|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Pushes Sean.
(b) Waves to some friends.
(c) Catches snowflakes.
(d) Starts to run.
2. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) He's older.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) His school is for students with special needs.
(d) He's younger.
3. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Lila and one other.
(b) Lila and three others.
(c) Just Lila.
(d) Lila and two others.
4. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just before third period.
(b) Just after lunchtime.
(c) Just as the class begins.
(d) Just before lunchtime.
5. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
(a) It's clear and crisp.
(b) There are dark clouds.
(c) It's already dark with no stars.
(d) There's too much smog to see the sky.
6. What is the sign that flashes into Frannie's head as she's watching Trevor, Rayray and the new boy?
7. What is Frannie's real first name?
8. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) Mount Ephesus.
(c) First Baptist.
(d) Our Holy Father.
9. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
(a) In an afro.
(b) In a bun.
(c) In braids.
10. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(a) Frannie is actually older.
(b) Two and a half.
(d) Three and a hald.
11. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) Near the fence.
(b) Next to a large tree.
(c) On the slide.
(d) On the swings.
12. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
(a) Burgers and fries.
(b) Peas .
13. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
(d) Frannie doesn't remember.
14. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(b) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(c) That it makes her a good teacher.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
15. Where is Trevor sitting?
(a) In the back .
(b) In the corner.
(c) In the row in front of Frannie.
(d) On the far left of the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama call the library?
2. What time does Mama get up on Saturday?
3. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
4. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
5. Why doesn't Franny's family do business with Maribel's mother?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)