|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
(a) A chocolate cupcake.
(b) A soda.
(d) A swing.
2. What's the news Daddy shares that explains why Mama is tired?
(a) Mama has cancer.
(b) There's a baby coming.
(c) She's sitting up at night with a neighbor.
(d) Their grandmother is ill.
3. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
(a) Blue tennis shoes.
(b) Brown boots.
(d) White sneakers.
4. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
5. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
(d) Frannie doesn't remember.
6. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Butter and water.
(b) Water and milk.
(c) Water and cheese.
(d) Salt and water.
7. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He'd get to know people.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He'd share information about blacks.
(d) He'd buy a fancy car.
8. Why did Frannie start school a month late one year?
(a) Mama had been in the hospital.
(b) She had chicken pox.
(c) The family was moving.
(d) She hadn't been old enough to attend school yet.
9. What color are Trevor's eyes?
10. What does Mama say surreal means?
(a) Very, very real.
(b) Like a dream.
11. What is the sign that flashes into Frannie's head as she's watching Trevor, Rayray and the new boy?
12. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Lila and three others.
(b) Lila and two others.
(c) Just Lila.
(d) Lila and one other.
13. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
(a) I wonder where he got that accent?
(b) That boy comes from a rich home.
(c) That boy is white.
(d) Isn't this strange.
14. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Hey You.
(b) Jesus Boy.
(c) No Name.
(d) Can't Talk.
15. What grade is Frannie in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
2. What does the boy say is the reason he and his family left their home on the other side of the highway?
3. When do Frannie's mom and dad begin attending church?
4. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
5. Why is Trevor absent on the second day after the new boy arrives?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)