|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
(a) Blue pajamas.
(b) Shorts and a tank top.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
2. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
(a) That she's still the baby for a little while longer.
(b) That there shouldn't be another baby.
(c) That the new baby will be a welcome change to the family.
(d) That there should be many more babies .
3. What is Sean's reaction when a girl asks his name?
(a) He signs it.
(b) He writes it on a piece of paper.
(c) He tells Frannie to tell her.
(d) He doesn't respond at all.
4. How old does the new boy say he is when he's adopted?
5. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
(a) Says she tore it on the fence at school.
(b) Puts her hand in her pocket.
(c) Says she wonders how it happened.
6. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
(a) On the coffee table facing her grandmother.
(b) On the arm of the couch.
(c) In Sean's lap.
(d) In her grandmother's lap.
7. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About three.
(b) About five.
(c) About seven.
(d) About nine.
8. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) That she hopes it's soon.
(b) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(c) She simply nods.
(d) That it always has before.
9. What does Sean sign when Frannie gets in her mothers lap?
(a) You'll hurt the baby.
(b) You'll hurt Mama.
(c) Big baby.
(d) You're too old for that.
10. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(a) Rabbit fur.
(b) The hood from her jacket.
11. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(a) Sitting on God's lap.
(c) The new boy.
(d) Living on the other side of the highway.
12. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) See if Maribel asks for help.
(b) Help her up.
(c) Walk away without doing anything.
13. How does Samantha wear her hair on Wednesday?
(a) Smoothed down.
(b) In cornrows.
(c) In an afro.
(d) In long curls.
14. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(b) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
(c) She sits down and begins to pray.
(d) She turns off the radio.
15. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
(a) Lionel Richey.
(b) Smokey Robinson.
(c) Isaac Hayes.
(d) Michael Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new boy say everyone can find the truth?
2. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
3. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
4. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
5. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)