|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frannie's dad when she gets up?
(a) Gone to buy muffin mix.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Still in bed.
(d) Sitting in the rocker.
2. What was someone trying take away from Frannie when she'd had that one fight?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy.
(c) Money for an after-school snack
(d) Her backpack.
3. What does Frannie say was the point where the new boy proved he wasn't Jesus?
(a) When he was eating candy.
(b) When he hurt Trevor.
(c) When he started to cry.
(d) When he walked away from the fight.
4. What does Frannie say she'd do if Maribel fell?
(a) Help her up.
(b) See if Maribel asks for help.
(c) Walk away without doing anything.
5. What is Samantha wearing to school in chapter eighteen?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) Black shirt and skirt.
(c) Blue jeans.
(d) A purple turtleneck.
6. What does Frannie's mother tell her to do as soon as she enters the house?
(a) Mash the potatoes.
(b) Wash her hands.
(c) Start her homework.
(d) Go back and clean up the snow off the floor.
7. Who is the singing star Frannie is in love with?
(a) Smokey Robinson.
(b) Isaac Hayes.
(c) Lionel Richey.
(d) Michael Jackson.
8. What kind of store had been in the building that is now the church where Samantha's family attends?
(a) A candy story.
(b) A diner.
(c) A laundromat.
(d) A theater.
9. What does Samantha do when she realizes Frannie sees the hole in her mitten?
(a) Puts her hand in her pocket.
(c) Says she wonders how it happened.
(d) Says she tore it on the fence at school.
10. What is Rayray doing while Ms. Johnson is talking about writing a story?
(a) Reading a comic book.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Scratching his name into his desk.
11. What does Rayray say when he comes up to Frannie and the new boy after Trevor has fallen in the snow?
(a) He asks if they'll walk home with him after school.
(b) He says the new boy had no right to push Trevor.
(c) He asks if they're alright.
(d) He asks if they'll sit with him at lunchtime.
12. What is the first word Sean taught Frannie to sign?
13. What grade was Frannie in when she'd had her one and only fight?
14. How old does Mama say Frannie was when she first started talking about Mr. Hungry?
(a) About seven.
(b) About nine.
(c) About three.
(d) About five.
15. Why does Frannie believe Samantha says this?
(a) Because the boy pushed her.
(b) Because she knows the boy isn't Jesus.
(c) Because she believes the boy was mean to Trevor.
(d) Because the boy said hello first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the class studied in geography that day?
2. What is Sean wearing when he joins Mama and Frannie?
3. What does Frannie do when the new boy holds the door open for her?
4. What is the sign for Jesus?
5. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)