Help her up.
12. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
(a) Pickles and salt.
(c) Peanut butter and jelly.
(d) Pretzels and cheese.
13. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
(a) He writes it on a piece of paper.
(b) He signs it.
(c) He tells Frannie to tell her.
(d) He doesn't respond at all.
14. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
(a) Frannie and Samantha.
(b) No one.
(c) Frannie and the new boy.
15. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(d) He asks if they're alright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
2. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
3. What is Trevor doing when Frannie and the new boy are walking into the school?
4. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
5. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)