|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frannie's thought when the boy speaks?
(a) Isn't this strange.
(b) That boy comes from a rich home.
(c) I wonder where he got that accent?
(d) That boy is white.
2. What does Trevor ask the new boy when the boy doesn't say what his name is?
(a) Are you stupid?
(b) Talk or I'll hit you!
(c) Are you deaf?
(d) Why aren't you talking?
3. What is Frannie's reaction when her father takes her hand?
(a) She knows she's too big to hold hands but lets him.
(b) She grasps his arm with her other hand as well.
(c) She lets herself fall back so that he catches her.
(d) She pulls away.
4. What does Frannie start promising herself as Samantha starts walking away?
(a) That she'll find out who the new boy really is.
(b) That she'll talk to her grandmother about it.
(c) That she'll go to church more and listen to her grandmother.
(d) That she'll talk to Sean about it.
5. How many churches does Samantha say her grandmother attends on Sundays?
6. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
(a) Dorothy, Toto.
(b) There have always been hurricanes and tornadoes.
(c) Jesus could stop them without coming to earth.
(d) Jesus wouldn't have the power to stop them.
7. What color are Trevor's eyes?
8. Who does Frannie's father work for?
(a) Interdevelopment Corporation.
(b) Interstate Moving.
(c) Indiana Department of Education.
(d) Inner City Teachers Coalition.
9. What does Frannie note about the front of her turtleneck sweater?
(a) It has a small hole.
(b) It has a peace sign.
(c) It's a deep purple color.
(d) She has a stain on it.
10. What's the news Daddy shares that explains why Mama is tired?
(a) There's a baby coming.
(b) She's sitting up at night with a neighbor.
(c) Their grandmother is ill.
(d) Mama has cancer.
11. When do Frannie's mom and dad begin attending church?
(a) They've always attended.
(b) When they married.
(c) After they discovered that Sean was deaf.
(d) After Lila's death.
12. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That it makes her a good teacher.
(b) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(c) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(d) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
13. What does Frannie do as she and Sean step out of the rec center into the snow?
(a) Pushes Sean.
(b) Catches snowflakes.
(c) Starts to run.
(d) Waves to some friends.
14. What is Rayray's real name?
(a) Gary Gray.
(d) Raymond Reyson..
15. What is Frannie doing when she hears Sean turn off the television and go to his room?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Watching her mother sleep.
(c) Eating cereal.
(d) Cleaning the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy say he first signed to Frannie?
2. What color does Rayray say Jesus was?
3. What does Frannie's father have when he arrives at home?
4. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
5. What kind of shoes is the new boy wearing?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)