|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes does Maribel have on?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(c) Dark blue high heels.
(d) Shiny platform boots.
2. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
3. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
(a) That it happens to everyone.
(b) That she's never seen it happen.
(c) That you have to find a way to work through it.
(d) That it doesn't exist.
4. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Sitting in the rocker.
(b) Gone to buy muffin mix.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Still in bed.
5. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
(a) A foot kick at her.
(b) The fear of the coming changes.
(c) The fear that something will happen to Mama.
(d) The fear that something will happen to the baby.
6. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) A book.
(b) Money for an after-school snack
(c) A toy.
(d) Her backpack.
7. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
(a) Pineapple and roses.
(b) Coconut and lavendar.
(c) Lilies and liniment.
(d) Onions and peppermint.
8. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Sitting on God's lap.
(b) The new boy.
(d) Living on the other side of the highway.
9. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
(a) In Sean's lap.
(b) On the arm of the couch.
(c) In her grandmother's lap.
(d) On the coffee table facing her grandmother.
10. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he hasn't yet decided.
(b) That he has nowhere else to go.
(c) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
(d) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
11. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
(a) That there shouldn't be another baby.
(b) That there should be many more babies .
(c) That she's still the baby for a little while longer.
(d) That the new baby will be a welcome change to the family.
12. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
(a) He tells Frannie to tell her.
(b) He writes it on a piece of paper.
(c) He signs it.
(d) He doesn't respond at all.
13. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(d) He asks if they're alright.
14. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(b) Hand Jive.
(c) I'll Be There.
(d) The Love You Save.
15. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
(a) A Hershey bar.
(b) A box of cookies.
(c) A soda.
(d) An order of fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
2. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
3. What is the sign for Jesus?
4. What does Frannie smell when she enters her apartment Monday afternoon?
5. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)