|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
(a) He was white.
(b) He wasn't any color, like air.
(c) He was brown.
(d) He was black.
2. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Catches snowflakes.
(b) Pushes Sean.
(c) Waves to some friends.
(d) Starts to run.
3. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That it makes her a good teacher.
(b) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(c) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
4. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very tall.
(b) He's very young.
(c) He's very old.
(d) He's black.
5. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) On the swings.
(b) Next to a large tree.
(c) On the slide.
(d) Near the fence.
6. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
(a) That she plans to tell him as soon as he gets home.
(b) That she plans to tell him after supper.
(c) That she won't tell him.
(d) That she's already told him.
7. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Water and cheese.
(b) Salt and water.
(c) Butter and water.
(d) Water and milk.
8. What does Sean do when Frannie bumps him on purpose?
(a) Falls down.
(b) Bumps her back.
(c) Drops a dish.
(d) Tells on her.
9. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
10. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
(a) A gang symbol.
(b) The words "why not".
(c) A name and a frownie face.
11. What are the three things Sean does very well?
(a) Play basketball, do science and make macaroni and cheese.
(b) Play football, do geography and sign.
(c) Play basketball, do math and season chicken.
(d) Play baseball, do math and fry chicken.
12. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Can't Talk.
(b) Jesus Boy.
(c) No Name.
(d) Hey You.
13. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(b) Lila Beth.
(c) Abigail R.ose.
(d) Lily Joy
14. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
15. Who does Frannie's father work for?
(a) Indiana Department of Education.
(b) Inner City Teachers Coalition.
(c) Interdevelopment Corporation.
(d) Interstate Moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
2. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
3. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
4. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
5. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)