|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young man do with the astronaut’s autograph?
(a) Give it to his girlfriend.
(b) Put it in his pocket.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Put it on the bulletin board.
2. How many types of marijuana use does a speaker name at the convention in Part II, Chapter 6?
3. What was the attorney doing when a maid enters their room in the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Vomiting in his shoes.
(d) Threatening Thompson with a knife.
4. What does the attorney tell Lucy when he calls her in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He has been called home on business.
(b) He will see her that night.
(c) He has more information for her.
(d) He has had a violent fight with Thompson and the police are following him.
5. What does the attorney order when he and Thompson stop at a diner in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) French fries.
(c) Two hamburgers.
(d) A chocolate milkshake.
6. How does the attorney cause a ruckus in the seminar in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) He accuses the police of being stupid.
(b) He demands to talk on the stage.
(c) He leaves early and has to push his way through the chairs.
(d) He pulls out his hunting knife.
7. Where does Thompson abandon the Red Shark?
(a) In the rental car lot at the airport.
(b) At the Highway Patrol Headquarters.
(c) In the pharmacy parking lot.
(d) At the bus station.
8. What car does Thompson chose at the rental booth in Part II?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Volvo.
(d) A Mercedes.
9. How does the attorney feel about Thompson’s decision in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He does not want Thompson to do it.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) He agrees with it.
(d) He is reluctant, but agrees to attend the seminar with Thompson.
10. What does Thompson think about when he returns to the room at the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Going to a show that night.
(b) Whether the attorney’s plane had landed in L.A. yet.
(c) The terrible condition of the room.
11. At what kind of food place does Thompson and the attorney stop in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A Dairy Queen.
(b) A Texan barbecue.
(c) A hamburger joint.
(d) A taco stand.
12. What does Thompson decide to do after talking with the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk in Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) Get the attorney to leave Las Vegas.
(b) Leave Las Vegas.
(c) Go to another hotel.
(d) Attend the seminar that night.
13. Why is the person in line ahead of Thompson at the Hotel Flamingo arguing with the hotel desk clerk?
(a) He wanted a king sized bed.
(b) They are not arguing.
(c) His reservation is late.
(d) He wants an extra bed for his daughter.
14. What were the final charges made against the two drug dealers in Part II, Chapter 10?
(a) Illegal cash laundering.
(b) Bribing an officer.
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Drug pushing.
15. What does Thompson tell the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk about Lucy?
(a) She works there.
(b) She is part of a case study for the drug seminar.
(c) She is a run away.
(d) She is jail bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk decide to leave Thompson alone in Part II, Chapter 4?
2. Why does the attorney give drugs to the girl with him in the Hotel Flamingo room?
3. By what name does the narrator go?
4. Where did the story about anti-American songs and an astronaut take place?
5. What is written instead of the manuscript, as explained in Part II, Chapter 9?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)