|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A cleaner's .
(c) An auto supply store.
(d) A grocery store.
2. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
(a) A sob.
(b) A sigh.
(c) A cry of pain.
(d) A giggle.
3. What does one of Sean's friends sign to him when Frannie walks in?
(a) Who's that girl?
(b) Babysitting time.
(c) Your sister's here.
(d) She's cute.
4. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(a) Lila Beth.
(c) Lily Joy
(d) Abigail R.ose.
5. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) Our Holy Father.
(b) First Baptist.
(d) Mount Ephesus.
6. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Water and milk.
(b) Water and cheese.
(c) Butter and water.
(d) Salt and water.
7. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Just Lila.
(b) Lila and one other.
(c) Lila and two others.
(d) Lila and three others.
8. Why does Maribel say her mama was mad about the new boy's purchase the previous day?
(a) He had a poorly written list to fill.
(b) He'd been so quiet she couldn't hear his request.
(c) He'd paid with pennies.
(d) He'd taken too long to make up his mind.
9. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) His school is for students with special needs.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) He's younger.
(d) He's older.
10. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
(a) A swing.
(b) A chocolate cupcake.
(c) A soda.
11. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
(b) Maribel Tanks.
(c) The new boy.
12. What is Rayray's real name?
(a) Raymond Reyson..
(c) Gary Gray.
13. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
(a) That she'll find out who the new boy really is.
(b) That she'll go to church more and listen to her grandmother.
(c) That she'll talk to Sean about it.
(d) That she'll talk to her grandmother about it.
14. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) A fire place.
(b) An old-fashioned counter .
(c) A stack of boxes.
(d) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
15. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
2. What is the name of Frannie's school?
3. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
4. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
5. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)