|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frannie and Daddy pass as they are leaving their building?
(a) A little boy bouncing a ball .
(b) A mother pushing a stroller with twins inside.
(c) The weekend doorman.
(d) An old man looking for the key to his mailbox.
2. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
(b) The words "why not".
(c) A name and a frownie face.
(d) A gang symbol.
3. What grade is Frannie in?
4. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) After her mother's favorite flower.
(b) After Frannie's father's sister.
(c) Sean picked the name.
(d) After her mother's great-grandmother.
5. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
(a) She pulls away.
(b) She grasps his arm with her other hand as well.
(c) She lets herself fall back so that he catches her.
(d) She knows she's too big to hold hands but lets him.
6. What does the boy pull from his pocket?
(a) Only his hand.
(b) A candy wrapper.
(c) An apple.
(d) A note.
7. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) He attended the Daffodil school.
(b) His father was deaf.
(c) He doesn't remember.
(d) His mother was deaf.
8. What is Rayray's real name?
(a) Gary Gray.
(b) Raymond Reyson..
9. What does Samantha say is the shortest verse in the Bible?
(a) Jesus wept.
(b) And then He died.
(d) The water turned to wine.
10. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
(a) The date.
(b) The day's assignments.
(c) Her wish for something new to happen.
(d) Her brother's name.
11. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That it makes her a good teacher.
(b) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
(c) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
12. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
(a) Organizes meetings and events.
(b) Teaches school.
(c) Drives a truck.
(d) Teaches teachers about new methods.
13. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
(a) To Frannie's grandmother's house.
(b) To the park.
(c) To a burger place for lunch.
(d) To buy groceries.
14. Why doesn't Franny's family do business with Maribel's mother?
(a) They don't own a car.
(b) They wash their own clothes.
(c) The store is too far away.
(d) She's too expensive.
15. What does Mama say when Frannie says that she feels as if the world is slipping away from her?
(a) That it's growing pains.
(b) That everyone feels that.
(c) That she should pray about it.
(d) That she shouldn't feel that way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
2. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
3. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
4. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
5. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)