|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thompson drinking Bloody Marys at the beginning of Part II?
(a) They are on a buy one get one free special.
(b) It is his favorite drink.
(c) He thinks they may have some nutritional value.
(d) It is all they serve where he is drinking.
2. What was the attorney doing when a maid enters their room in the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(c) Vomiting in his shoes.
(d) Threatening Thompson with a knife.
3. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) Swallow two mescalines.
(b) Take a hit of adrenochrome.
(c) Smoke some marijuana.
(d) Take a hit of LSD.
4. What does Thompson have to do at noon the next day after he takes the drugs in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He has to drive back to L.A.
(b) Nothing, he plans to be sleeping.
(c) He has to send in his report on the Mint 400.
(d) He has to attend the seminar.
5. What does the waitress think the American Dream might be?
(a) A place.
(b) A book.
(c) A fable.
(d) A type of political manipulation.
6. What is the only word Thompson can make out from the speech on television in Part II, Chapter 5?
7. What is the attorney wearing in the beginning of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) A suit.
(b) Jeans and a golf shirt.
(c) Shorts and a tank top.
(d) Wingtips and a sport coat.
8. How is the girl with the attorney feeling when Thompson comes into their room at the Hotel Flamingo?
(b) Nervous and tense.
9. What is the Hotel Falmingo maid’s reaction to the attorney in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) She turns red, embarrassed to see him in the bath.
(b) She asks him if he needs a doctor.
(d) She screams.
10. What do Thompson and the attorney ask the Hotel Flamingo maid to do in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Be an extra in the movie.
(b) Go ahead and clean up their room.
(c) Get the attorney some aspirin.
(d) Become one of their operatives.
11. In Part II, Chapter 7, what does Thompson think about the police officer in the seminar and drug users?
(a) The police are some of the worst users.
(b) The police hate all of them.
(c) The police can tell at a glance who uses drugs.
(d) The police there could never spot an actual user.
12. How much money do the two drug dealers in jail in Part II, Chapter 10 have between them?
13. What does the attorney do to the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) He tackles her.
(b) Nothing, she left the room.
(c) He invites her into the tub.
(d) He threatens her with a knife.
14. What does the attorney tell Thompson could happen if Thompson struggles against the effects of the drug in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) A bad trip.
(b) The drugs wear off slower.
(c) The drugs wear off faster.
(d) Brain damage.
15. What crime do Thompson and the attorney tell the DA they speak to in the bar is sweeping the country?
(a) Crack labs.
(b) Drug farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the narrator go?
2. What does the cook say about the waitress’s thoughts on the American Dream?
3. What does Thompson buy at the pharmacy at the beginning of Part II?
4. What car does Thompson chose at the rental booth in Part II?
5. Why does the waitress in Part II, Chapter 8 tell Thompson and the attorney to leave the diner?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)