|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Thompson’s lawyer leave Las Vegas?
(a) He is staying in Las Vegas.
(b) Two days after Thompson.
(c) He will leave with Thompson.
(d) He left that morning.
2. How long was Thompson able to keep his original decision never to use LSD?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
3. Why is the lawyer upset at the photographer sent for Thompson?
(a) The lawyer does not want to have to follow the photographer and Thompson around.
(b) The lawyer thinks the photographer took a woman from the lawyer.
(c) He does not like to have his picture taken.
(d) The photographer made a remark about the lawyer’s brains.
4. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
(b) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
(c) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
(d) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 7, what does the lawyer pull out in the elevator?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A Magnum .357.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A razor sharp hunting knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Thompson tell the hitchhiker he and the lawyer are searching?
2. Why does Thompson decide to leave Las Vegas in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. What does the lawyer do when he begins to feel the effects of the mescaline in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. What does Thompson tell his lawyer they must do before dark in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)