|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frannie usually wear her hair?
(a) In an afro.
(b) In braids.
(d) In a bun.
2. What time does Frannie get home from school?
(a) About two-thirty.
(b) About four-thirty.
(c) About four o'clock.
(d) About three o'clock.
3. What happens when Frannie touches the surface of the tiny creek with her boot?
(a) The ice cracks.
(b) The ripples spread out and fade away.
(c) She slips and almost falls in.
(d) Her shoe gets wet.
4. What does he do with what he pulls from his pocket?
(a) Puts it in the trash.
(b) Gives it to Ms. Johnson.
(c) Drops it on the floor.
(d) Shakes Ms. Johnson's hand.
5. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He'd buy a fancy car.
(b) He'd share information about blacks.
(c) He'd get to know people.
(d) He doesn't know.
6. How long have Samantha and Frannie been friends?
(a) Since first grade.
(b) Since the first of the school year.
(c) Since Christmas.
(d) Since kindergarten.
7. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(b) Jump rope.
(d) Down, down baby.
8. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
(a) It's clear and crisp.
(b) There's too much smog to see the sky.
(c) It's already dark with no stars.
(d) There are dark clouds.
9. Which street does Samantha take when the girls reach the corner where they go separate ways?
(a) North 24th Street.
(b) Johnson Avenue.
(c) Eastbay Road.
(d) Price Lane.
10. What are the three things Sean does very well?
(a) Play baseball, do math and fry chicken.
(b) Play basketball, do science and make macaroni and cheese.
(c) Play football, do geography and sign.
(d) Play basketball, do math and season chicken.
11. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
(a) The year she'd missed a month of school.
(b) That she wished something new would happen.
(c) That she wishes it would stop raining so much.
(d) That she hopes no one new shows up to their class.
12. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
13. Where does Daddy and Frannie go together that Saturday?
(a) To buy groceries.
(b) To a burger place for lunch.
(c) To the park.
(d) To Frannie's grandmother's house.
14. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Waves to some friends.
(b) Catches snowflakes.
(c) Pushes Sean.
(d) Starts to run.
15. What does Frannie put in the pot she's using to cook rice?
(a) Salt and water.
(b) Butter and water.
(c) Water and cheese.
(d) Water and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Frannie smell from the cafeteria?
2. Who is the first to ask the new boy's name?
3. Why is Trevor absent on the second day after the new boy arrives?
4. Who does Frannie sit down across from?
5. What color is the rec center?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)