|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(b) Help her up.
(c) Walk away without doing anything.
(d) See if Maribel asks for help.
2. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy.
(c) Money for an after-school snack
(d) Her backpack.
3. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
(b) That he has nowhere else to go.
(c) That he hasn't yet decided.
(d) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
4. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(b) She simply nods.
(c) That she hopes it's soon.
(d) That it always has before.
5. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) I'll Be There.
(c) The Love You Save.
(d) Hand Jive.
6. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) How to read longitudes .
(b) African countries.
(c) Weather in other parts of the world.
(d) Time zones .
7. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
8. What happens just as Frannie and the new boy enter the school building?
(a) Rayray starts to dance.
(b) The principal steps into the hall.
(c) Trevor rushes past.
(d) The bell rings.
9. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(b) Because the boy said hello first.
(c) Because the boy pushed her.
(d) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
10. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(b) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
(c) That he cried when they took him.
(d) Only that his father was very strong.
11. What does Frannie say is the reaction in the school yard when the new boy says that Trevor doesn't have a father?
(a) Everyone gets quiet.
(b) Everyone moves closer .
(c) Everyone turns away.
(d) Everyone begins to shout.
12. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
(b) All three girls.
13. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) All the above.
(b) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(c) Look for new graffiti.
(d) Beat the new boy at pinball.
14. Who lets Frannie know that Samantha has arrived?
(b) Samantha's father.
(c) Frannie's mother.
(d) The doorman.
15. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) Black shirt and skirt.
(c) A purple turtleneck.
(d) Blue jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
2. What is the last thing Frannie puts on her list?
3. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
4. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
5. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)