|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since the first of the school year.
(b) Since first grade.
(c) Since kindergarten.
(d) Since Christmas.
2. What color is the rec center?
(c) A lot of different colors.
3. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
(a) His long legs.
(b) His hair.
(c) His even teeth.
(d) His laugh.
4. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
(a) A sob.
(b) A cry of pain.
(c) A giggle.
(d) A sigh.
5. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
(a) That he shouldn't have to cook and wash.
(b) That he doesn't want to wash.
(c) That he doesn't mind.
(d) That he has too much homework.
6. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
(a) Casey School.
(c) Black Pride.
7. What's the news Daddy shares that explains why Mama is tired?
(a) Mama has cancer.
(b) Their grandmother is ill.
(c) She's sitting up at night with a neighbor.
(d) There's a baby coming.
8. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) She wouldn't fit in because she doesn't have nice clothes.
(b) The two families have had a falling out.
(c) She isn't good enough or bad enough.
(d) They are different religions.
9. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
(a) There have always been hurricanes and tornadoes.
(b) Dorothy, Toto.
(c) Jesus could stop them without coming to earth.
(d) Jesus wouldn't have the power to stop them.
10. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) He attended the Daffodil school.
(b) His father was deaf.
(c) He doesn't remember.
(d) His mother was deaf.
11. What is Rayray's real name?
(a) Raymond Reyson..
(c) Gary Gray.
12. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) On the swings.
(b) Near the fence.
(c) On the slide.
(d) Next to a large tree.
13. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) His school is for students with special needs.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) He's older.
(d) He's younger.
14. What are the first words Mama says to Frannie when Frannie goes into her bedroom?
(a) Stop worrying.
(b) Your father will be home soon.
(c) Go help your brother.
(d) We're going to have another baby.
15. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
(a) She pulls away.
(b) She knows she's too big to hold hands but lets him.
(c) She grasps his arm with her other hand as well.
(d) She lets herself fall back so that he catches her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
2. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
3. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
4. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
5. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)