|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
2. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
(a) He begins an explanation of why he and the lawyer are traveling.
(b) He slips the hitchhiker a drug.
(c) He turns on the radio so the hitchhiker cannot talk.
(d) Thompson pretends to go to sleep.
3. Why was Thompson almost arrested in Part 1?
(a) He did not pay for his drinks in the bar.
(b) He relieved himself in the hotel lobby's planter.
(c) He yells about reptiles in the hotel lobby.
(d) He hit the lawyer.
4. What color is the vehicle that Thompson and his lawyer are driving to Las Vegas?
5. What does Thompson think is the way Lacerda returned to L.A.?
(a) Greyhound bus.
(b) Took the train.
(d) Drove a rental car.
6. What does the lawyer do when he begins to feel the effects of the mescaline in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He gets up on the stage.
(c) He panics.
(d) He throws up.
7. What magazine in Part 1, Chapter 10 says they want a 50,000 word article from Thompson?
(c) Rolling Stone.
8. When does Thompson’s lawyer leave Las Vegas?
(a) He is staying in Las Vegas.
(b) Two days after Thompson.
(c) He left that morning.
(d) He will leave with Thompson.
9. Where did Thompson live in the mid 1960’s?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. What is the bartender wearing at the bar outside Las Vegas where Thompson has stopped at the end of Part 1?
(a) A muu muu and overalls.
(b) A hippie dress.
(c) Shorts and halter top.
(d) Blue jeans and sweat shirt.
11. What does Thompson think, in the beginning of Chapter 12, is a real possibility for him?
(a) Having his wife gone when he gets home.
(b) Being stopped by a police officer.
(c) Having a physical and mental breakdown.
(d) Not being able to stay in Las Vegas.
12. Where were Thompson and the lawyer when Thompson’s employer calls them in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) At Thompson’s house.
(b) At the lawyer’s office.
(c) In the Polo lounge.
(d) At the golf course.
13. Why does the attorney run a red light in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He wants to get to the restaurant before six.
(b) He has fallen into a drug coma.
(c) He is being chased by a police officer.
(d) He does not see the light.
14. How does Thompson think he might find out who won the Mint 400?
(a) Calling his photographer.
(b) Looking at the videos he took.
(c) Reading the L.A. Times.
(d) Getting the local Las Vegas paper.
15. Who does Thompson mention when he talks about the long term effects of drug use?
(a) His brother.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) A doctor and former LSD guru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thompson uncomfortable in a car full of narcotics in Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. What does Thompson say the two men have to wear to Las Vegas?
3. What is in the car Thompson has in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. Why is Thompson not able to see the race?
5. What highway runs from Las Vegas to Los Angeles?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)