|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson briefly think to do when the hitchhiker talks about the car?
(a) Leave him walking.
(b) Give him the car.
(c) Nothing, the hitchhiker does not talk about the car.
(d) Let him drive.
2. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
(a) Pictures of Armageddon.
(d) His mother's face.
3. Where does Thompson get his credentials in Part 1?
(a) At the hotel office.
(b) At the press table.
(c) At the local newspaper office.
(d) He carries them with him.
4. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
(b) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
(c) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
(d) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
5. What happens to the clerk’s face at the first hotel when Thompson is talking to her in Part 1?
(a) It turns into a moray eel.
(c) She blushes.
(d) Her face shows disgust at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson ask his lawyer to drive in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. On what is Thompson and the lawyer getting high before they leave for Las Vegas?
3. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
4. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
5. Where does Thompson leave his attorney at near the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)