|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly.
(b) Pretzels and cheese.
(c) Pickles and salt.
2. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A bridge to something new.
(b) Something to cherish.
(c) A thing with feathers.
(d) A piece of time
3. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
(a) Because he's so angry.
(b) Because it gives him a sense of power.
(c) Because he can and kids would cheer.
(d) He doesn't say that.
4. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(b) He makes the Black Power sign.
(c) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
(d) He laughs.
5. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Scare people.
(b) Get people to not be afraid of him.
(c) Find someone who'll take him to school.
(d) Find a new place to live.
6. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) In long curls.
(b) Smoothed down.
(c) In cornrows.
(d) In an afro.
7. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(b) Help her up.
(c) See if Maribel asks for help.
(d) Walk away without doing anything.
8. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A purple turtleneck.
(b) Black shirt and skirt.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) Blue jeans.
9. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Gone to buy groceries.
(c) Still in bed.
(d) Sitting in the rocker.
10. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he walked away from the fight.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he hurt Trevor.
11. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
(a) In books.
(b) In school.
(c) In their hearts.
(d) In chuch.
12. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
(c) All three girls.
13. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(b) Beat the new boy at pinball.
(c) Look for new graffiti.
(d) All the above.
14. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Hand Jive.
(b) The Love You Save.
(c) I'll Be There.
15. What does Ms. Johnson do to make Rayray pay attention again?
(a) Takes his pencil.
(b) Takes his knife.
(c) Turns his head away from the window.
(d) Takes the comic book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
2. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
3. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
4. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
5. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)