|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5 & 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hitchhiker do when the attorney pulls the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Flees into the desert.
(b) Takes over driving.
(c) Gives the lawyer a cup of coffee.
(d) Makes the lawyer a sandwich.
2. For what does Thompson tell the hitchhiker he and the lawyer are searching?
(a) Thompson's son.
(b) The American Dream.
(c) A new hometown for Thompson.
(d) He does not tell the hitchhiker anything, he is pretending to sleep.
3. What does Thompson tell his lawyer they must do before dark in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Find a burlesque show.
(b) Go to the Mint 400 racetrack.
(c) Call his house.
(d) Try to earn some money at blackjack.
4. Where does Thompson leave his attorney at near the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) In their hotel room.
(b) The hotel lobby.
(c) In a public restroom.
(d) In the car.
5. What does the lawyer do when he begins to feel the effects of the mescaline in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He panics.
(c) He gets up on the stage.
(d) He throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the attorney run a red light in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. Where do Thompson and the lawyer go to see the Debbie Reynolds show?
3. When are Thompson and the lawyer at the track at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
5. What is the correspondent from Life magazine doing in Part 1, Chapter 5 that bothers Thompson?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)