|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
(a) The hitchhiker they had picked up on the way to Las Vegas.
(b) One of the winners of the Mint 400.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) The F.B.I.
2. What is the bartender wearing at the bar outside Las Vegas where Thompson has stopped at the end of Part 1?
(a) A muu muu and overalls.
(b) A hippie dress.
(c) Blue jeans and sweat shirt.
(d) Shorts and halter top.
3. What does the lawyer do when he begins to feel the effects of the mescaline in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He panics.
(d) He gets up on the stage.
4. What does the lawyer do when Thompson does not do what the lawyer has asked upon returning to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Brandish his hunting knife at him.
(b) Poke him in the arm with his pen knife.
(c) Threaten him with a gun.
(d) Stabs at him with the letter opener.
5. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
(a) Black Russians.
(c) Mescaline and Singapore Slings.
(d) LSD and cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson think is the way Lacerda returned to L.A.?
2. Who brings a pink telephone to Thompson in Part 1?
3. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
4. What shirt is Thompson thinking about wearing for driving home in Part 1, Chapter 11?
5. Why is Thompson not able to see the race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thompson do to see the race better, and what does he do when that fails?
2. What does Thompson describe about his run in with a Highway Patrol Officer?
3. What happens when Thompson and the lawyer attempt to check into the first hotel they stay at in Las Vegas?
4. Why is Thompson feeling so overwhelmed at the thought of leaving Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 11?
5. What does Thompson’s lawyer ask him to do when Thompson finds him in the bathtub? What is the result of that request?
6. What do Thompson and his attorney do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
7. How does Thompson get started on his journey to Las Vegas?
8. What seems to change Thompson’s plans to leave Las Vegas in Part I?
9. What does Thompson do after the attorney threatens people in the elevator in Part I, Chapter 7, and why does the attorney feel so badly?
10. What does Thompson say he and his attorney must do to prepare for the trip to Las Vegas?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)