|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the person in jail , according to the newspaper article Thompson read in the pharmacy parking lot?
(a) He had been arrested for reckless driving.
(b) He was a draft dodger.
(c) He had robbed a store.
(d) He was having a drug overdose.
2. How much money do the two drug dealers in jail in Part II, Chapter 10 have between them?
3. Why is Thompson worried about his role in the narcotics conference?
(a) He is wanted for armed robbery.
(b) He does not like crowds.
(c) He will not be a passive observer.
(d) He believes drugs are good for everyone.
4. What bothers Thompson most about the people attending the narcotics conference?
(a) Their beliefs are completely opposite his.
(b) They do not like homosexuals.
(c) They are all men.
(d) They are all white.
5. Over what do Thompson and the attorney haggle with the waitress in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) The décor.
(b) The menu.
(c) The prices.
(d) The special.
6. What does the attorney do to the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Nothing, she left the room.
(b) He invites her into the tub.
(c) He tackles her.
(d) He threatens her with a knife.
7. How is the girl with the attorney feeling when Thompson comes into their room at the Hotel Flamingo?
(b) Nervous and tense.
8. What was the attorney doing when a maid enters their room in the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
(c) Threatening Thompson with a knife.
(d) Vomiting in his shoes.
9. Why is the person in line ahead of Thompson at the Hotel Flamingo arguing with the hotel desk clerk?
(a) They are not arguing.
(b) His reservation is late.
(c) He wanted a king sized bed.
(d) He wants an extra bed for his daughter.
10. What does the Hotel Flamingo maid do when Thompson and the attorney are done with her in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Promises to keep their secrets.
(b) Asks Thompson is he is single.
(c) Goes to get some aspirin.
(d) Cleans up the room.
11. What car does Thompson chose at the rental booth in Part II?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Volvo.
12. Where does Thompson abandon the Red Shark?
(a) At the Highway Patrol Headquarters.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) In the pharmacy parking lot.
(d) In the rental car lot at the airport.
13. Why does the waitress in Part II, Chapter 8 become afraid of the attorney?
(a) He shoves her against the wall.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He pulls a gun on her.
(d) He begins verbally abusing her
14. What did the young man do with the astronaut’s autograph?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Give it to his girlfriend.
(c) Put it on the bulletin board.
(d) Put it in his pocket.
15. In what condition does Thompson find his attorney when Thompson arrives at their room in the Hotel Falmaingo?
(a) Depressed and tearful.
(b) Completely wasted.
(c) Sober and alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the attorney feel about Thompson’s decision in Part II, Chapter 5?
2. What story do Thompson and the attorney tell the Hotel Flamingo maid in Part II, Chapter 11?
3. For what do Thompson and the attorney tell the waitress in Part II, Chapter 9 they are looking?
4. What does the attorney tell Thompson could happen if Thompson struggles against the effects of the drug in Part II, Chapter 5?
5. Why does Thompson stop at the gas station with the White Whale in Part II, Chapter 8?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)