|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
(a) He turns on the radio so the hitchhiker cannot talk.
(b) He slips the hitchhiker a drug.
(c) He begins an explanation of why he and the lawyer are traveling.
(d) Thompson pretends to go to sleep.
2. Where were Thompson and the lawyer when Thompson’s employer calls them in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) At the golf course.
(b) At the lawyer’s office.
(c) At Thompson’s house.
(d) In the Polo lounge.
3. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
(a) The swearing in of a new Supreme Court justice.
(b) A piece about the Laos invasion.
(c) Advertising for a rival firm.
(d) A horror flick.
4. What does the hitchhiker do when the attorney pulls the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Flees into the desert.
(b) Makes the lawyer a sandwich.
(c) Takes over driving.
(d) Gives the lawyer a cup of coffee.
5. How much is Thompson given for his trip to Las Vegas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the attorney run a red light in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. Over what do Thompson and the lawyer get into an argument after the lawyer pulls the car over to the side of the road?
3. Where does Thompson leave his attorney at near the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. What kind of job does Thompson have?
5. What does Thompson tell his lawyer they must do before dark in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)