|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
(a) Pictures of Armageddon.
(c) His mother's face.
2. What kind of race is the Mint 400?
(a) A dog race.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A motorcycle and dune buggy race.
(d) A scavenger hunt.
3. How much is Thompson given for his trip to Las Vegas?
4. Why is Thompson not able to see the race?
(a) The cloud of dust from the racers is too thick.
(b) It has begun to rain hard.
(c) He has returned to his hotel.
(d) He does not have a good standing place.
5. Where do the journalists go after the race begins?
(a) To the bar at the race track.
(c) Back to their hotels, the race will last about seven hours.
(d) To the finish line.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson think he might find out who won the Mint 400?
2. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
3. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
4. Over what do Thompson and the lawyer get into an argument after the lawyer pulls the car over to the side of the road?
5. Why does the attorney pull the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)