|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, what does the lawyer pull out in the elevator?
(a) A switchblade.
(b) A pen knife.
(c) A Magnum .357.
(d) A razor sharp hunting knife.
2. What highway runs from Las Vegas to Los Angeles?
(a) Bakersfield Highway.
(b) Highway 1.
(c) Interstate 15.
(d) Highway 66.
3. What does Thompson have in his hand as he waits for the police officer to come to his car in Part 1, Chapter 12?
(a) His license.
(b) An I.D. that says he is a doctor.
(c) A beer.
(d) A press pass.
4. Who brings a pink telephone to Thompson in Part 1?
(a) A clown.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His sister.
(d) A dwarf.
5. What is the lawyer doing when Thompson returns to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Stabbing the pillows with a letter opener.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Taking a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Thompson and the lawyer get into an argument after the lawyer pulls the car over to the side of the road?
2. What is the bartender wearing at the bar outside Las Vegas where Thompson has stopped at the end of Part 1?
3. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
4. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
5. How many years did Ali get sentenced to prison, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man in the Harley-Davidson shirt get to the Mint 400 race?
2. What does Thompson notice about other journalists at the Mint 400, and how does he feel about what he sees?
3. Why and how does the hitchhiker leave the car that the attorney is driving?
4. Why does Thompson decide to leave Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 9?
5. What happens when Thompson and the lawyer attempt to check into the first hotel they stay at in Las Vegas?
6. What does Thompson decide to do when the attorney goes into a panic in the Circus-Circus?
7. How does Thompson get started on his journey to Las Vegas?
8. What do Thompson and his attorney do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
9. What story does Thompson tell readers about the effects of long term drug use?
10. What does Thompson say he and his attorney must do to prepare for the trip to Las Vegas?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)