|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(b) Because the boy pushed her.
(c) Because the boy said hello first.
(d) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
2. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) That she hopes it's soon.
(b) She says she doesn't believe it will.
(c) That it always has before.
(d) She simply nods.
3. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Find a new place to live.
(b) Get people to not be afraid of him.
(c) Scare people.
(d) Find someone who'll take him to school.
4. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he hurt Trevor.
(b) When he was eating candy.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
5. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
(a) Blue pajamas.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) Shorts and a tank top.
6. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
(a) Coconut and lavendar.
(b) Pineapple and roses.
(c) Lilies and liniment.
(d) Onions and peppermint.
7. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
(a) On the coffee table facing her grandmother.
(b) In Sean's lap.
(c) In her grandmother's lap.
(d) On the arm of the couch.
8. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
9. What does Samantha say to the new boy when he comes running up to them?
(a) What's your problem.
(b) Hey yourself.
(d) Why were you mean to Trevor.
10. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(b) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(c) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(d) He asks if they're alright.
11. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
(a) He says that wasn't what he was trying to do.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He says he plans to join as soon as he's old enough.
(d) He makes the Black Power sign.
12. What does Trevor have written on his cast when he returns to school?
(a) Black Power.
(b) Trevor loves Maribel.
(c) Names of all his friends.
(d) NY Knicks.
13. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That they could be nail scars.
(b) That she must have scratched a lot.
(c) That it must have hurt a lot.
(d) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
14. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) Black shirt and skirt.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A purple turtleneck.
15. What does Frannie say she would have asked if the new boy really had been Jesus?
(a) If Sean would find a girlfriend who wasn't deaf.
(b) If she was going to Heaven.
(c) If there would ever be another spring time.
(d) If Lila was okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
2. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
3. Why does the new boy say part of him wants to hit Trevor?
4. Who waves back when the new boy waves at Frannie?
5. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)