|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Frannie get home from school?
(a) About three o'clock.
(b) About two-thirty.
(c) About four-thirty.
(d) About four o'clock.
2. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They catch their breaths.
(c) They become very quiet.
(d) They don't react at all.
3. Where does the new boy say he learned to sign?
(a) He attended the Daffodil school.
(b) He doesn't remember.
(c) His father was deaf.
(d) His mother was deaf.
4. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
(a) The new boy.
(b) Maribel Tanks.
5. What color are Trevor's eyes?
6. What does Mama say surreal means?
(a) Like a dream.
(b) Very, very real.
7. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
(a) The year she'd missed a month of school.
(b) That she wished something new would happen.
(c) That she wishes it would stop raining so much.
(d) That she hopes no one new shows up to their class.
8. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
(a) To Frannie's grandmother's house.
(b) To the park.
(c) To buy groceries.
(d) To a burger place for lunch.
9. Where does Samantha spend most of her time when she's outside at school?
(a) Next to a large tree.
(b) On the slide.
(c) On the swings.
(d) Near the fence.
10. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
(a) Having their father at home all the time.
(b) A bridge that connects the two sides of the highway.
(c) A world in which hatred doesn't exist.
(d) Having al lthe candy and ice cream they wanted.
11. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
(a) That Sean is beautiful and she isn't.
(b) She asks where he saw them.
(c) She says they aren't really brother and sister.
(d) That everyone says that.
12. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
(a) Make plans to send him a card.
(b) Ask Rayray where he's being taken.
(d) Ask Mrs. Johnson to go home.
13. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His long legs.
(c) His even teeth.
(d) His hair.
14. What is Frannie's real first name?
15. What does Mrs. Johnson say the new boy's name is?
(c) Frannie doesn't remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the news Daddy shares that explains why Mama is tired?
2. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
3. Where does the new boy sit?
4. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
5. What does one of Sean's friends sign to him when Frannie walks in?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)