|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the attorney tell Lucy when he calls her in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He will see her that night.
(b) He has more information for her.
(c) He has been called home on business.
(d) He has had a violent fight with Thompson and the police are following him.
2. What does Thompson do about the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) He tells the attorney to leave her alone.
(b) He has her sit on the bed.
(c) He tells her she is under arrest.
(d) He tells her to leave.
3. What does the waitress call the American Dream?
(a) The Psychiatrist’s Club.
(c) The poor man's comfort.
(d) The Democracy Institute.
4. Why is the person in line ahead of Thompson at the Hotel Flamingo arguing with the hotel desk clerk?
(a) He wants an extra bed for his daughter.
(b) They are not arguing.
(c) He wanted a king sized bed.
(d) His reservation is late.
5. What does the attorney tell Thompson could happen if Thompson struggles against the effects of the drug in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) The drugs wear off slower.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) A bad trip.
(d) The drugs wear off faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the attorney give drugs to the girl with him in the Hotel Flamingo room?
2. Why does Thompson stop at the gas station with the White Whale in Part II, Chapter 8?
3. How many types of marijuana use does a speaker name at the convention in Part II, Chapter 6?
4. What bothers Thompson most about the people attending the narcotics conference?
5. What does Thompson suggest to the attorney they do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Aspen when Bruce was singing there one time?
2. What happens when Thompson is checking into the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 2?
3. How does the attorney keep Thompson from leaving Las Vegas in Part II, Chapter 5?
4. What does the waitress at the taco stand in Part II, Chapter 9 believe when Thompson and the attorney tell her they are looking for the American Dream, and what does the cook say to them?
5. What happens when Thompson is at the car rental booth in Part II?
6. What does Thompson and the attorney do with the girl in the hotel room in Part II, Chapter 3?
7. What do Thompson and the attorney tell the DA from Georgia and what is the DA’s reaction to it?
8. What happens between Thompson and the attorney and the waitress at the diner in Part II, Chapter 8?
9. What changes in the narration in Part II, Chapter 9?
10. Where does Thompson and the attorney sit at the first day of the convention and what are they each wearing?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)