|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
2. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Catches snowflakes.
(b) Pushes Sean.
(c) Starts to run.
(d) Waves to some friends.
3. What kind of store does Maribel's mother own?
(a) A candy store.
(b) An auto supply store.
(c) A cleaner's .
(d) A grocery store.
4. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
5. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Water and cheese.
(b) Water and milk.
(c) Butter and water.
(d) Salt and water.
6. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
(a) He was brown.
(b) He wasn't any color, like air.
(c) He was black.
(d) He was white.
7. What color is the rec center?
(c) A lot of different colors.
8. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
(a) In a bun.
(c) In braids.
(d) In an afro.
9. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
(a) To get her homework finished.
(b) To wash dishes and put them away.
(c) To clean up the living room and her bedroom.
(d) To dry the dishes and wipe everything down.
10. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(b) Jump rope.
(c) Down, down baby.
11. What is the name of the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) First Baptist.
(b) Mount Ephesus.
(c) Our Holy Father.
12. What is it the reaction of the class when the new boy speaks?
(a) They become very quiet.
(b) They catch their breaths.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They don't react at all.
13. What does Frannie's father have when he arrives at home?
14. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
(a) There have always been hurricanes and tornadoes.
(b) Dorothy, Toto.
(c) Jesus could stop them without coming to earth.
(d) Jesus wouldn't have the power to stop them.
15. When do Frannie's mom and dad begin attending church?
(a) They've always attended.
(b) When they married.
(c) After they discovered that Sean was deaf.
(d) After Lila's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Frannie's sister named Lila?
2. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
3. What time does Frannie get home from school?
4. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
5. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)