|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very young.
(b) He's very old.
(c) He's very tall.
(d) He's black.
2. Why did Frannie start school a month late one year?
(a) The family was moving.
(b) She hadn't been old enough to attend school yet.
(c) She had chicken pox.
(d) Mama had been in the hospital.
3. Where does the new boy sit?
(a) Next to Frannie.
(b) Near the front.
(c) Just in front of Frannie.
(d) Near the back.
4. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Lila and three others.
(b) Just Lila.
(c) Lila and two others.
(d) Lila and one other.
5. What color are Trevor's eyes?
6. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
(a) Because he's white.
(b) Because he's rich.
(c) Because he's poor.
(d) Because he's not very smart.
7. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
(a) She'd wanted to catch up with the new boy.
(b) She hadn't wanted to see him lose.
(c) It was hot and stinky in there.
(d) She doesn't say.
8. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
(a) Talk or I'll hit you!
(b) Are you stupid?
(c) Are you deaf?
(d) Why aren't you talking?
9. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(a) Two and a half.
(c) Frannie is actually older.
(d) Three and a hald.
10. What is Frannie's real first name?
11. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Waves to some friends.
(b) Catches snowflakes.
(c) Starts to run.
(d) Pushes Sean.
12. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(b) Abigail R.ose.
(c) Lily Joy
(d) Lila Beth.
13. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
(a) That everyone says that.
(b) That Sean is beautiful and she isn't.
(c) She says they aren't really brother and sister.
(d) She asks where he saw them.
14. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
(a) A giggle.
(b) A cry of pain.
(c) A sob.
(d) A sigh.
15. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(b) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(c) That it makes her a good teacher.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
2. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
3. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
4. What grade is Frannie in?
5. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)