|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 5 & 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are Thompson and the lawyer at the track at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) At noon.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In late afternoon.
(d) At sunrise.
2. Under what name is Thompson going in the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) Duke Jameson.
(b) Bobby Therman.
(c) Raoul Duke.
(d) Patrick Hardy.
3. For what does Thompson tell the hitchhiker he and the lawyer are searching?
(a) He does not tell the hitchhiker anything, he is pretending to sleep.
(b) The American Dream.
(c) Thompson's son.
(d) A new hometown for Thompson.
4. Why is Thompson worried about his role in the narcotics conference?
(a) He does not like crowds.
(b) He believes drugs are good for everyone.
(c) He is wanted for armed robbery.
(d) He will not be a passive observer.
5. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
(a) A Ford pick-up.
(b) A Chevy convertible.
(c) A Ford mustang.
(d) A Dodge Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson get a telegram in Part 1, Chapter 10?
2. How many years did Ali get sentenced to prison, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
3. Why is Thompson uncomfortable in a car full of narcotics in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. What does the attorney tell Lucy when he calls her in Part II, Chapter 5?
5. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)