|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samantha's father do?
(a) He works in a bank.
(b) He's a truck driver.
(c) He's a security guard.
(d) He's a preacher.
2. What does Mama say surreal means?
(c) Like a dream.
(d) Very, very real.
3. What does Mama call the library?
(a) A magical place.
(b) A waste of space.
(c) Day care center.
(d) The book place.
4. What does Frannie say she always smells in the rec center?
5. What does Samantha and Frannie share on the school yard after lunch?
(a) A swing.
(c) A chocolate cupcake.
(d) A soda.
6. Which of the following is among the things in the lobby of Frannie's apartment building?
(a) An old-fashioned counter .
(b) A painting of a dog chasing a fox.
(c) A stack of boxes.
(d) A fire place.
7. What is the name of the school Sean attends?
8. What does most of the class do after learning the reason for Trevor's absence?
(a) Ask Rayray where he's being taken.
(c) Ask Mrs. Johnson to go home.
(d) Make plans to send him a card.
9. Why is Trevor absent on the second day after the new boy arrives?
(a) He's in trouble with the law.
(b) He's skipped.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) His mother won't send him to school with a white boy.
10. What is Frannie's real first name?
11. What does Frannie draw on her paper after learning that Trevor was absent?
(a) A girl on a bicycle.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A boy on a swing.
(d) A jail.
12. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Jesus Boy.
(b) No Name.
(c) Can't Talk.
(d) Hey You.
13. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(b) Three and a hald.
(c) Frannie is actually older.
(d) Two and a half.
14. What is the word Samantha uses to describe the new boy showing up at their school?
15. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
(a) Talk or I'll hit you!
(b) Why aren't you talking?
(c) Are you stupid?
(d) Are you deaf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frannie's reaction when the new boy says she and Sean look alike?
2. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
3. When does the new boy walk into the class?
4. What dose the new boy say to Rayray and Trevor in sign language?
5. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)