|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 7, what does Thompson think about the police officer in the seminar and drug users?
(a) The police hate all of them.
(b) The police there could never spot an actual user.
(c) The police can tell at a glance who uses drugs.
(d) The police are some of the worst users.
2. Why does Thompson feel on edge around the seminar people in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid they will see him for a user.
(b) He has an aversion to them.
(c) He wants them to like him.
(d) He cannot find anyone to write about.
3. Why was the person in jail , according to the newspaper article Thompson read in the pharmacy parking lot?
(a) He was having a drug overdose.
(b) He was a draft dodger.
(c) He had robbed a store.
(d) He had been arrested for reckless driving.
4. What does the attorney tell Thompson could happen if Thompson struggles against the effects of the drug in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) The drugs wear off faster.
(b) The drugs wear off slower.
(c) Brain damage.
(d) A bad trip.
5. What does the short cook in Part II, Chapter 9 give Thompson?
(c) An extra drink.
(d) Free food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the DA in the bar act when Thompson and the attorney give specifics of crimes?
2. For what was Thompson’s friend in Part II, Chapter 10 jailed?
3. What did the person Thompson read about in the newspaper in the pharmacy parking lotdo while in jail?
4. How is Thompson treated when he steps around the argument in the lobby and jumps ahead at the Hotel Flamingo?
5. Where did the story about anti-American songs and an astronaut take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk accost Thompson and the attorney when they return to the hotel in Part II, Chapter 4?
2. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do after he takes care of the problem with Lucy, and what happens immediately after Thompson follows the attorney’s advice?
3. How long is the first session of the convention in Part II, Chapter 7, and how does Thompson feel about being there?
4. Why does Thompson stop east of Baker and what does he get at a pharmacy?
5. How does Thompson feel when he returns to their destroyed suite at the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
6. What happens when Thompson is at the car rental booth in Part II?
7. What happens with the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11 when she comes into the suite when Thompson and the attorney are there?
8. What happened in Aspen when Bruce was singing there one time?
9. What does the waitress at the taco stand in Part II, Chapter 9 believe when Thompson and the attorney tell her they are looking for the American Dream, and what does the cook say to them?
10. What does Thompson find when he enters his hotel room in Part II, Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)