|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie say about Mrs. Johnson's willingness to continue working on an issue until everyone gets it?
(a) That Mrs. Johnson is too patient.
(b) That Mrs. Johnson always moves on too quickly.
(c) That she's always bored by the time they move on.
(d) That it makes her a good teacher.
2. What's the news Daddy shares that explains why Mama is tired?
(a) There's a baby coming.
(b) Mama has cancer.
(c) She's sitting up at night with a neighbor.
(d) Their grandmother is ill.
3. What does Frannie feel while she's sitting in Mama's lap?
(a) The fear that something will happen to Mama.
(b) The fear that something will happen to the baby.
(c) The fear of the coming changes.
(d) A foot kick at her.
4. What is written by the rule "no graffiti" in the hallway of the rec center?
(a) A gang symbol.
(b) A name and a frownie face.
(d) The words "why not".
5. What is the sign for Jesus?
(a) The middle finger touching the opposite palm.
(b) Both hand stretched out as if nailed to the cross.
(c) Hands folded together with two fingers pointed up.
(d) Both hands together as if in prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the smells Frannie associates with her grandmother?
2. What's Frannie's chore after dinner?
3. What does Mama say about the poem when Frannie tells her about it?
4. What is the song Frannie hears on the school yard as she's talking to the new boy in chapter eighteen?
5. What does Frannie say about the sky as they're walking home that day?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)