|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Frannie in?
2. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
(a) That he doesn't want to wash.
(b) That he has too much homework.
(c) That he doesn't mind.
(d) That he shouldn't have to cook and wash.
3. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(b) That it makes her a good teacher.
(c) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
4. What does Samantha's father do?
(a) He's a security guard.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He works in a bank.
(d) He's a truck driver.
5. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
6. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
(a) Because he's rich.
(b) Because he's not very smart.
(c) Because he's poor.
(d) Because he's white.
7. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(a) Down, down baby.
(c) Jump rope.
8. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
(a) He was black.
(b) He was white.
(c) He wasn't any color, like air.
(d) He was brown.
9. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
(a) Casey School.
(c) Black Pride.
10. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) He's younger.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) He's older.
(d) His school is for students with special needs.
11. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
(a) He signs all the time.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) Trevor told him Frannie's brother is deaf.
(d) He'd seen her signing with Sean.
12. What time does Frannie get home from school?
(a) About four o'clock.
(b) About two-thirty.
(c) About four-thirty.
(d) About three o'clock.
13. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) She isn't good enough or bad enough.
(b) The two families have had a falling out.
(c) She wouldn't fit in because she doesn't have nice clothes.
(d) They are different religions.
14. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He'd get to know people.
(c) He'd buy a fancy car.
(d) He'd share information about blacks.
15. What does Mama say when Frannie says that she feels as if the world is slipping away from her?
(a) That she shouldn't feel that way.
(b) That it's growing pains.
(c) That she should pray about it.
(d) That everyone feels that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
2. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
3. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
4. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
5. Why doesn't Franny's family do business with Maribel's mother?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)