|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the new boy walk into the class?
(a) Just after lunchtime.
(b) Just as the class begins.
(c) Just before lunchtime.
(d) Just before third period.
2. What does Samantha say is the shortest verse in the Bible?
(a) And then He died.
(c) The water turned to wine.
(d) Jesus wept.
3. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
(a) He was white.
(b) He was black.
(c) He wasn't any color, like air.
(d) He was brown.
4. What is the name of Frannie's school?
(a) John Brown Elementary.
(b) Peak Elementary.
(d) Southside Primary.
5. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Hey You.
(b) Can't Talk.
(c) Jesus Boy.
(d) No Name.
6. What is Rayray's real name?
(b) Gary Gray.
(c) Raymond Reyson..
7. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
(a) Because he's rich.
(b) Because he's poor.
(c) Because he's white.
(d) Because he's not very smart.
8. What is Daddy's answer when he's asked to name the prettiest place he's ever seen?
(c) His own neighborhood.
9. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
(c) Black Pride.
(d) Casey School.
10. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
11. What does Sean ask Frannie to imagine while they are sitting together at the beginning of chapter three?
(a) A bridge that connects the two sides of the highway.
(b) Having their father at home all the time.
(c) Having al lthe candy and ice cream they wanted.
(d) A world in which hatred doesn't exist.
12. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
(a) Jump rope.
(b) Down, down baby.
13. Where is Trevor sitting?
(a) In the back .
(b) On the far left of the class.
(c) In the row in front of Frannie.
(d) In the corner.
14. What does Frannie's father do for a living?
(a) Teaches teachers about new methods.
(b) Drives a truck.
(c) Organizes meetings and events.
(d) Teaches school.
15. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(a) Frannie is actually older.
(b) Three and a hald.
(c) Two and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word Samantha uses to describe the new boy showing up at their school?
2. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
3. What happens when Frannie touches the surface of the tiny creek with her boot?
4. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
5. What are the three things Sean does very well?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)