|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
(a) Black Russians.
(b) LSD and cocaine.
(c) Mescaline and Singapore Slings.
2. What kind of shirt does the man who talks about physically abusing his wife wear?
(a) An Idaho campgrounds shirt.
(b) A Harley-Davidson shirt.
(c) An American flag t-shirt.
(d) A Bud light t-shirt.
3. Why was Thompson almost arrested in Part 1?
(a) He hit the lawyer.
(b) He relieved himself in the hotel lobby's planter.
(c) He did not pay for his drinks in the bar.
(d) He yells about reptiles in the hotel lobby.
4. Where did Thompson live in the mid 1960’s?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. When are Thompson and the lawyer at the track at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) In late afternoon.
(b) At noon.
(c) At sunrise.
(d) In the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Thompson able to keep his original decision never to use LSD?
2. What does the lawyer ask Thompson to do when Thompson returns to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. Why is Thompson not able to see the race?
4. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
5. What did Thompson decide to do after talking with the individual he gave as an example of long term drug use?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)