|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine in Part 1, Chapter 10 says they want a 50,000 word article from Thompson?
(c) Rolling Stone.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Thompson read is a main conflict in the United States?
(a) Between anti-war demonstrators and police.
(b) Between the culture of the 1940’s and the 1970’s.
(c) Between the gays and the straights.
(d) He does not mention any conflict.
3. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
(c) His mother's face.
(d) Pictures of Armageddon.
4. What shirt is Thompson thinking about wearing for driving home in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) His ma, pa and apple pie American shirt.
(b) Red and purple Acapulco shirt.
(c) A black T-shirt with a motorcycle on it.
(d) A hippie guru shirt.
5. Why was Muhammad Ali sentenced, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
(a) For refusing to obey the draft.
(b) For beating his wife.
(c) For hitting a man on the street.
(d) For cheating in the ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
2. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
3. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
4. Of what nationality is the lawyer?
5. What does Thompson tell his lawyer is the reason his lawyer should not come to the Flamingo?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)