|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person in line ahead of Thompson at the Hotel Flamingo arguing with the hotel desk clerk?
(a) He wants an extra bed for his daughter.
(b) His reservation is late.
(c) They are not arguing.
(d) He wanted a king sized bed.
2. What is Thompson wearing at the beginning of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Wingtips and sport coat.
(b) Torn blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
(c) Shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.
(d) A Neru shirt and black pants.
3. What is the effect of the drug Thompson takes in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He becomes manic for hours.
(c) There is not a big effect.
(d) He falls into a state of paralysis.
4. What do Thompson and the attorney ultimately do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
(a) Take her to the Circus-Circus.
(b) Drop her off in the airport lobby.
(c) Turn her over to the authorities.
(d) Nothing, she leaves after Thompson gets there.
5. What does Thompson have to do at noon the next day after he takes the drugs in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He has to send in his report on the Mint 400.
(b) He has to attend the seminar.
(c) Nothing, he plans to be sleeping.
(d) He has to drive back to L.A.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Thompson and the attorney at the beginning of Part II, Chapter 6?
2. What were the final charges made against the two drug dealers in Part II, Chapter 10?
3. What does the cook say about the waitress’s thoughts on the American Dream?
4. How far from Baker does Thompson stop to inventory his drugs in Part II, Chapter 1?
5. For what do Thompson and the attorney tell the waitress in Part II, Chapter 9 they are looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thompson do with the Red Shark in the beginning of Part II, and what does he do right after that?
2. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do after he takes care of the problem with Lucy, and what happens immediately after Thompson follows the attorney’s advice?
3. How does Thompson feel when he returns to their destroyed suite at the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
4. What happens when Thompson is at the car rental booth in Part II?
5. What changes in the narration in Part II, Chapter 9?
6. What does Thompson find when he enters his hotel room in Part II, Chapter 3?
7. What does Thompson read in the pharmacy parking lot?
8. How long is the first session of the convention in Part II, Chapter 7, and how does Thompson feel about being there?
9. How is Thompson doing several hours after taking the attorney’s advise in Part II, Chapter 5, and what must Thompson do at noon the next day?
10. How does Thompson handle the situation with the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk in Part II, Chapter 4?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)