|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Eating cereal.
(c) Watching her mother sleep.
(d) Cleaning the bathroom.
2. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
(b) In a bun.
(c) In an afro.
(d) In braids.
3. What does Frannie say is different about walking home with Samantha in chapter six?
(b) They usually walked a different route.
(c) The new boy was with them.
(d) They were very quiet.
4. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
(a) I wonder where he got that accent?
(b) That boy is white.
(c) That boy comes from a rich home.
(d) Isn't this strange.
5. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
6. In the poem Frannie mentions, what is hope like?
(b) A ship.
(d) A bird.
7. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
(a) Parks and swings.
(b) A giant with a marker.
(c) Gangs .
(d) Hatred and violence.
8. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(a) Three and a hald.
(b) Two and a half.
(d) Frannie is actually older.
9. What does Trevor call the new boy and Frannie when he walks into the rec center?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Jesus.
(b) A cute couple.
(c) Stupid and Stupider.
(d) Flip and Flop.
10. What does Frannie draw on her paper after learning that Trevor was absent?
(a) A girl on a bicycle.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A jail.
(d) A boy on a swing.
11. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
(a) To buy groceries.
(b) To a burger place for lunch.
(c) To Frannie's grandmother's house.
(d) To the park.
12. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
13. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since kindergarten.
(b) Since the first of the school year.
(c) Since Christmas.
(d) Since first grade.
14. How many of her children does Mama say are in Baby Heaven?
(a) Just Lila.
(b) Lila and three others.
(c) Lila and two others.
(d) Lila and one other.
15. Where does Rayray say the new boy would be if he really was Jesus?
(a) At a church.
(b) At a private school.
(c) At a special-needs school.
(d) At a white school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
2. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
3. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
4. Why does Frannie say she left the gym before Sean's game was over?
5. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)