|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That it makes her a good teacher.
(b) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(c) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
2. What does Mama say when Frannie says that she feels as if the world is slipping away from her?
(a) That everyone feels that.
(b) That she shouldn't feel that way.
(c) That it's growing pains.
(d) That she should pray about it.
3. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
(a) Sean picked the name.
(b) After Frannie's father's sister.
(c) After her mother's great-grandmother.
(d) After her mother's favorite flower.
4. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
(a) Leave me alone
(b) No, I'm not deaf.
(c) Are you stupid?
(d) Why are you so mean?
5. What does Frannie say she plans to name her own daughter some day?
(b) Abigail R.ose.
(c) Lila Beth.
(d) Lily Joy
6. What is the name of Frannie's school?
(a) Peak Elementary.
(c) John Brown Elementary.
(d) Southside Primary.
7. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
(a) Jesus wouldn't have the power to stop them.
(b) Dorothy, Toto.
(c) There have always been hurricanes and tornadoes.
(d) Jesus could stop them without coming to earth.
8. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just after lunchtime.
(b) Just before third period.
(c) Just before lunchtime.
(d) Just as the class begins.
9. What are the three things Sean does very well?
(a) Play basketball, do math and season chicken.
(b) Play baseball, do math and fry chicken.
(c) Play football, do geography and sign.
(d) Play basketball, do science and make macaroni and cheese.
10. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Waves to some friends.
(b) Catches snowflakes.
(c) Pushes Sean.
(d) Starts to run.
11. What does Sean do when Frannie bumps him on purpose?
(a) Drops a dish.
(b) Falls down.
(c) Bumps her back.
(d) Tells on her.
12. What does Frannie say she thinks of when she sees the graffiti on buildings in the neighborhood?
(a) Gangs .
(b) A giant with a marker.
(c) Hatred and violence.
(d) Parks and swings.
13. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
(b) Ask Rayray where he's being taken.
(c) Ask Mrs. Johnson to go home.
(d) Make plans to send him a card.
14. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Jesus Boy.
(b) No Name.
(c) Hey You.
(d) Can't Talk.
15. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
(a) Black Pride.
(c) Casey School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
2. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
3. What does the boy pull from his pocket?
4. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
5. Why does Maribel say her mama was mad about the new boy's purchase the previous day?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)