|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business is on one side of the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A laundromat.
2. What is the first thing Sean says to his mother when he gets home from school?
(a) What did the doctor say?
(b) What's for dinner?
(c) Why are you up?
(d) Can I help?
3. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Still in bed.
(b) Sitting in the rocker.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Gone to buy muffin mix.
4. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(b) Because the boy pushed her.
(c) Because the boy said hello first.
(d) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
5. What does Frannie say she might do when she gets to the rec center?
(a) Look for new graffiti.
(b) Think of evil things to say to the hearing girls.
(c) All the above.
(d) Beat the new boy at pinball.
6. What is the question Samantha says she's been wanting to ask Frannie?
(a) Why she helped Trevor get up.
(b) Why she doesn't like Maribel.
(c) Why she's been hanging around with the new boy.
(d) Why she sometimes signs to herself.
7. What does Samantha say she dreamed about the previous night?
(b) Living on the other side of the highway.
(c) Sitting on God's lap.
(d) The new boy.
8. What does Ms. Johnson say about writer's block?
(a) That it happens to everyone.
(b) That she's never seen it happen.
(c) That it doesn't exist.
(d) That you have to find a way to work through it.
9. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
(a) That she'll do it now.
(b) That she already did.
(c) That she had on gloves.
(d) That she doesn't want to.
10. What had been Samantha's reaction when Frannie showed her the pock scars on her hand?
(a) That she must have scratched a lot.
(b) That she should use lotion to make them go away.
(c) That they could be nail scars.
(d) That it must have hurt a lot.
11. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A diner.
(b) A candy story.
(c) A theater.
(d) A laundromat.
12. What does Samantha answer when Frannie asks if she believes spring will ever come?
(a) She simply nods.
(b) That it always has before.
(c) That she hopes it's soon.
(d) She says she doesn't believe it will.
13. What was Mama doing when she heard the news about the draft lottery?
(a) Frying bacon for breakfast.
(b) Making a cake for their father's birthday.
(c) Frying chicken for dinner.
(d) Making pancakes for Sean.
14. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
(b) She sits down and begins to pray.
(c) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(d) She turns off the radio.
15. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(b) I'll Be There.
(c) Hand Jive.
(d) The Love You Save.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
2. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
3. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
4. What does Frannie say about the baby of the family?
5. What does the new boy have wrapped around his finger when Trevor begins talking to him?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)