|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Thompson and the lawyer go after they leave the Debbie Reynolds show?
(a) To their hotel.
(b) To the racetrack.
(c) To the Circus-Circus.
(d) To the Encore.
2. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) One of the winners of the Mint 400.
(c) The hitchhiker they had picked up on the way to Las Vegas.
(d) The F.B.I.
3. What magazine in Part 1, Chapter 10 says they want a 50,000 word article from Thompson?
(b) Rolling Stone.
4. What happens to the clerk’s face at the first hotel when Thompson is talking to her in Part 1?
(b) It turns into a moray eel.
(c) She blushes.
(d) Her face shows disgust at him.
5. What did Thompson decide to do after talking with the individual he gave as an example of long term drug use?
(a) Not ever speak to that person again.
(b) Swear off all alcohol forever.
(c) Not use the drug that person used.
(d) Stop smoking marijuana.
6. Who does the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10 think is paying Thompson’s hotel bill?
(a) Dr. Gonzo.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) Raoul Duke.
7. Who brings a pink telephone to Thompson in Part 1?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) A clown.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) His sister.
8. What does the police officer in Part 1, Chapter 12 tell Thompson to do?
(a) Keep his hands on the steering wheel.
(b) Put his hands on the hood of the car.
(c) Pull into the next rest area and take a nap.
(d) Get out of the vehicle.
9. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
(a) He slips the hitchhiker a drug.
(b) He begins an explanation of why he and the lawyer are traveling.
(c) Thompson pretends to go to sleep.
(d) He turns on the radio so the hitchhiker cannot talk.
10. What does Thompson tell his lawyer is the reason his lawyer should not come to the Flamingo?
(a) Thompson is not going to write anymore articles.
(b) The Flamingo's rooms are too small.
(c) He has left Las Vegas.
(d) Foreigners are not welcome there.
11. What does Thompson say they must get before they can leave for Las Vegas?
(a) Cocaine and luggage.
(b) A car and their astrology forecast for predicting their gambling.
(c) A car, cocaine and a tape recorder.
(d) A tape recorder, a gun, and some maps.
12. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A minivan.
(b) A land cruiser.
(c) A Ford Bronco.
(d) Two motorcycles.
13. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
(a) His mother's face.
(c) Pictures of Armageddon.
14. Why does Thompson leave the lawyer in the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) So Thompson can meet a woman from the bar.
(b) So the lawyer can sleep off the drugs in his system.
(c) So Thompson can clear up the misunderstanding with the photographer.
(d) So Thompson can move the car to the hotel garage.
15. What does Thompson have that helps his memories of the Saturday night before the race?
(a) The fact that his lawyer was with him the whole night.
(b) A video of all the important events.
(c) A recording of everyone to whom he spoke.
(d) Cryptic notecards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
2. What shirt is Thompson thinking about wearing for driving home in Part 1, Chapter 11?
3. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
4. How did Diane Hamby, whose body is stuffed in a refrigerator, die, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
5. What kind of shirt does the man who talks about physically abusing his wife wear?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)