|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just after lunchtime.
(b) Just before third period.
(c) Just as the class begins.
(d) Just before lunchtime.
2. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They catch their breaths.
(b) They don't react at all.
(c) They become very quiet.
(d) They laugh.
3. What is the name of Frannie's school?
(a) Southside Primary.
(b) Peak Elementary.
(d) John Brown Elementary.
4. What color is the rec center?
(c) A lot of different colors.
5. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
(a) Burgers and fries.
(d) Peas .
6. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
(a) Maribel Tanks.
(c) The new boy.
7. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A candy store.
(b) An auto supply store.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A cleaner's .
8. What is the word Samantha uses to describe the new boy showing up at their school?
9. What does Mama say surreal means?
(a) Like a dream.
(c) Very, very real.
10. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
(a) That boy comes from a rich home.
(b) Isn't this strange.
(c) That boy is white.
(d) I wonder where he got that accent?
11. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
(a) That they wouldn't notice that he's white.
(b) That they would be nice.
(c) That they would teach him to fit in.
(d) That they would call him Jesus.
12. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
13. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) A fire place.
(b) A stack of boxes.
(c) An old-fashioned counter .
(d) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
14. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
15. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Jesus Boy.
(b) Hey You.
(c) No Name.
(d) Can't Talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
2. What does Mama say about the poem when Frannie tells her about it?
3. What time does Frannie get home from school?
4. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
5. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)