|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Thompson’s lawyer leave Las Vegas?
(a) He is staying in Las Vegas.
(b) He will leave with Thompson.
(c) Two days after Thompson.
(d) He left that morning.
2. Why is Thompson uncomfortable in a car full of narcotics in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He does not have narcotics in his car.
(b) Las Vegas has harsh drug laws.
(c) He knows he needs to keep his head clear.
(d) He wants to keep his lawyer sober.
3. What does Thompson say they must get before they can leave for Las Vegas?
(a) A car, cocaine and a tape recorder.
(b) Cocaine and luggage.
(c) A car and their astrology forecast for predicting their gambling.
(d) A tape recorder, a gun, and some maps.
4. What kind of job does Thompson have?
(a) He sells cars.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a professional gambler.
5. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
(a) Mescaline and Singapore Slings.
(b) Black Russians.
(c) LSD and cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Thompson read is a main conflict in the United States?
3. What does the lawyer do when Thompson does not do what the lawyer has asked upon returning to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. What song is playing on the radio when Thompson takes over the car in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)