|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frannie's real first name?
2. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just before third period.
(b) Just after lunchtime.
(c) Just as the class begins.
(d) Just before lunchtime.
3. Why does Maribel say her mama was mad about the new boy's purchase the previous day?
(a) He'd been so quiet she couldn't hear his request.
(b) He had a poorly written list to fill.
(c) He'd paid with pennies.
(d) He'd taken too long to make up his mind.
4. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
(a) Drives a truck.
(b) Teaches school.
(c) Teaches teachers about new methods.
(d) Organizes meetings and events.
5. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) An old-fashioned counter .
(b) A fire place.
(c) A stack of boxes.
(d) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
6. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
(a) The year she'd missed a month of school.
(b) That she hopes no one new shows up to their class.
(c) That she wishes it would stop raining so much.
(d) That she wished something new would happen.
7. What grade is Frannie in?
8. What does Frannie note about the front of her turtleneck sweater?
(a) It has a small hole.
(b) It has a peace sign.
(c) She has a stain on it.
(d) It's a deep purple color.
9. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
10. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
(a) Jesus wouldn't have the power to stop them.
(b) Dorothy, Toto.
(c) There have always been hurricanes and tornadoes.
(d) Jesus could stop them without coming to earth.
11. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
12. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) Mount Ephesus.
(b) Our Holy Father.
(d) First Baptist.
13. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
(a) At a white school.
(b) At a church.
(c) At a special-needs school.
(d) At a private school.
14. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since kindergarten.
(b) Since Christmas.
(c) Since the first of the school year.
(d) Since first grade.
15. What is the sign that flashes into Frannie's head as she's watching Trevor, Rayray and the new boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
2. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
3. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
4. What are the first words Mama says to Frannie when Frannie goes into her bedroom?
5. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)