|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
(a) A horror flick.
(b) A piece about the Laos invasion.
(c) Advertising for a rival firm.
(d) The swearing in of a new Supreme Court justice.
2. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
(b) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
(c) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
(d) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
3. What kind of race is the Mint 400?
(a) A dog race.
(b) A scavenger hunt.
(c) A motorcycle and dune buggy race.
(d) A horse race.
4. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
(a) The F.B.I.
(b) The hitchhiker they had picked up on the way to Las Vegas.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) One of the winners of the Mint 400.
5. What does Thompson think, in the beginning of Chapter 12, is a real possibility for him?
(a) Having a physical and mental breakdown.
(b) Having his wife gone when he gets home.
(c) Not being able to stay in Las Vegas.
(d) Being stopped by a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Thompson able to keep his original decision never to use LSD?
2. What does the lawyer do when Thompson does not do what the lawyer has asked upon returning to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
4. Why does Thompson leave the lawyer in the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
5. Why was Thompson almost arrested in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the attorney on the way to the racetrack in Part 1, and what does Thompson do about it?
2. What do Thompson and his attorney do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
3. What worries Thompson about his and his attorney’s behavior in front of the hitchhiker, and what does Thompson decide to do about it?
4. What does Thompson tell the lawyer they must do when they get to their room in the first hotel they stay at in Las Vegas?
5. What story does Thompson tell readers about the effects of long term drug use?
6. What does the attorney think when he and Thompson find the photographer’s key waiting for them?
7. What happens when Thompson and the lawyer attempt to check into the first hotel they stay at in Las Vegas?
8. How is Thompson trying to leave Las Vegas at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 11?
9. Where does Thompson and his lawyer go for a show after leaving the Mint 400, and what happens there? What do they do after that?
10. What does Thompson’s lawyer ask him to do when Thompson finds him in the bathtub? What is the result of that request?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)