|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson think is the way Lacerda returned to L.A.?
(a) Drove a rental car.
(b) Took the train.
(c) Greyhound bus.
2. For what does Thompson tell the hitchhiker he and the lawyer are searching?
(a) The American Dream.
(b) A new hometown for Thompson.
(c) He does not tell the hitchhiker anything, he is pretending to sleep.
(d) Thompson's son.
3. What happens to the clerk’s face at the first hotel when Thompson is talking to her in Part 1?
(b) She blushes.
(c) It turns into a moray eel.
(d) Her face shows disgust at him.
4. Where were Thompson and the lawyer when Thompson’s employer calls them in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) In the Polo lounge.
(b) At the golf course.
(c) At Thompson’s house.
(d) At the lawyer’s office.
5. What does the lawyer do when he begins to feel the effects of the mescaline in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He gets up on the stage.
(c) He panics.
(d) He passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what nationality is the lawyer?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 7, what does the lawyer pull out in the elevator?
3. What does Thompson do while he is waiting for his car to be brought to him in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. What does Thompson think, in the beginning of Chapter 12, is a real possibility for him?
5. Why does Thompson decide to leave Las Vegas in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is waiting for Thompson at Hotel Flamingo in Part I, Chapter 10, and what does Thompson decide to do about the telegram he receives?
2. What worries Thompson about his and his attorney’s behavior in front of the hitchhiker, and what does Thompson decide to do about it?
3. What is the thought that finally spurs Thompson to leave Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 11?
4. What does Thompson realize after the attorney pulls a gun on him in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. How does Thompson get started on his journey to Las Vegas?
6. What do Thompson and his attorney do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
7. Why is Thompson feeling so overwhelmed at the thought of leaving Las Vegas in Part I, Chapter 11?
8. What does Thompson do to see the race better, and what does he do when that fails?
9. What seems to change Thompson’s plans to leave Las Vegas in Part I?
10. Why is Hunter Thompson going to Las Vegas at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)