|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Frannie hear from the new boy when he sits down?
(a) A giggle.
(b) A sigh.
(c) A sob.
(d) A cry of pain.
2. Why is the class cheering that morning?
(a) They're getting a new student.
(b) They are getting a free period .
(c) They're going to be allowed to go outside.
(d) They will have tacos for lunch.
3. What does the boy say his father had promised about people on this side of the highway?
(a) That they would be nice.
(b) That they would call him Jesus.
(c) That they wouldn't notice that he's white.
(d) That they would teach him to fit in.
4. What does Mama say about the poem when Frannie tells her about it?
(a) That there's an important lesson but she's not sure what that is.
(b) That it means she should be looking foward.
(c) That it's silly.
(d) That Frannie shouldn't waste her time with poetry.
5. What is the name of Frannie's school?
(a) John Brown Elementary.
(c) Southside Primary.
(d) Peak Elementary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Frannie written below her name on her notebook?
2. When Samantha starts listing arguments as to why Jesus might return in their time, she says because of hurricanes and tornadoes. What is Frannie's response to that?
3. What's the weather like on the day of the new boy's arrival in Frannie's class?
4. What does Mama call the library?
5. Where is Trevor sitting?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)