|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young man do with the astronaut’s autograph?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Put it in his pocket.
(c) Put it on the bulletin board.
(d) Give it to his girlfriend.
2. What car does Thompson chose at the rental booth in Part II?
(a) A Volvo.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Cadillac.
3. What does the waitress call the American Dream?
(a) The poor man's comfort.
(c) The Democracy Institute.
(d) The Psychiatrist’s Club.
4. What does the attorney tell the girl he has brought to the Hotel Flamingo in order to get her in a good mood?
(a) He will pay for one of her paintings.
(b) He is going to take her back to Hollywood.
(c) He will take her to meet Debbie Reynolds at the Americana Hotel.
(d) He will take her to meet Barbra Streisand at the Americana Hotel.
5. How long is the opening session of the seminar in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
6. Who calls Thompson while he is still in the Hotel Flamingo room in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Bruce Innes.
(b) The attorney.
(d) The maid.
7. Why is Thompson drinking Bloody Marys at the beginning of Part II?
(a) They are on a buy one get one free special.
(b) It is all they serve where he is drinking.
(c) It is his favorite drink.
(d) He thinks they may have some nutritional value.
8. Why does Thompson stop at the gas station with the White Whale in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) To put air in the tires.
(b) To follow a car with yelling hippies in it.
(c) To get gas.
(d) To get some munchies.
9. What does the attorney advise Thompson to do in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) Swallow two mescalines.
(b) Take a hit of adrenochrome.
(c) Smoke some marijuana.
(d) Take a hit of LSD.
10. Why does the waitress in Part II, Chapter 8 become afraid of the attorney?
(a) He begins verbally abusing her
(b) He shoves her against the wall.
(c) He pulls a gun on her.
(d) He pulls out a knife.
11. What is the effect of the drug Thompson takes in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He falls into a state of paralysis.
(b) He becomes manic for hours.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) There is not a big effect.
12. Where did the story about anti-American songs and an astronaut take place?
(c) San Fransico.
(d) Las Vegas.
13. What does the waitress think the American Dream might be?
(a) A fable.
(b) A place.
(c) A book.
(d) A type of political manipulation.
14. What does the Hotel Flamingo maid do when Thompson and the attorney are done with her in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Goes to get some aspirin.
(b) Cleans up the room.
(c) Promises to keep their secrets.
(d) Asks Thompson is he is single.
15. Where does Thompson abandon the Red Shark?
(a) In the pharmacy parking lot.
(b) At the Highway Patrol Headquarters.
(c) At the bus station.
(d) In the rental car lot at the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson suggest to the attorney they do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
2. How does the attorney cause a ruckus in the seminar in Part II, Chapter 7?
3. How does Thompson pay for his car in Part II?
4. What does Thompson think about when he returns to the room at the Hotel Flamingo in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. What do Thompson and the attorney ask the Hotel Flamingo maid to do in Part II, Chapter 11?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)