|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the attorney run a red light in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He wants to get to the restaurant before six.
(b) He has fallen into a drug coma.
(c) He is being chased by a police officer.
(d) He does not see the light.
2. Why does Thompson decide to leave Las Vegas in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) His employer has another assignment for him.
(b) A woman he met wants to see California.
(c) He is running up a large hotel bill and drug use makes him paranoid.
(d) His job is done.
3. What magazine in Part 1, Chapter 10 says they want a 50,000 word article from Thompson?
(a) Rolling Stone.
4. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A minivan.
(b) A land cruiser.
(c) Two motorcycles.
(d) A Ford Bronco.
5. Under what name is Thompson going in the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) Bobby Therman.
(b) Patrick Hardy.
(c) Raoul Duke.
(d) Duke Jameson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Thompson and the lawyer when Thompson’s employer calls them in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Why was Muhammad Ali sentenced, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
3. What does the lawyer do when Thompson does not do what the lawyer has asked upon returning to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. Where do Thompson and the lawyer go after they leave the Debbie Reynolds show?
5. Why does the attorney pull the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)