|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what song playing on the jukebox does Thompson have a bad reaction?
(a) “Hey Jude.”
(b) “Bridge Over Troubled Waters.”
(c) “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”
(d) “Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie.”
2. What kind of shirt does the man who talks about physically abusing his wife wear?
(a) A Bud light t-shirt.
(b) An American flag t-shirt.
(c) A Harley-Davidson shirt.
(d) An Idaho campgrounds shirt.
3. Why does Thompson ask his lawyer to drive in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) It is his lawyer's car.
(b) Thompson wants to work on his computer.
(c) Thompson is having hallucinations.
(d) Thompson is sleepy.
4. How does Thompson think he might find out who won the Mint 400?
(a) Reading the L.A. Times.
(b) Calling his photographer.
(c) Looking at the videos he took.
(d) Getting the local Las Vegas paper.
5. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
(b) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
(c) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
(d) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
6. Where do the journalists go after the race begins?
(b) To the finish line.
(c) Back to their hotels, the race will last about seven hours.
(d) To the bar at the race track.
7. What does Thompson say they must get before they can leave for Las Vegas?
(a) A tape recorder, a gun, and some maps.
(b) A car, cocaine and a tape recorder.
(c) A car and their astrology forecast for predicting their gambling.
(d) Cocaine and luggage.
8. What does the lawyer ask Thompson to do when Thompson returns to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Throw the radio in the tub.
(b) Talk to the man he has on the phone.
(c) He does not ask Thompson to do anything, he is sleeping.
(d) See if there are any drugs in the ruined pillows.
9. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A land cruiser.
(b) A minivan.
(c) Two motorcycles.
(d) A Ford Bronco.
10. What shirt is Thompson thinking about wearing for driving home in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Red and purple Acapulco shirt.
(b) His ma, pa and apple pie American shirt.
(c) A black T-shirt with a motorcycle on it.
(d) A hippie guru shirt.
11. Where did Thompson have his first hits of LSD?
(a) In the Cow Palace.
(b) In Berkeley, attending college.
(c) In his brother-in-law’s house.
(d) In the Fillimore.
12. How did Diane Hamby, whose body is stuffed in a refrigerator, die, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She took an overdose of pills and climbed in the refrigerator.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) The cause of death is unknown.
(d) An overdose of heroin.
13. What magazine in Part 1, Chapter 10 says they want a 50,000 word article from Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
14. What is the name of the bar in which Thompson is sitting on the outskirts of Las Vegas, in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Red Slot Pub.
(b) Wild Bill’s Café.
(c) Mile’s Slots and Beer.
(d) Las Vegas Drinks.
15. Where does Thompson leave his attorney at near the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) In a public restroom.
(c) In the car.
(d) In their hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson say the two men have to wear to Las Vegas?
2. What is the lawyer doing when Thompson returns to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. Of what nationality is the lawyer?
4. What does Thompson tell his lawyer is the reason his lawyer should not come to the Flamingo?
5. Why is Thompson uncomfortable in a car full of narcotics in Part 1, Chapter 6?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)