|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Thompson most about the people attending the narcotics conference?
(a) They do not like homosexuals.
(b) They are all white.
(c) Their beliefs are completely opposite his.
(d) They are all men.
2. What is the Hotel Falmingo maid’s reaction to the attorney in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She turns red, embarrassed to see him in the bath.
(d) She asks him if he needs a doctor.
3. Why is Thompson drinking Bloody Marys at the beginning of Part II?
(a) It is his favorite drink.
(b) He thinks they may have some nutritional value.
(c) It is all they serve where he is drinking.
(d) They are on a buy one get one free special.
4. What does the attorney order when he and Thompson stop at a diner in Part II, Chapter 8?
(b) French fries.
(c) Two hamburgers.
(d) A chocolate milkshake.
5. Why does Thompson stop at the gas station with the White Whale in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) To get gas.
(b) To get some munchies.
(c) To follow a car with yelling hippies in it.
(d) To put air in the tires.
6. Where is the DA from that Thompson and the attorney talk to in the bar?
7. What were the final charges made against the two drug dealers in Part II, Chapter 10?
(a) Drug pushing.
(b) Bribing an officer.
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Illegal cash laundering.
8. What does the attorney tell Thompson could happen if Thompson struggles against the effects of the drug in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) A bad trip.
(b) The drugs wear off slower.
(c) Brain damage.
(d) The drugs wear off faster.
9. Why is Thompson worried about his role in the narcotics conference?
(a) He will not be a passive observer.
(b) He believes drugs are good for everyone.
(c) He does not like crowds.
(d) He is wanted for armed robbery.
10. Why does the attorney give drugs to the girl with him in the Hotel Flamingo room?
(a) She likes to use drugs.
(b) He has not given her any drugs.
(c) She is feeling down.
(d) He is taking sexual advantage of her.
11. What was the attorney doing when a maid enters their room in the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(b) Vomiting in his shoes.
(d) Threatening Thompson with a knife.
12. In what condition does Thompson find his attorney when Thompson arrives at their room in the Hotel Falmaingo?
(a) Depressed and tearful.
(b) Sober and alert.
(d) Completely wasted.
13. What car does Thompson chose at the rental booth in Part II?
(a) A Mercedes.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Volvo.
14. How is Thompson treated when he steps around the argument in the lobby and jumps ahead at the Hotel Flamingo?
(a) He is ignored.
(b) He is treated like a VIP.
(c) He is sent out of the hotel.
(d) He is arrested.
15. Why does the waitress in Part II, Chapter 8 tell Thompson and the attorney to leave the diner?
(a) Thompson has passed out on the table top.
(b) They will not pay for their food.
(c) They are snorting coke on the table.
(d) The attorney writes her a note on napkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thompson and the attorney ultimately do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
2. How is the girl with the attorney feeling when Thompson comes into their room at the Hotel Flamingo?
3. What did the person Thompson read about in the newspaper in the pharmacy parking lotdo while in jail?
4. How far from Baker does Thompson stop to inventory his drugs in Part II, Chapter 1?
5. How does the DA in the bar act when Thompson and the attorney give specifics of crimes?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)