|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
(a) Having their father at home all the time.
(b) A world in which hatred doesn't exist.
(c) A bridge that connects the two sides of the highway.
(d) Having al lthe candy and ice cream they wanted.
2. When do Frannie's mom and dad begin attending church?
(a) They've always attended.
(b) When they married.
(c) After Lila's death.
(d) After they discovered that Sean was deaf.
3. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since first grade.
(b) Since kindergarten.
(c) Since Christmas.
(d) Since the first of the school year.
4. What does Frannie draw on her paper after learning that Trevor was absent?
(a) A boy on a swing.
(b) A girl on a bicycle.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A jail.
5. What does Samantha's father do?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's a security guard.
(c) He works in a bank.
(d) He's a truck driver.
6. What does the boy say is the reason he and his family left their home on the other side of the highway?
(a) That it was difficult for his parents.
(b) That they couldn't afford to live there.
(c) That he'd wanted to know how blacks lived.
(d) That he hated the school.
7. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
(a) At a special-needs school.
(b) At a private school.
(c) At a white school.
(d) At a church.
8. What is the sign that flashes into Frannie's head as she's watching Trevor, Rayray and the new boy?
9. What color is the rec center?
(d) A lot of different colors.
10. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
(a) He wasn't any color, like air.
(b) He was black.
(c) He was white.
(d) He was brown.
11. What does one of Sean's friends sign to him when Frannie walks in?
(a) Babysitting time.
(b) Your sister's here.
(c) She's cute.
(d) Who's that girl?
12. What are the three things Sean does very well?
(a) Play baseball, do math and fry chicken.
(b) Play football, do geography and sign.
(c) Play basketball, do science and make macaroni and cheese.
(d) Play basketball, do math and season chicken.
13. What color are Trevor's eyes?
14. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
15. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
(a) A gang symbol.
(b) The words "why not".
(d) A name and a frownie face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
2. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
3. What does he do with what he pulls from his pocket?
4. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
5. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)