|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
2. What is the bartender wearing at the bar outside Las Vegas where Thompson has stopped at the end of Part 1?
(a) Shorts and halter top.
(b) A muu muu and overalls.
(c) A hippie dress.
(d) Blue jeans and sweat shirt.
3. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Two motorcycles.
(b) A land cruiser.
(c) A minivan.
(d) A Ford Bronco.
4. Why does Thompson decide to leave Las Vegas in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) His job is done.
(b) A woman he met wants to see California.
(c) He is running up a large hotel bill and drug use makes him paranoid.
(d) His employer has another assignment for him.
5. Who does the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10 think is paying Thompson’s hotel bill?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) Raoul Duke.
(d) Dr. Gonzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
2. What kind of shirt does the man who talks about physically abusing his wife wear?
3. What song is playing on the radio when Thompson takes over the car in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. What happens to the clerk’s face at the first hotel when Thompson is talking to her in Part 1?
5. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Thompson and his lawyer go for a show after leaving the Mint 400, and what happens there? What do they do after that?
2. What does Thompson do to see the race better, and what does he do when that fails?
3. What does Thompson decide to do when the attorney goes into a panic in the Circus-Circus?
4. Why and how does the hitchhiker leave the car that the attorney is driving?
5. What does Thompson notice about other journalists at the Mint 400, and how does he feel about what he sees?
6. What does the attorney think when he and Thompson find the photographer’s key waiting for them?
7. What is the thought that finally spurs Thompson to leave Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 11?
8. How is Thompson trying to leave Las Vegas at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 11?
9. What happens to the attorney on the way to the racetrack in Part 1, and what does Thompson do about it?
10. What do Thompson and his attorney do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)