|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the new boy's father?
(a) He's very young.
(b) He's very old.
(c) He's very tall.
(d) He's black.
2. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
(a) It's storming.
(b) It's raining.
(c) It's hot.
(d) It's snowing.
3. What does Samantha say about telling her father that she believes the new boy might be Jesus?
(a) That she plans to tell him after supper.
(b) That she won't tell him.
(c) That she plans to tell him as soon as he gets home.
(d) That she's already told him.
4. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
(a) The year she'd missed a month of school.
(b) That she wishes it would stop raining so much.
(c) That she hopes no one new shows up to their class.
(d) That she wished something new would happen.
5. What is the sign that flashes into Frannie's head as she's watching Trevor, Rayray and the new boy?
6. Why doesn't Sean attend the same school as Frannie?
(a) He's younger.
(b) He has been in trouble with the law.
(c) He's older.
(d) His school is for students with special needs.
7. What are the three things Sean does very well?
(a) Play baseball, do math and fry chicken.
(b) Play basketball, do science and make macaroni and cheese.
(c) Play football, do geography and sign.
(d) Play basketball, do math and season chicken.
8. What does Mama say surreal means?
(a) Very, very real.
(c) Like a dream.
9. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
(a) Drives a truck.
(b) Teaches teachers about new methods.
(c) Organizes meetings and events.
(d) Teaches school.
10. What does Samantha's father do?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's a security guard.
(c) He works in a bank.
(d) He's a truck driver.
11. Where is Trevor sitting?
(a) On the far left of the class.
(b) In the row in front of Frannie.
(c) In the back .
(d) In the corner.
12. What does Mama say about the poem when Frannie tells her about it?
(a) That there's an important lesson but she's not sure what that is.
(b) That Frannie shouldn't waste her time with poetry.
(c) That it's silly.
(d) That it means she should be looking foward.
13. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(a) Abigail R.ose.
(b) Lila Beth.
(c) Lily Joy
14. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
(a) His long legs.
(b) His even teeth.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His hair.
15. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
2. Which street does Samantha take when the girls reach the corner where they go separate ways?
3. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
4. What does Frannie draw on her paper after learning that Trevor was absent?
5. What is Daddy's answer when he's asked to name the prettiest place he's ever seen?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)