|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
(a) They were very quiet.
(c) They usually walked a different route.
(d) The new boy was with them.
2. What does Sean do when Frannie bumps him on purpose?
(a) Falls down.
(b) Bumps her back.
(c) Tells on her.
(d) Drops a dish.
3. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
(a) At a special-needs school.
(b) At a church.
(c) At a private school.
(d) At a white school.
4. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
(a) That he doesn't want to wash.
(b) That he doesn't mind.
(c) That he shouldn't have to cook and wash.
(d) That he has too much homework.
5. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His even teeth.
(c) His hair.
(d) His long legs.
6. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(a) Lila Beth.
(b) Lily Joy
(c) Abigail R.ose.
7. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
(a) That they would be nice.
(b) That they wouldn't notice that he's white.
(c) That they would call him Jesus.
(d) That they would teach him to fit in.
8. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
(a) He was white.
(b) He was black.
(c) He was brown.
(d) He wasn't any color, like air.
9. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
10. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
(a) She asks where he saw them.
(b) That everyone says that.
(c) She says they aren't really brother and sister.
(d) That Sean is beautiful and she isn't.
11. What does the boy say is the reason he and his family left their home on the other side of the highway?
(a) That he hated the school.
(b) That it was difficult for his parents.
(c) That he'd wanted to know how blacks lived.
(d) That they couldn't afford to live there.
12. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A candy store.
(b) An auto supply store.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A cleaner's .
13. What time does Mama get up on Saturday?
(a) Nine in the morning.
(b) Eleven in the morning.
(c) Ten in the morning.
14. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
(a) A swing.
(b) A soda.
(d) A chocolate cupcake.
15. What is Daddy's answer when he's asked to name the prettiest place he's ever seen?
(c) His own neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama call the library?
2. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
3. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
4. In the poem Frannie mentions, what is hope like?
5. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)