|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer ask Thompson to do when Thompson returns to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) He does not ask Thompson to do anything, he is sleeping.
(b) Throw the radio in the tub.
(c) See if there are any drugs in the ruined pillows.
(d) Talk to the man he has on the phone.
2. Where does Thompson leave his attorney at near the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) In a public restroom.
(c) In their hotel room.
(d) In the car.
3. Why was a pharmacy owner arrested, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
(a) For having 100,000 pills missing.
(b) For charging Medicare the wrong price.
(c) For watering down prescriptions.
(d) For private insurance fraud.
4. Why does the attorney pull the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He is pretending to have a heart attack.
(b) He wants something to eat.
(c) He is getting sleepy.
(d) He pretends the car is broken.
5. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
(b) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
(c) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
(d) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
6. What kind of shirt does the man who talks about physically abusing his wife wear?
(a) An American flag t-shirt.
(b) A Harley-Davidson shirt.
(c) An Idaho campgrounds shirt.
(d) A Bud light t-shirt.
7. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
8. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) The hitchhiker they had picked up on the way to Las Vegas.
(c) One of the winners of the Mint 400.
(d) The F.B.I.
9. What does Thompson tell his lawyer is the reason his lawyer should not come to the Flamingo?
(a) The Flamingo's rooms are too small.
(b) Foreigners are not welcome there.
(c) He has left Las Vegas.
(d) Thompson is not going to write anymore articles.
10. What does the lawyer do when Thompson does not do what the lawyer has asked upon returning to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Stabs at him with the letter opener.
(b) Brandish his hunting knife at him.
(c) Poke him in the arm with his pen knife.
(d) Threaten him with a gun.
11. Of what nationality is the lawyer?
12. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
(a) A Dodge Fury.
(b) A Ford mustang.
(c) A Chevy convertible.
(d) A Ford pick-up.
13. Who does the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10 think is paying Thompson’s hotel bill?
(a) Raoul Duke.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) Dr. Gonzo.
14. What color is the vehicle that Thompson and his lawyer are driving to Las Vegas?
15. What highway runs from Las Vegas to Los Angeles?
(a) Highway 66.
(b) Bakersfield Highway.
(c) Highway 1.
(d) Interstate 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thompson mention when he talks about the long term effects of drug use?
2. What does Thompson tell his lawyer they must do before dark in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. When are Thompson and the lawyer at the track at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. When does Thompson’s lawyer leave Las Vegas?
5. What is the correspondent from Life magazine doing in Part 1, Chapter 5 that bothers Thompson?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)