|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
(a) The hitchhiker they had picked up on the way to Las Vegas.
(b) One of the winners of the Mint 400.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) The F.B.I.
2. What does Thompson say one should do if he is speeding and a police car turns on its lights behind you?
(a) Pull into the median.
(b) Slow down.
(c) Stop suddenly.
(d) Speed up.
3. Under what name is Thompson going in the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) Patrick Hardy.
(b) Duke Jameson.
(c) Raoul Duke.
(d) Bobby Therman.
4. For what does Thompson tell the hitchhiker he and the lawyer are searching?
(a) He does not tell the hitchhiker anything, he is pretending to sleep.
(b) Thompson's son.
(c) A new hometown for Thompson.
(d) The American Dream.
5. Of what nationality is the lawyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Thompson’s lawyer leave Las Vegas?
2. What does Thompson say the two men have to wear to Las Vegas?
3. Why does Thompson get a telegram in Part 1, Chapter 10?
4. Where did Thompson have his first hits of LSD?
5. Why was Thompson almost arrested in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hunter Thompson going to Las Vegas at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Thompson decide to do when the attorney goes into a panic in the Circus-Circus?
3. What does Thompson tell the lawyer they must do when they get to their room in the first hotel they stay at in Las Vegas?
4. What was the result of Thompson’s encounter with the person in his story about the effects of long-term drug use?
5. Where does Thompson stop in Baker, California, and how is he feeling while he is there?
6. What seems to change Thompson’s plans to leave Las Vegas in Part I?
7. What does Thompson realize after the attorney pulls a gun on him in Part I, Chapter 3?
8. What is the thought that finally spurs Thompson to leave Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 11?
9. How does Thompson get started on his journey to Las Vegas?
10. Why does Thompson decide to leave Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 9?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)