|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(b) Because the boy said hello first.
(c) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(d) Because the boy pushed her.
2. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Still in bed.
(b) Sitting in the rocker.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Gone to buy muffin mix.
3. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
(a) He doesn't respond at all.
(b) He signs it.
(c) He writes it on a piece of paper.
(d) He tells Frannie to tell her.
4. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
(a) That she doesn't want to.
(b) That she had on gloves.
(c) That she already did.
(d) That she'll do it now.
5. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
(a) In Sean's lap.
(b) On the coffee table facing her grandmother.
(c) In her grandmother's lap.
(d) On the arm of the couch.
6. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Names of all his friends.
(b) Trevor loves Maribel.
(c) NY Knicks.
(d) Black Power.
7. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She turns off the radio.
(b) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(c) She sits down and begins to pray.
(d) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
8. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Find someone who'll take him to school.
(b) Scare people.
(c) Find a new place to live.
(d) Get people to not be afraid of him.
9. What does the new boy say he can remember about his adoption?
(a) That he cried when they took him.
(b) Only that his father was very strong.
(c) That he was glad to leave his foster home.
10. What had the class studied in geography that day?
(a) Time zones .
(b) African countries.
(c) Weather in other parts of the world.
(d) How to read longitudes .
11. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
(a) Lets him.
(b) She takes the door and allows him to go first.
(c) Says 'no thank you'.
(d) Laughs and pushes him inside first.
12. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Hand Jive.
(b) The Love You Save.
(c) I'll Be There.
13. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
(c) All three girls.
14. What is Frannie eating when she and Sean are watching television on Saturday?
(a) Pickles and salt.
(b) Pretzels and cheese.
(d) Peanut butter and jelly.
15. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
(b) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
(c) That he has nowhere else to go.
(d) That he hasn't yet decided.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
2. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
3. What does the new boy say he's going to do on Saturday?
4. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
5. Where is Mama when Frannie wakes in chapter twenty-two?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)