|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson tell his lawyer they must do before dark in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Try to earn some money at blackjack.
(b) Call his house.
(c) Find a burlesque show.
(d) Go to the Mint 400 racetrack.
2. What bothers Thompson most about the people attending the narcotics conference?
(a) They are all white.
(b) Their beliefs are completely opposite his.
(c) They are all men.
(d) They do not like homosexuals.
3. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk decide to leave Thompson alone in Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) He is called away on a another task.
(b) He thinks Thompson is a police officer.
(c) He is frightened by the attorney.
(d) He does not care what Thompson does.
4. How does Thompson think he might find out who won the Mint 400?
(a) Looking at the videos he took.
(b) Calling his photographer.
(c) Reading the L.A. Times.
(d) Getting the local Las Vegas paper.
5. Why does the attorney give drugs to the girl with him in the Hotel Flamingo room?
(a) He is taking sexual advantage of her.
(b) She likes to use drugs.
(c) She is feeling down.
(d) He has not given her any drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thompson have that helps his memories of the Saturday night before the race?
2. When does Thompson’s lawyer leave Las Vegas?
3. For what do Thompson and the attorney tell the waitress in Part II, Chapter 9 they are looking?
4. What kind of race is the Mint 400?
5. What did the person Thompson mentioned when talking about the long term effects of drug use do when Thompson asked him/her a question?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)