|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Thompson able to keep his original decision never to use LSD?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
2. What does Thompson do while he is waiting for his car to be brought to him in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Talks to a desk clerk.
(b) Reads a newspaper.
(c) Plays a couple of slot machines.
(d) Talks to his lawyer.
3. How did Diane Hamby, whose body is stuffed in a refrigerator, die, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
(a) The cause of death is unknown.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She took an overdose of pills and climbed in the refrigerator.
(d) An overdose of heroin.
4. What does Thompson briefly think to do when the hitchhiker talks about the car?
(a) Give him the car.
(b) Let him drive.
(c) Leave him walking.
(d) Nothing, the hitchhiker does not talk about the car.
5. What does the lawyer do when Thompson does not do what the lawyer has asked upon returning to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Stabs at him with the letter opener.
(b) Poke him in the arm with his pen knife.
(c) Brandish his hunting knife at him.
(d) Threaten him with a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson ask his lawyer to drive in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Why does the attorney pull the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Thompson do while he is drinking at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. Where does Thompson leave his attorney at near the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What did Thompson decide to do after talking with the individual he gave as an example of long term drug use?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)