|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(a) Lila Beth.
(c) Abigail R.ose.
(d) Lily Joy
2. What is the word Samantha uses to describe the new boy showing up at their school?
3. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
(a) A cute couple.
(b) Flip and Flop.
(c) Stupid and Stupider.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Jesus.
4. Who does Frannie and Daddy pass as they are leaving their building?
(a) A mother pushing a stroller with twins inside.
(b) An old man looking for the key to his mailbox.
(c) A little boy bouncing a ball .
(d) The weekend doorman.
5. What does Mama say surreal means?
(b) Like a dream.
(d) Very, very real.
6. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
(c) Peas .
(d) Burgers and fries.
7. What color is the rec center?
(d) A lot of different colors.
8. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just after lunchtime.
(b) Just as the class begins.
(c) Just before lunchtime.
(d) Just before third period.
9. What does Mama call the library?
(a) A magical place.
(b) A waste of space.
(c) The book place.
(d) Day care center.
10. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
(a) At a private school.
(b) At a white school.
(c) At a special-needs school.
(d) At a church.
11. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
(a) She knows she's too big to hold hands but lets him.
(b) She lets herself fall back so that he catches her.
(c) She grasps his arm with her other hand as well.
(d) She pulls away.
12. Why does Maribel say her mama was mad about the new boy's purchase the previous day?
(a) He'd been so quiet she couldn't hear his request.
(b) He'd taken too long to make up his mind.
(c) He had a poorly written list to fill.
(d) He'd paid with pennies.
13. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He'd get to know people.
(b) He'd buy a fancy car.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He'd share information about blacks.
14. What does the boy pull from his pocket?
(a) A note.
(b) An apple.
(c) A candy wrapper.
(d) Only his hand.
15. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very tall.
(b) He's very old.
(c) He's black.
(d) He's very young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
2. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
3. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
4. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
5. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)