|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 & 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do Thompson and the attorney tell the waitress in Part II, Chapter 9 they are looking?
(a) Better drugs.
(b) The Land of Oz.
(c) An honest man.
(d) The American Dream.
2. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Two motorcycles.
(b) A Ford Bronco.
(c) A minivan.
(d) A land cruiser.
3. Why is the lawyer upset at the photographer sent for Thompson?
(a) The lawyer does not want to have to follow the photographer and Thompson around.
(b) The photographer made a remark about the lawyer’s brains.
(c) He does not like to have his picture taken.
(d) The lawyer thinks the photographer took a woman from the lawyer.
4. What does Thompson have to do at noon the next day after he takes the drugs in Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) He has to attend the seminar.
(b) He has to drive back to L.A.
(c) He has to send in his report on the Mint 400.
(d) Nothing, he plans to be sleeping.
5. What does the hitchhiker do when the attorney pulls the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Gives the lawyer a cup of coffee.
(b) Flees into the desert.
(c) Takes over driving.
(d) Makes the lawyer a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the man in the newspaper article Thompson reads in the pharmacy parking lot at the beginning of Part II?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Thompson read is a main conflict in the United States?
3. To what song playing on the jukebox does Thompson have a bad reaction?
4. What shirt is Thompson thinking about wearing for driving home in Part 1, Chapter 11?
5. What is the name of the bar in which Thompson is sitting on the outskirts of Las Vegas, in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)