|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Sitting on God's lap.
(c) The new boy.
(d) Living on the other side of the highway.
2. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(c) He makes the Black Power sign.
(d) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
3. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
4. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
(b) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
(c) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(d) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
5. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
(b) Lilacs and coconuts.
(c) Her mother's cooking.
(d) Cleaning products.
6. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A candy story.
(c) A theater.
(d) A diner.
7. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
(b) All three girls.
8. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(b) The hood from her jacket.
(c) Rabbit fur.
9. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
(a) Isaac Hayes.
(b) Michael Jackson.
(c) Smokey Robinson.
(d) Lionel Richey.
10. What does Samantha say to the new boy when he comes running up to them?
(b) Why were you mean to Trevor.
(c) What's your problem.
(d) Hey yourself.
11. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A thing with feathers.
(b) A bridge to something new.
(c) Something to cherish.
(d) A piece of time
12. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A purple turtleneck.
(b) A blue dress.
(c) Blue jeans.
(d) Black shirt and skirt.
13. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
(a) The doorman.
(b) Frannie's mother.
(d) Samantha's father.
14. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
(a) Frannie's first grade school picture.
(b) A painting of Jesus and some children .
(c) The photo of Lila.
(d) A drawing Frannie made in art class.
15. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
(a) Rayray starts to dance.
(b) The principal steps into the hall.
(c) Trevor rushes past.
(d) The bell rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep is the snow on the ground as Franni and Samantha walk home in chapter sixteen?
2. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
3. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
4. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
5. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)