|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
2. What does Frannie note about the front of her turtleneck sweater?
(a) It has a small hole.
(b) She has a stain on it.
(c) It has a peace sign.
(d) It's a deep purple color.
3. What color are Trevor's eyes?
4. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
(a) She grasps his arm with her other hand as well.
(b) She lets herself fall back so that he catches her.
(c) She pulls away.
(d) She knows she's too big to hold hands but lets him.
5. What's Sean's response when Daddy says he's to wash the dishes?
(a) That he shouldn't have to cook and wash.
(b) That he doesn't mind.
(c) That he has too much homework.
(d) That he doesn't want to wash.
6. What does the boy say is the reason he and his family left their home on the other side of the highway?
(a) That it was difficult for his parents.
(b) That he hated the school.
(c) That they couldn't afford to live there.
(d) That he'd wanted to know how blacks lived.
7. Why does Mama say she can't attend the church Samantha's family attends?
(a) The two families have had a falling out.
(b) She wouldn't fit in because she doesn't have nice clothes.
(c) She isn't good enough or bad enough.
(d) They are different religions.
8. What is written on Maribel's shirt?
(a) Black Pride.
(c) Casey School.
9. What does Frannie draw on her paper after learning that Trevor was absent?
(a) A jail.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A girl on a bicycle.
(d) A boy on a swing.
10. What is the sign that flashes into Frannie's head as she's watching Trevor, Rayray and the new boy?
11. Why does Maribel say the new boy should be on the other side of the highway?
(a) Because he's white.
(b) Because he's poor.
(c) Because he's rich.
(d) Because he's not very smart.
12. What was the name of Frannie's sister who died?
13. How old was Sean when Frannie was born?
(a) Three and a hald.
(b) Two and a half.
(c) Frannie is actually older.
14. When do Frannie's mom and dad begin attending church?
(a) When they married.
(b) After they discovered that Sean was deaf.
(c) After Lila's death.
(d) They've always attended.
15. What is the feature Frannie most wants from her father?
(a) His even teeth.
(b) His laugh.
(c) His hair.
(d) His long legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
2. Who does Frannie and Daddy pass as they are leaving their building?
3. What does Sean do when Frannie bumps him on purpose?
4. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
5. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)