|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
(b) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
(c) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
(d) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
2. Where does Thompson get his credentials in Part 1?
(a) At the local newspaper office.
(b) At the press table.
(c) He carries them with him.
(d) At the hotel office.
3. What happens to the clerk’s face at the first hotel when Thompson is talking to her in Part 1?
(b) Her face shows disgust at him.
(c) She blushes.
(d) It turns into a moray eel.
4. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
(a) A piece about the Laos invasion.
(b) The swearing in of a new Supreme Court justice.
(c) A horror flick.
(d) Advertising for a rival firm.
5. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
(a) Thompson pretends to go to sleep.
(b) He begins an explanation of why he and the lawyer are traveling.
(c) He turns on the radio so the hitchhiker cannot talk.
(d) He slips the hitchhiker a drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car are Thompson and his lawyer driving to Las Vegas?
2. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
3. What does Thompson briefly think to do when the hitchhiker talks about the car?
4. What kind of race is the Mint 400?
5. What does the hitchhiker do when the attorney pulls the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)