|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
(a) That she plans to tell him as soon as he gets home.
(b) That she's already told him.
(c) That she plans to tell him after supper.
(d) That she won't tell him.
2. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
(a) A giggle.
(b) A sigh.
(c) A sob.
(d) A cry of pain.
3. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Jesus Boy.
(b) No Name.
(c) Hey You.
(d) Can't Talk.
4. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
(a) That he doesn't mind.
(b) That he shouldn't have to cook and wash.
(c) That he doesn't want to wash.
(d) That he has too much homework.
5. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) He doesn't remember.
(b) His mother was deaf.
(c) He attended the Daffodil school.
(d) His father was deaf.
6. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
(b) Peas .
(d) Burgers and fries.
7. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's black.
(b) He's very tall.
(c) He's very young.
(d) He's very old.
8. What time does Mama get up on Saturday?
(a) Ten in the morning.
(c) Nine in the morning.
(d) Eleven in the morning.
9. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(b) Jump rope.
(c) Down, down baby.
10. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
(a) Ask Rayray where he's being taken.
(b) Ask Mrs. Johnson to go home.
(c) Make plans to send him a card.
11. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) After her mother's great-grandmother.
(b) Sean picked the name.
(c) After Frannie's father's sister.
(d) After her mother's favorite flower.
12. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
(a) The words "why not".
(b) A gang symbol.
(d) A name and a frownie face.
13. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
(c) Maribel Tanks.
(d) The new boy.
14. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
(a) A swing.
(c) A chocolate cupcake.
(d) A soda.
15. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
(a) Are you deaf?
(b) Why aren't you talking?
(c) Talk or I'll hit you!
(d) Are you stupid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new boy sit?
2. What are the three things Sean does very well?
3. What does he do with what he pulls from his pocket?
4. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
5. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)