|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police officer in Part 1, Chapter 12 tell Thompson to do?
(a) Get out of the vehicle.
(b) Keep his hands on the steering wheel.
(c) Put his hands on the hood of the car.
(d) Pull into the next rest area and take a nap.
2. What does Thompson say they must get before they can leave for Las Vegas?
(a) Cocaine and luggage.
(b) A car, cocaine and a tape recorder.
(c) A car and their astrology forecast for predicting their gambling.
(d) A tape recorder, a gun, and some maps.
3. Where were Thompson and the lawyer when Thompson’s employer calls them in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) In the Polo lounge.
(b) At the golf course.
(c) At Thompson’s house.
(d) At the lawyer’s office.
4. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
(b) Mescaline and Singapore Slings.
(c) Black Russians.
(d) LSD and cocaine.
5. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson leave the lawyer in the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
2. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
3. What do Thompson and the lawyer do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
4. What does Thompson think, in the beginning of Chapter 12, is a real possibility for him?
5. What kind of job does Thompson have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is waiting for Thompson at Hotel Flamingo in Part I, Chapter 10, and what does Thompson decide to do about the telegram he receives?
2. What worries Thompson about his and his attorney’s behavior in front of the hitchhiker, and what does Thompson decide to do about it?
3. What story does Thompson tell readers about the effects of long term drug use?
4. What was the result of Thompson’s encounter with the person in his story about the effects of long-term drug use?
5. What is the thought that finally spurs Thompson to leave Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 11?
6. What does Thompson do after the attorney threatens people in the elevator in Part I, Chapter 7, and why does the attorney feel so badly?
7. What do Thompson and his attorney do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
8. Where does Thompson stop in Baker, California, and how is he feeling while he is there?
9. How is Thompson trying to leave Las Vegas at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 11?
10. Why is Hunter Thompson going to Las Vegas at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)