|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the attorney doing when a maid enters their room in the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(c) Vomiting in his shoes.
(d) Threatening Thompson with a knife.
2. What does the attorney do to the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Nothing, she left the room.
(b) He threatens her with a knife.
(c) He invites her into the tub.
(d) He tackles her.
3. Who is giving a speech on the television in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) Carl Albert.
(c) John Lennon.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. What bothers Thompson most about the people attending the narcotics conference?
(a) They do not like homosexuals.
(b) Their beliefs are completely opposite his.
(c) They are all white.
(d) They are all men.
5. What does the attorney tell Lucy when he calls her in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He will see her that night.
(b) He has more information for her.
(c) He has had a violent fight with Thompson and the police are following him.
(d) He has been called home on business.
6. For what do Thompson and the attorney tell the waitress in Part II, Chapter 9 they are looking?
(a) The American Dream.
(b) The Land of Oz.
(c) An honest man.
(d) Better drugs.
7. At what kind of food place does Thompson and the attorney stop in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A Dairy Queen.
(b) A taco stand.
(c) A Texan barbecue.
(d) A hamburger joint.
8. How does the attorney cause a ruckus in the seminar in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) He leaves early and has to push his way through the chairs.
(b) He demands to talk on the stage.
(c) He accuses the police of being stupid.
(d) He pulls out his hunting knife.
9. By what name does the narrator go?
(a) Dr. Uranus.
(b) Dr. Duke.
(c) Dr. Who.
(d) Dr. Leary.
10. In Part II, what car does the man at the car rental booth recommend?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A cadillac.
(c) A Lincoln Continental.
(d) A Mercedes.
11. How does Thompson pay for his car in Part II?
(a) With cash.
(b) With a voucher from his employer.
(c) With a bad credit card.
(d) With a good credit card.
12. What does Thompson suggest to the attorney they do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
(b) Send her back to work.
(c) Call her parents.
(d) Use her as a prostitute at the seminar.
13. Who calls Thompson while he is still in the Hotel Flamingo room in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Bruce Innes.
(b) The maid.
(c) The attorney.
14. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) Take a hit of adrenochrome.
(b) Swallow two mescalines.
(c) Smoke some marijuana.
(d) Take a hit of LSD.
15. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk decide to leave Thompson alone in Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) He is frightened by the attorney.
(b) He is called away on a another task.
(c) He does not care what Thompson does.
(d) He thinks Thompson is a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the opening session of the seminar in Part II, Chapter 7?
2. Who does Thompson encounter at the Hotel Flamingo?
3. How is Thompson treated when he steps around the argument in the lobby and jumps ahead at the Hotel Flamingo?
4. What do Thompson and the attorney ask the Hotel Flamingo maid to do in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. Why does Thompson stop at the gas station with the White Whale in Part II, Chapter 8?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)