|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the girl with the attorney feeling when Thompson comes into their room at the Hotel Flamingo?
(d) Nervous and tense.
2. To where do Thompson and the attorney ask for directions in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) Lake Tahoe.
(b) Boulder City.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The airport.
3. How is Thompson treated when he steps around the argument in the lobby and jumps ahead at the Hotel Flamingo?
(a) He is ignored.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is treated like a VIP.
(d) He is sent out of the hotel.
4. What does the waitress think the American Dream might be?
(a) A place.
(b) A fable.
(c) A book.
(d) A type of political manipulation.
5. What does Thompson call Timothy Leary?
(a) A misguided sage.
(b) A fool.
(c) A genious.
(d) A fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the DA in the bar act when Thompson and the attorney give specifics of crimes?
2. What bothers Thompson about the obese husband and wife at the conference in Part II?
3. What is written instead of the manuscript, as explained in Part II, Chapter 9?
4. How does the attorney feel about Thompson’s decision in Part II, Chapter 5?
5. What does the attorney tell Thompson could happen if Thompson struggles against the effects of the drug in Part II, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thompson is checking into the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 2?
2. How is Thompson doing several hours after taking the attorney’s advise in Part II, Chapter 5, and what must Thompson do at noon the next day?
3. How does the attorney keep Thompson from leaving Las Vegas in Part II, Chapter 5?
4. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk accost Thompson and the attorney when they return to the hotel in Part II, Chapter 4?
5. What does Thompson do with the Red Shark in the beginning of Part II, and what does he do right after that?
6. What happens when Thompson is at the car rental booth in Part II?
7. What changes in the narration in Part II, Chapter 9?
8. What does the waitress at the taco stand in Part II, Chapter 9 believe when Thompson and the attorney tell her they are looking for the American Dream, and what does the cook say to them?
9. In Part II, Chapter 8, what happens when Thompson is driving the White Whale around Las Vegas with the attorney?
10. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do after he takes care of the problem with Lucy, and what happens immediately after Thompson follows the attorney’s advice?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)