|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the man in the newspaper article Thompson reads in the pharmacy parking lot at the beginning of Part II?
2. Where did the story about anti-American songs and an astronaut take place?
(b) San Fransico.
(c) Las Vegas.
3. What does the cook say about the waitress’s thoughts on the American Dream?
(a) She does not understand English well.
(b) She is right.
(c) She has not lived long in the area and does not know the directions to anything.
(d) She is not correct as to where Thompson should go.
4. What does the attorney do to the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) He threatens her with a knife.
(b) He invites her into the tub.
(c) Nothing, she left the room.
(d) He tackles her.
5. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk decide to leave Thompson alone in Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) He is frightened by the attorney.
(b) He thinks Thompson is a police officer.
(c) He is called away on a another task.
(d) He does not care what Thompson does.
6. What is the last thing Thompson and the attorney tell the DA they meet in a bar?
(a) Not to tell anyone what they told him.
(b) To do a sweep of his hometown.
(c) To get out of law enforcement.
(d) To look for the signs in empty buildings.
7. What does Thompson think about when he returns to the room at the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Going to a show that night.
(b) Whether the attorney’s plane had landed in L.A. yet.
(c) The terrible condition of the room.
8. In the beginning of Part II, what does Thompson fantasize doing with his attorney’s gun?
(a) Shooting lizards on the highway.
(b) Shooting up a police station.
(c) Shooting up the Red Shark.
(d) Killing himself.
9. Where is the DA from that Thompson and the attorney talk to in the bar?
10. For what was Thompson’s friend in Part II, Chapter 10 jailed?
11. Where are Thompson and the attorney at the beginning of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) In the back of an auditorium.
(b) At the airport.
(c) In the white whale.
(d) At the police station.
12. What does the attorney tell the girl he has brought to the Hotel Flamingo in order to get her in a good mood?
(a) He will pay for one of her paintings.
(b) He will take her to meet Debbie Reynolds at the Americana Hotel.
(c) He is going to take her back to Hollywood.
(d) He will take her to meet Barbra Streisand at the Americana Hotel.
13. What story do Thompson and the attorney tell the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Thompson is a doctor.
(b) They are part of an advanced Hollywood crew.
(c) They are undercover narcotic agents.
(d) The attorney had too much to drink.
14. What car does Thompson chose at the rental booth in Part II?
(a) A Volvo.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Mercedes.
15. What bothers Thompson about the obese husband and wife at the conference in Part II?
(a) They are drug users.
(b) They are making out in public.
(c) They are not law officers.
(d) They are addicted to food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the short cook in Part II, Chapter 9 give Thompson?
2. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do in Part II, Chapter 5?
3. Who is giving a speech on the television in Part II, Chapter 5?
4. What is Thompson wearing at the beginning of Part II, Chapter 6?
5. Who calls Thompson while he is still in the Hotel Flamingo room in Part II, Chapter 12?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)