|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Thompson most about the people attending the narcotics conference?
(a) They do not like homosexuals.
(b) They are all white.
(c) Their beliefs are completely opposite his.
(d) They are all men.
2. How is the girl with the attorney feeling when Thompson comes into their room at the Hotel Flamingo?
(a) Nervous and tense.
3. Why is the person in line ahead of Thompson at the Hotel Flamingo arguing with the hotel desk clerk?
(a) He wants an extra bed for his daughter.
(b) They are not arguing.
(c) His reservation is late.
(d) He wanted a king sized bed.
4. How is Thompson treated when he steps around the argument in the lobby and jumps ahead at the Hotel Flamingo?
(a) He is treated like a VIP.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He is sent out of the hotel.
5. Why is Thompson worried about his role in the narcotics conference?
(a) He will not be a passive observer.
(b) He does not like crowds.
(c) He believes drugs are good for everyone.
(d) He is wanted for armed robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written instead of the manuscript, as explained in Part II, Chapter 9?
2. About what does the person who called Thompson in his Hotel Flamingo room in Part II, Chapter 12 have information?
3. What does the attorney tell the girl he has brought to the Hotel Flamingo in order to get her in a good mood?
4. What does the attorney do to the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. How does the attorney feel about Thompson’s decision in Part II, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thompson is at the car rental booth in Part II?
2. How does the attorney keep Thompson from leaving Las Vegas in Part II, Chapter 5?
3. How does Thompson handle the situation with the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk in Part II, Chapter 4?
4. Why does Bruce Innes call Thompson, and what does Thompson do after he talks to Bruce? What is the outcome of the situation?
5. How long is the first session of the convention in Part II, Chapter 7, and how does Thompson feel about being there?
6. What do Thompson and the attorney tell the DA from Georgia and what is the DA’s reaction to it?
7. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk accost Thompson and the attorney when they return to the hotel in Part II, Chapter 4?
8. What changes in the narration in Part II, Chapter 9?
9. What does Thompson do with the Red Shark in the beginning of Part II, and what does he do right after that?
10. How does Thompson feel when he returns to their destroyed suite at the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)