|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson tell his lawyer is the reason his lawyer should not come to the Flamingo?
(a) The Flamingo's rooms are too small.
(b) Thompson is not going to write anymore articles.
(c) He has left Las Vegas.
(d) Foreigners are not welcome there.
2. Why is Thompson uncomfortable in a car full of narcotics in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He knows he needs to keep his head clear.
(b) Las Vegas has harsh drug laws.
(c) He wants to keep his lawyer sober.
(d) He does not have narcotics in his car.
3. What does Thompson say they must get before they can leave for Las Vegas?
(a) A car and their astrology forecast for predicting their gambling.
(b) A car, cocaine and a tape recorder.
(c) A tape recorder, a gun, and some maps.
(d) Cocaine and luggage.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Thompson read is a main conflict in the United States?
(a) Between the culture of the 1940’s and the 1970’s.
(b) Between the gays and the straights.
(c) Between anti-war demonstrators and police.
(d) He does not mention any conflict.
5. What did the person Thompson mentioned when talking about the long term effects of drug use do when Thompson asked him/her a question?
(a) He lies to Thompson.
(b) He slaps Thompson in the face.
(c) He hums to himself and does not notice Thompson.
(d) He tells Thompson that one has to find their own answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what nationality is the lawyer?
2. What does Thompson say the two men have to wear to Las Vegas?
3. What does Thompson decide to do after talking with the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk in Part II, Chapter 4?
4. What do Thompson and the attorney find out when they return to their suite after dealing with the girl the attorney brought to the Hotel Flamingo?
5. What does Thompson tell his lawyer they must do before dark in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)