|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) Hand Jive.
(c) I'll Be There.
(d) The Love You Save.
2. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) Money for an after-school snack
(b) A toy.
(c) A book.
(d) Her backpack.
3. Why do Frannie and Samantha walk so slowly on the way home that day?
(a) They are afraid of slipping on the ice.
(b) They hope Rayray and the new boy will catch up with them.
(c) They want to talk.
(d) They are sharing a candy bar.
4. What is the picture Frannie is looking at while she's talking to Samantha on the telephone?
(a) A drawing Frannie made in art class.
(b) Frannie's first grade school picture.
(c) The photo of Lila.
(d) A painting of Jesus and some children .
5. What is it that Frannie says Casper the Friendly Ghost is always trying to do?
(a) Scare people.
(b) Find a new place to live.
(c) Get people to not be afraid of him.
(d) Find someone who'll take him to school.
6. What does the new boy say when Rayray asks if he plans to remain at Price?
(a) That he hopes his parents will move soon.
(b) That he hasn't yet decided.
(c) That he has nowhere else to go.
(d) That he expects to be expelled for fighting.
7. What does Frannie say that each moment is?
(a) A bridge to something new.
(b) A piece of time
(c) Something to cherish.
(d) A thing with feathers.
8. What kind of hat does Frannie wear to church that Sunday?
(a) The hood from her jacket.
(c) Rabbit fur.
9. What was Mama's reaction when she heard that there was going to be a draft lottery to get more boys to serve in the military?
(a) She keeps cooking but starts to cry.
(b) She kissed both of Sean's ears.
(c) She turns off the radio.
(d) She sits down and begins to pray.
10. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they're alright.
(d) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
11. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
12. What is Trevor singing as he walks away from Frannie and the new boy in chapter eighteen?
(a) I'll Be There.
(b) Hand Jive.
(d) Jesus loves me, this I know.
13. How many girls are in the group when one girl begins talking to Sean?
14. What does Frannie say when her mother tells her to go wash her hands before mashing the potatoes?
(a) That she doesn't want to.
(b) That she'll do it now.
(c) That she had on gloves.
(d) That she already did.
15. What did Sean and Frannie share on the way home from the rec center?
(a) A Hershey bar.
(b) A box of cookies.
(c) An order of fries.
(d) A soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frannie sit when her grandmother sits on the couch?
2. How deep is the snow on the ground as Franni and Samantha walk home in chapter sixteen?
3. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
4. Who helps Trevor up after he falls?
5. What is Sean's response when his mother says he looks like a member of the Black Panthers?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)