|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama call the library?
(a) The book place.
(b) Day care center.
(c) A waste of space.
(d) A magical place.
2. What do Trevor and Rayray start calling the new boy?
(a) Can't Talk.
(b) Hey You.
(c) Jesus Boy.
(d) No Name.
3. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
(a) That they would call him Jesus.
(b) That they wouldn't notice that he's white.
(c) That they would teach him to fit in.
(d) That they would be nice.
4. In the poem Frannie mentions, what is hope like?
(a) A bird.
(c) A ship.
5. What does Sean say he'd do after he crossed the bridge he's imagined?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He'd share information about blacks.
(c) He'd buy a fancy car.
(d) He'd get to know people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Frannie been thinking about that very morning?
2. What does Frannie's father have when he arrives at home?
3. What is Maribel playing on the playground?
4. What color are the pants the new boy is wearing?
5. What is Rayray's real name?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)