|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson do while he is waiting for his car to be brought to him in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Talks to his lawyer.
(b) Plays a couple of slot machines.
(c) Reads a newspaper.
(d) Talks to a desk clerk.
2. What does Thompson tell the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk about Lucy?
(a) She is part of a case study for the drug seminar.
(b) She works there.
(c) She is jail bait.
(d) She is a run away.
3. How does Thompson fend off the lawyer in their hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) With a can of mace.
(b) With his suitcase.
(c) With a bed quilt.
(d) With the desk chair.
4. What is the effect of the drug Thompson takes in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He falls into a state of paralysis.
(b) There is not a big effect.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He becomes manic for hours.
5. What does Thompson tell people as to why Thompson is leaving the seminar in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) He says the speakers are inane.
(b) He has an appointment with the local police.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He has a call from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson feel on edge around the seminar people in Part II, Chapter 7?
2. What highway runs from Las Vegas to Los Angeles?
3. What is the name of the bar in which Thompson is sitting on the outskirts of Las Vegas, in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11?
4. Why does the attorney give drugs to the girl with him in the Hotel Flamingo room?
5. Why was the person in jail , according to the newspaper article Thompson read in the pharmacy parking lot?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)